Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Verbal abuse on the increase, is it?

(33 Posts)
StopThinkLife Sun 07-Apr-13 18:12:31

“There is more legislation protecting animals, than there is protecting fathers.” (Justice for Fathers)
What do you think? and are we taking the rights away from fathers seeing there children and is this right? This week as a woman who works in family law I have seen 5 cases of verbal abuse come in to play since the government policy change (1st April 2013) on there partners and I have a feeling this will be on the increase by the end of the year from people abusing there rights to get benefits and legal aid paid. I know of cases that women have been advised to say verbal abuse even child abuse by solicitors and social workers. Is this policy change good or bad or should it be thought about? Are we looking after the interest of our children or our selves as women and do men deserve everything they get and has it swung to much in our favour and tipped the ball of balance one way not equal, when it come down to the rights of our children seeing there parents?... Children need to see parents as much as they can to give the balanced life style they need. What is your thoughts using verbal abuse or any sort of abuse to break up with your partner....

extracrunchy Mon 08-Apr-13 08:28:52

I'm a bit worried about who "family law" are employing...

LizzyMcGuire Mon 08-Apr-13 08:30:12

Are you saying that verbal abuse isn't actually abuse and that women are using it as a reason for divorce when really they shoudl just put up with it? Is that right?

knackeredknitter Mon 08-Apr-13 08:36:48

Oh my, must make some popcorn, will be back just off to make my porridge........

BasilBabyEater Mon 08-Apr-13 08:42:26

"I am more for women's rights but I can't stand here and watch the rights taken away from any persion whether is a man or woman because a law has got loop holes in it for people to take advantage of it"

Sorry, which rights are being taken away exactly? The right to verbally abuse your partner without it being used against you in a court of law?

I rather think it's a good thing that right was taken away.

Also, when you say you're more for women's rights, more for women's rights than what?

When you say you work in family law, what exactly do you do there? I'm guessing you're not the senior partner. hmm

izzyizin Mon 08-Apr-13 08:56:13

grin@FactOfTheMatter - I prefer my mixed metaphors shaken not stirred with the same swizzle stick wink

Would that be varnished with the same brush or tarred and feathered, OP?

Midwife99 Mon 08-Apr-13 09:09:26

Are you the errand boy in a law firm? You can't possibly be one of the secretaries, legal assistants or solicitors! You cannot spell, your grammar is shocking & your argument is contradictory!
There, their, they're!!

JaquelineHyde Mon 08-Apr-13 09:28:42

Please God don't tell me that you actually want us to believe that you represent people in court or have any kind of job above making the tea!

pictish Mon 08-Apr-13 09:35:38

I'm having some trouble deciphering the OP's posts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now