Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating Thread 50 .....

(1000 Posts)
TigsytheTiger Sun 07-Apr-13 12:28:52

celebrating half a century of dating chit chat, all welcome ...

MirandaWest Fri 12-Apr-13 12:24:13

I have some new converse grin

EternalRose Fri 12-Apr-13 12:28:49

Are they pink Miranda?

Me want pink converse with diamantes on! grin

I live in flats do heels are a treat grin

I live in my lacoste high top boys trainers. I love them yet always look like a teen!

OhWesternWind Fri 12-Apr-13 12:31:42

Flats all the way for me too! Cannot do heels so I have just given up. Would rather be flat and stable than high and tottery, although I do get a bit envy at some of these lovely shoes.

Poppysquad Fri 12-Apr-13 12:38:06

I just wanted to let those who rememebr me know that I've not forgotten you. Life has just taken over at the moment.

I've just caught up on some of the news on the thread. I am still seeing Sugar Daddy. We have got to the stage of him meeting some of my old friends and coming with me to watch my son play rugby. We have even talked about what we may do this summer in terms of a holiday. OMG. It does seem strange and a bit unreal still. I am still trying not to assume too much as it has all gone tits up previously.

VelvetSpoon Fri 12-Apr-13 12:41:17

This thread is turning into a shoe-fetishists dream grin I love everyone elses shoes almost as much as my own!

Ok, last one.. these are my possible next purchase IF I can think of enough outfits to wear them with smile

I love heels, I have awful posture so they really help, make me stand up straight and walk better. I do feel like a bit of a giant sometimes though as most of my friends wear much lower heels than me! Am currently wearing DS1's cast off converse (worn 3 times before he decided he was more of an AirForceOne boy hmm) though they are a bit lacking in sparkle for me if I'm honest!

Scrazy Fri 12-Apr-13 12:41:47

Lubey, I usually find day 5 the worst then you feel gradually better until around 2 weeks and it's plain sailing. Now this is cold turkey, no nictotine via patches or ecigs whatsoever. I am good at giving up, just bad at not starting again. I am only on around 7 a day and will give up again in a couple of months.

I'm still going to have a night out with the new guy and there is tomorrow!! stomach doing flips thinking about it.

EternalRose Fri 12-Apr-13 12:45:12

Velvet I love them! grin

They would go with a gorgeous missguided dress.....

lubeybooby Fri 12-Apr-13 13:01:45

I've put one of my insane but fave pairs on my profile grin

Lubey you are doing it, just keep going and think about the lovely benefits of another smoke free day.

OWW that is a bit odd, I would reply saying that doesn't work for you, and suggesting something else (if you can be arsed). It sounds like he has some sort of social skills deficit, who knows.

Kin would have won the sweepstake, no cancellation text/mail from Telephone Man.

EternalRose Fri 12-Apr-13 13:09:08

lubey what are you doing to me!!!! grin

x

KinNora Fri 12-Apr-13 13:24:47

What absolutely marvellous shoes ! Corrrrrrrr, <rubs thighs like Vic Reeves>.

Juliette - I'm doing my special 'sweepstake winning' dance, I hope he's either not a tool or he's a cathartic-arse-kicking-enabling tool.

Velvet I have been known to stick Swarovski crystals onto shoes in order to bling em up.

VelvetSpoon Fri 12-Apr-13 13:40:22

Oooh, Swarovski crystals, now there's an idea!

Juliette hope date with Telephone man goes well, and he's less irritating in RL smile Or else just dispense with him with a withering put-down.

Lubey you are doing fab, keep it up! As with anything, first few days are the hardest (I know it's that way for me with diets...once you get past a week or two, you become accustomed to it)

Rose I think sadly my MissGuided dress days are about 10 years and 5 stone behind me grin might still get the shoes anyway...am thinking they could be the basis of my outfit for the races this year provided it's not hideously muddy like the last time I went

KinNora Fri 12-Apr-13 13:44:42

Oh yes, Swarovski crystals and a glue gun, I turned a pair of New Look five quid specials into a thing of wonder.

MirandaWest Fri 12-Apr-13 14:19:43

Is a good thing I am seeing Mr Nice tonight as I haven't seen him since last Saturday which is Too Long. I may get to his house before him - am slightly considering wearing not a lot if I am there first. Possibly even some heels which for me is unusual grin.

His DS is in Cumbria tonight which is a safe distance away grin.

Now need to sort this house out....is much too dull blush. Someone motivate me please. And need to get children to pack stuff for being at XHs house including school stuff for Monday...

KinNora Fri 12-Apr-13 14:27:49

I can't motivate you to tidy up Miranda because it is much too dull - tell the children to get their stuff together, meanwhile you go and lie in the bath, listening to music, drinking wine and texting Mr Nice exactly what your plans are for him this evening.

MirandaWest Fri 12-Apr-13 14:30:18

That sounds a much better idea grin.

Another pair of converse just arrived smile. Mr Nice got me some red ones and I got me some purple ones. PayPal balance came in nicely smile

KinNora Fri 12-Apr-13 14:42:06

Excellent.

I've just completed a profile on OKC and received two intelligent, funny, literate messages Match can go stick itself up its arse

MirandaWest Fri 12-Apr-13 14:56:18

I am a fan of OKC smile

Have not moved since I last posted blush. And am not dressed blushblush. DC playing nicely together which is a Good Thing.

WarmFuzzyFun Fri 12-Apr-13 15:01:09

Vlevet I like your shoe preferences, although I am a flat shoe girl.

KinNora Fri 12-Apr-13 15:15:03

Does that mean your twin theory has been dismissed WFF ?

TigsytheTiger Fri 12-Apr-13 15:17:30

afternoon all,

Hi Poppy I remember you, although I name changed a few weeks ago, if Mr Ex Army rings a bell, then you will know who I am!!

Glad everything is going ok with Sugardaddy and you have worked things out, fingers crossed for you and a lovely holiday in the summer.

I luuurrrvveee high heels, its my calling card grin, loving your shoe choices velv and Lubey!

waves to everyone else - happy friday x

MsCellophane Fri 12-Apr-13 15:20:33

Am envious of the shoes - due to weird feet, I have never been able to wear heels, can just about manage high wedges but being rotund they never look nice

Had a message from yesterdays date - lovely to meet you, do you like sex?
I replied - only if it's done right. Just had a text to say we are looking for other things... I'm looking for so much more than sex - too right! I'm looking for a man that understands the starting point to getting laid is friendship. Turn me on with conversation, intelligence and humour and I'll be there, make assumptions and I so won't

What is wrong with these people??? Do they really think they will find people who will just drop their pants without any effort. How much clearer do we need to be, saying I'm looking for a nice FwB isn't working

Rant over smile

KinNora Fri 12-Apr-13 15:33:45

'Lovely to meet you, do you like sex ? ' - good grief, what's the matter with these people ? I'm not surprised you feel ranty MsC

Hello Poppy and Tigsy

OhWesternWind Fri 12-Apr-13 15:35:07

I have the weird feet thing as well, MsC, don't like people looking at them at all so I have very unobtrusive shoes, not statement ones! I wonder if I could manage high wedges? Might give that a go, but I would probably feel odd and tottery and too tall sad

What a crap text. I thought the same with the veggie guy - if he'd taken his time and not been so full-on and pushy then it's more than likely he would have got what he was after - he was attractive, nice to get on with etc but just didn't seem to understand that I didn't want to have sex with someone I had just met. Odd, that. Did yours talk about sex whilst you were actually in his company?

Babysitter booked for Thursday so I am on with Rick! Not sure whether or not to fit in another date next week as well, lost a bit of enthusiasm for the Match bloke. The Italian wants to meet for coffee which is actually quite problematic - being rural, there are not that many coffee places that stay open past 5.30 when I am back from work, can't meet him this weekend so it will be a long time . . . Might suggest a glass of wine instead then at least maybe we could get out one evening. Dunno.

This thread is not accepting new messages.