Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating Thread 50 .....

(1000 Posts)
TigsytheTiger Sun 07-Apr-13 12:28:52

celebrating half a century of dating chit chat, all welcome ...

Kin I've Pmd you. My main profile is on OKC

Rainy maybe wait a bit, it's all very new

Pom again what Lubey said

Snapespeare Sun 07-Apr-13 13:25:15

rainy yay! Lovely news! But proceed with caution! Don't get swept away!

ike no [vom] smile

TurnipCake Sun 07-Apr-13 13:33:50

Hello!

Thought I'd join in as I'm ready to start dating again (though dates are a little lacking at the moment).

I was due to meet up with someone last week, until he texted me to say he had a cash flow problem and could I pay for his train ticket. No I'm not a fecking bank was my reply. angry

Onwards and upwards smile

Bant Sun 07-Apr-13 13:43:21

He asked you to pay for his ticket to the date? That's a new one. Insisting on going Dutch is usually as tight as I've heard before.

So you're not planning on marrying that one then turnip?

ike1 Sun 07-Apr-13 13:46:55

Oh my god turnip...that along with the playground date....

Turnip Really? Hes a tryer isn't he?!

mercury7 Sun 07-Apr-13 13:52:12

sounds like a scam Turnip!

TurnipCake Sun 07-Apr-13 13:53:51

What can I say, he's the one that got away!

I'm in quite a rural area, but we're getting some more surfer types now that the weather is getting better, I think I need to start spending some more time at the beach

Turnip I got taken to a kids park for a date! He knew the way to a woman's heart is swings and slides!

I've just received a message of a 20 year old asking me if I'm on the site looking for a dad for my son. confused

TurnipCake Sun 07-Apr-13 14:03:44

A kids park?!

And hmm to that message.

Scrazy Sun 07-Apr-13 14:04:19

Turnip, sounds like a scam to me. He could make a bit of money this way and I doubt he would have turned up if you had been gullible. I would report him to the site.

akaWisey Sun 07-Apr-13 14:04:58

Hello Turnip.

Have just received "Ive only myself to blame" text from just-dumped chappie .

So has anyone else here worked out why, if they're like my experience so far in dating, they only seem to attract blokes who are suffering from emotional diarrhoea and can't just let things progress slowly? Or the kind who have patently ignored my online dating profile?

And why on the site I joined (where I met the last cheeky fucker cocklodger) the options are looking for:

1. Fun = sex no strings

2. Friendship = sex no strings

3. Long term relationship = not what I want now

4. Marriage = not what I want at all EVER AGAIN

Please do tell!!!!

akaWisey Sun 07-Apr-13 14:08:02

Oh and why, having removed my profile which says absolutely nothing about me at all but still has my photo - I'm getting guys who want to meet up without knowing ANYTHING about my preferences?!!

I could be (but I'm not) a bunny boiler!!!!

Yes a children's park! It was dark too. Creepy thing it was.

Aka I met someone from the site and we were seeing each other for 6 week then he randomly text me one morning after spending a weekend away together that its not what he wants and we went too fast. It was him sending the flowers, buying gifts, booking trips away and taking me out yet he said it was too fast. He was a gorgeous man though. One you could just sot and look at all day. That's all I miss tbh grin

Snapespeare Sun 07-Apr-13 14:10:15

SP I hope you answered 'yes & I'm prepared to put up with any old shit as long as my son has a male role model in his life' hmm cheeky sod.

turnip he asked for his train fare! rrrrr at surfers though. smile

Never replied but I might reply now with that. Might say yes but I'm looking for a man not a boy. grin

akaWisey Sun 07-Apr-13 14:13:11

SP the cocklodger was like that until he got his arse well and truly stuck to my sofa like a stuffed dummy. Flowers? Forget it. Meals out? Nah, he 'couldn't find work'. Nights out with the girls? Nah, they were all a bunch of fembo women with too high an opinion of themselves.

Shit. Anyway that's why my standards are way, way higher now. WAY higher.

akaWisey all the sites have their 'quirks' hmm. There is no reason except that those men are thinking with their dicks. I for example, attract more than my fair share of men who want to be dominated. I can only put this down to the absence on my profile of fluffy bunnies and a box I ticked which said I preferred dogs (canine).

akaWisey Sun 07-Apr-13 14:16:01

Pay for his train fare?

Be a 'dad' to your son *SP?

Breathtakingly cheeky fuckers.

VelvetSpoon Sun 07-Apr-13 14:18:01

Wisey I really do think (as I said on another thread yesterday) most men are looking for either someone to show pictures of their pathetic genitalia to, or just casual sex, not even in a FWB sense. Men who are actually looking for relationships do allegedly exist, but they are few and far between! Or at least that's my experience in 4 (almost entirely unsuccessful) years of OD...

And these men wonder why they are single? grin

I tend to get creeps. Smoke fetish guy keeps messaging me, you would think 3 ignored messages would be a big hint that I'm not interested in sending him pictures of myself smoking

KinNora Sun 07-Apr-13 14:21:32

Hello Turnip - lawks a Lordy, these sites are full of appalling arses, just when you think you've lost the ability to be surprised...

( I may be some time, I've just found the tests on okc, woooooooh, I like a good test )

Kin What test?

akaWisey Sun 07-Apr-13 14:24:02

Test?

I love a test. Where is it?

KinNora Sun 07-Apr-13 14:29:49

Well, so far I've done the long personality test ( it's a Briggs Myers thing ) and an English skills test and a Nerd/Geek/dork test, they're on okc, under 'tests' - , right at the very bottom of the page.

This thread is not accepting new messages.