Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Hmmm. I don't like this fancying someone business.

(74 Posts)
DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 03-Apr-13 14:58:54

Broke up with my DD's dad 3 years ago and hadn't fancied anyone since then. Plus 3 + years of our relationship plus when I had started like him few month before = 7 years out of the game. Now I like someone and it's getting stressful already.

I feel like an idiot. Was terribly disappointed earlier on that he's not coming to this evening's drinks hmm. Then I feel crap because he doesn't probably fancy me in spite me fancying him only for a week or 10 days after knowing him for 2 years. And he just broke up with a girlfriend he didn't get along with for a while. How do I keep my cool? I'm 30! shock

Dahlen Thu 11-Apr-13 00:06:56

I'd just go with the flow. Remember that if it's just hormones, they'll fade after about 6 months, so go for it but don't commit to anything and you can have a lot of fun but still extricate yourself if it proves to be purely physical ultimately.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Thu 11-Apr-13 21:14:21

I know starting, mine is a colleague of sorts too. Let us know when you rip his clothes off have a coffee with him outside work.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 16-Jul-13 12:03:29

UPDATE

we are going for drinks this week! hmm At how ling it took!

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 16-Jul-13 13:06:58

I can see no one cares about my flash like way of flirting!

NervousFisher Tue 16-Jul-13 13:49:08

Ah, that's very exciting. Congrats. Now, for outfit planning... Oh, this dating lark isn't easy at all.
grin

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 16-Jul-13 15:30:21

The wirst thing is that I'm coming down with something I caught from DD! sad I feel I should be considerable and let him know in case he'd prefer to cancel. biscuit

HotDAMNlifeisgood Tue 16-Jul-13 15:37:20

How did the drinks plan come about? Did he do the asking?

MadeMan Tue 16-Jul-13 15:41:17

I'm not going to give any advice because I hate it when I really fancy a woman. Just like every cliché in every love song I can't function normally at all, she's on my mind all the time. I just end up over-analysing everything she says and does, until I figure out a good time to ask for a date or a phone number, but to be honest there never is an ideal time to make a move on someone; it always feels bloody awkward.

It's annoying because I can flirt and chat up women I don't fancy fairly easily, but if I suddenly get a crush on someone then all my superpowers are completely taken away; including my ability to fly.

I think we should all chat up and ask out the people we don't fancy, then we won't care if they say "no" and if they say "yes" then we might end up fancying them after a while anyway.

LineRunner Tue 16-Jul-13 15:54:45

Yes, come on, Drink, we need details.

I've just read all this thread and it really resonates with me. I'm in the midst of it currently and seem to have lost the ability to think normally. It's brain chemicals, right?

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 16-Jul-13 16:00:21

grin @ Pearls of wisdom from the male perspective corner! I sure bloody hope he felt stupid starting to fancy me as I did when I started to fancy him!

Re drinks plan, it was when I reminded him I owed him a small prize for a work related comp. i asked whether he'd like some beers or an hour if my time! He said he'd always live an hour of my time and that in that case he'd be more than happy to buy me a drink. Then some heavy flirting ensued, till I reminded him i'm NOW a lady that we haven't had that drink yet, nevermind me staying
Over!shock cue profuse apologies and now we're exchanging vefy friendly but very appropriate email. I'm blush that it makes me sad!

PhallicGiraffe Tue 16-Jul-13 16:00:31

Just ask him out. Then you can move on depending on what he says!

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 16-Jul-13 16:01:22

Btw the hour of me time was work related! I'm a consultant of sorts!

HotDAMNlifeisgood Tue 16-Jul-13 16:15:15

the flirting included hints about you staying over?! My my.

I like your flirty opener about whether he would like beers or an hour of your time. His response showed definite interest too. Well done.

I just hope that the 3 months of faffing to get to this stage don't indicate a Mr Unavailable. A woman so witty and awesome as you come across really deserves a man to ask her out in less time than that!

Woodenpeg Tue 16-Jul-13 16:18:36

EXCITE!!!

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 16-Jul-13 16:47:44

Thank you HotDAMN! grin Well, I don't know if he'a been interested for as long as I have. I'm hoping to find out when I see him. I think he had stuff going in re health and work and it got sorted recently. But that's only my impression.

Oh gosh, do I kiss him or not? I'd like him to come back for more!

MadeMan Tue 16-Jul-13 17:25:46

Again, no advice as such, although I hope it all works out for you Drink and anyone else here in a similar position.

I do think though that everyone, men and women alike (despite how we behave), will feel and act like how we've been discussing in this thread when they have a serious crush.

Nobody wants to make a move first, because it would be a bit like showing everyone your cards in a game of poker and then pretending you haven't got the hand that they've all just seen. Once our crush knows we like them, we can't then pretend that we don't. They hold all the power against us and we are at their mercy emotionally; or at least that's what we fear.

Dahlen Tue 16-Jul-13 18:23:54

Good luck Drink - hope it goes brilliantly. smile

MadeMan - your first post made me chuckle. That's so true about losing the ability to think rationally/behave normally when you're interested.

It's easy to forget that men find the whole thing anxiety inducing as well, especially since custom still tends to dictate that they make the first move.

LineRunner Tue 16-Jul-13 20:18:07

MadeMan So good to read this from a man's perspective!

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 16-Jul-13 21:00:21

Hope he doesn't piss me off! As Chris Rock says: A woman knows within 5 minutes if she's going to fuck a man. Just as long he doesn't say anything stupid... hmm

Chirps Tue 16-Jul-13 21:40:27

Love this thread, just read through it all! I became infatuated on Saturday for the 1st time in years! Just starting to recover tonight as I'm not getting flirty texts, well tonight I'm not getting any texts. At least I know that part of me still exists however annoying it is when it happens!!!

Wigglywoo1 Tue 16-Jul-13 22:47:00

Better air out those cobwebs on your dried up cooch!

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 16-Jul-13 22:58:04

Oh gosh, that's another thing. I know even 7 years ago and before that, the fashion was to take it all off. And I preferred it that way. Now I don't fancy that short of general tidy up. Don't want to do something I, well, din't want to do but I'd like to warm his ears up at some point and in order to do that not scare him off beforehand.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 17-Jul-13 09:25:17

What is EXCITE!!! Woodepeg?

DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 17-Jul-13 17:29:43

I can see I scared people away with my very personal concern! And I was hoping for some male perspective too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now