Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Fancy a date

(45 Posts)
boyfromipinema Wed 03-Apr-13 09:22:38

......Bald and pasty and old and ugly...the old boy from Ipinema goes waddling...and when he passes, each girl he passes goes 'Christ look at the state of that'........

Reading through some of the posts on this forum about dating disasters I've been inspired to put my head above the parapet and see if any single women reading this fancy a date? I'm in the London area, late forties and still have my own teeth.
Ladies please form an orderly queue.

Sallyingforth Wed 03-Apr-13 13:15:46

That's very sad boy, but I'm sure your plight has touched the hearts of everyone here. I'll ask my mum if I can PM you my contact details.

Men don't wear thongs

yeah they do smile

boyfromipinema Wed 03-Apr-13 13:31:26

Please do Sally. Tell your mum to forward me hers as well.

Lueji Wed 03-Apr-13 13:39:53

That was not a man, Akiss.

Lueji Wed 03-Apr-13 13:41:29

Oh, wait.
Was that you, boyfromipinema?

Sallyingforth Wed 03-Apr-13 14:16:49

OK boy. I'm queuing for my pension at the moment but I'll look in on her on the way home if the nurses will let me in.

boyfromipinema Wed 03-Apr-13 15:21:02

Actually, all joking aside. I am a single bloke looking for date and I'm relatively normal. I'm not on any dating websites at moment. Just thought I'd try my luck here as I had got some good advice a few months ago about something and had noticed that there seemed to be a few single women using it. I'm a dad of grown up kids, have a job, live in London, do really have my own hair and teeth, like to keep reasonably fit and love curling up on the sofa with a bottle of wine and a good DVD. ;-)

Boy do I already know you?

boyfromipinema Thu 04-Apr-13 09:07:52

I dunno...maybe. I'm 6ft 2inch blonde with blue eyes, drive a Porsche, job in the city, town house in Chelsea and country home in the Cotswolds. Ring any bells?

Coffee1Sugar Thu 04-Apr-13 10:14:47

Dad! Get off this site!

LifeMovesOn Thu 04-Apr-13 23:25:55

Blonde?! Oh drat, I'm still looking for tall, DARK and handsome! Good luck with your quest grin

akaWisey Fri 05-Apr-13 16:35:54

Dammit boy when you were -

Bald
overweight
tatted-up
lazy
scruffy
broke

you had me drooooooolinggggggg

Ah well. Back to POF…….

boyfromipinema Fri 05-Apr-13 16:59:53

Leave those online dating weirdos alone.
Come out with a weirdo who uses a mums website to try and pick up women instead.

onefewernow Fri 05-Apr-13 17:10:39

Hmm...I'm considering it if I can get my H back to his old sneaky online dating habit

onefewernow Fri 05-Apr-13 17:11:03

And if you can garden?

boyfromipinema Fri 05-Apr-13 17:15:02

I've got a lovely garden. Some great garden features, all subtly positioned for maximum effect.
There's the discarded fridge by the back door, and the roll of carpet over by the fence, and I'm even considering getting a burnt out car installed for the summer.

EternalRose Fri 05-Apr-13 17:19:19

Oh damn, and there is me hoping you really were the trampoline instructor at an all girls school....

akaWisey Fri 05-Apr-13 17:22:58

Stop it NOW boy

I've got an old pram needs a place to rust away in. Shall I bring it round after I've unloaded the shopping from it?

boyfromipinema Fri 05-Apr-13 17:43:21

My cousin's ready to drop so the pram would come in handy.
At least that way she can't say I haven't contributed to my kid's upbringing eh?

TerrysNo2 Fri 05-Apr-13 21:41:27

My biggest concern (aside from being happily married) is that you've spelt Ipanema wrong.

I hope another, unmarried mumsnetter with a relaxed attitude to spelling gets in touch grin

good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now