Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

OH being a twat

(31 Posts)
SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Sun 31-Mar-13 21:44:09

Have a feeling this will be rather long - but don't want to leave anything out

Me and OH have been together nearly 2years, both still living with parents. About 2 months ago I found texts on his phone from a woman he works with - texts weren't innocent. He deleted her number, changed shifts etc to get away from her yet she carried on.

Since I found out I've been 'diagnosed' with depression - OH refuses to accept it and says I'm not due to having good days and bad days.

Me and OH mum have never got on and since the texts were discovered its been a lot worse, she's even told him to leave me and get with this other woman. I reacted badly and called her stuff I shouldn't have. Since that she's basically stopped my OH seeing me/staying at mine - loads of strain on relationship as he won't tell her to fuck off or even do it politely.

To be honest I don't know what to do anymore.. Advice please

OxfordBags Sun 31-Mar-13 22:20:46

I predict that your depression will lift dramatically once you rid your life of these chaotic, twisted, toxic, pathetic people (your boyfriend and his mother). They are not worth getting mixed up with any further. They will only behave worse and worse towards you, not better. You are so young and have so much life ahead of you. Anyone would be seriously depressed dealing with these awful, damaged people.

SweetSeraphim Sun 31-Mar-13 22:23:51

Oooh, it's all a bit Jeremy Kyle isn't it? I'd get rid of the lot of them tbh.

Bogeyface Sun 31-Mar-13 22:27:01

I am guessing that the fiancee doesnt argue with MIL and you do. And of course, by having her arrested you have proved that you will not take her crap so the only thing she can do now is get rid of you.

Tell her that she is welcome to Oedipus!

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sun 31-Mar-13 22:28:30

walk away.

It is just not worth it.

SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Sun 31-Mar-13 22:31:03

The sun shines out of the fiancées backside and shell sit there and take the shit and i won't

I see nothing wrong with getting her arrested and charged with assault - she physically assaulted me simple

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 31-Mar-13 22:31:22

Good God no man is worth all that hassle.

You are young, go and find someone sensible to have a relationship with.

I rather suspect that your depression will improve dramatically once you are no longer involved with this car crash of a family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now