Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Holiday disagreement

(55 Posts)
Stellarella123 Sat 30-Mar-13 22:33:50

We are heading off on a family holiday with our 2 kids in a few months, it's my dh sisters wedding abroad, there's alot of family friends going but were the only ones who have kids, they are all talking about how it's gonna be great partying etc, my dh just agrees but I keep saying it won't be for us as we have 2 kids under 5 to look after, me and dh agreed before booking hol that it would be a family hol and we'd attend wedding whilst there, but all the rest of the family think wel be taking nights each to party with one of us watching kids at a time, I feel ill at the thought of having to sit in a hotel room on my own with kids whilst my dh is out, when I speak to him we end up arguing, I think he wants to party and doesn't like me saying otherwise, I really don't want this kind of holiday and don't know what to do about it, it's me that's done all the saving up and I'm really not looking forward to it, he is a good guy who works provides, supports but is also a crabbit shit! , we have been having some problems lately and I feel like iv had enough, feel like cancelling it! Help!!

SnookyPooky Mon 01-Apr-13 19:16:16

Sorry if you have already said but what age group are you all? I love a good night out but Napa square was too much for me, not my cup of tea at all. I felt old and I'm not and it was very expensive.

From Nissi it is about 2.5km to the heart of the nightlife so it will be a taxi or bus. Of course there are lots of bars etc near your hotel.

Stellarella123 Mon 01-Apr-13 21:19:03

We're all between 25-40 , beryl I know you weren't meaning to offend, I wasn't offended I know how it seems but I am being positive now, thanks for advice I know it will help me smile

Stellarella123 Mon 01-Apr-13 21:24:29

Lavenderhoney no one is keen on babysitting sad iv mentioned a few times and no one has taken me on, also when they talk about crazy nights out etc I keep saying we won't really be able to do that, I have said to the bride we are having a family hol and we will attend the wedding in between but she still keeps saying things like " we'l just take the kids out in buggies" and I have said "I'm the one up at 6am haha!"
I'm certainly not as worried about it as I was a few days ago, thanks

SnookyPooky Wed 03-Apr-13 07:01:40

Stella I think that they will go into 'town' once and realise it is not for them and stay either local or in the hotel bar after that. Really I had my eyes opened in Napa square. It's great for the very young market but not for mature grown ups, especially those with kids. Try not to worry too much, your hotel may have a babysitting service if it is a 4 or 5 star and the Cypriots adore children.

Stellarella123 Wed 03-Apr-13 21:06:28

Thanks, I hope so, I wouldn't leave dc with babysitters I don't think I could,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now