Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The difference between men/woman explained...

(81 Posts)
SnoogyWoo Sat 30-Mar-13 15:51:17

As a man, I can tell you ladies that we are a simple folk. Have a look at this cartoon and I can tell you it explains a lot of our differences in a nutshell....

http://s17.postimg.org/6ejyst14f/2013_03_30_15_39_55.jpg

We love you for who you are, warts and all. Whatever you think we are thinking, we really are not smile

Chubfuddler Sun 31-Mar-13 21:12:02

Most of the time I don't know which posters are men, nor go I care.

A patronising "listen carefully while I explain stuff to you" type post to a predominantly female audience is going to get backs up.

I don't think that cartoon accurately represents anything, but the cartoon itself isn't important.

Lovingfreedom Sun 31-Mar-13 21:16:38

Surely if you put up a joke then you open yourself up to retorts. It's banter. Anyone taking offence needs to grow a thicker skin or get some funnier jokes

Theshriekingharpy Sun 31-Mar-13 23:03:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Verbalpunchbag Sun 31-Mar-13 23:06:37

Garlic, I'll take your word for it.

Yamyoid Sun 31-Mar-13 23:14:14

Aaaarrgghhhh. That's awful. biscuit my first one and it has ears. God, that's a crap cartoon. No. No. No.

Fairenuff Mon 01-Apr-13 15:33:15

See, we have a male posting a patronising comment specifically to females, supposedly to reassure the females that males do find them sexually attractive even if (god forbid) she has body hair or cellulite or stretch marks or any other hideously deforming characteristic (including warts apparantly).

How ironic is that. It's such a sexist post that it's hard to believe it's genuine and the op has not come back to clarify so it leads me to the conclusion that the op is trying to wind up the women who read his post.

Take the post without the cartoon

"As a man, I can tell you ladies that we are a simple folk. We love you for who you are, warts and all. Whatever you think we are thinking, we really are not"

and it's glaringly obvious.

The cartoon is interesting because a certain percentage of the population (male or female) will identify with it and to them it represents some of their own feelings or opinions. They will then post accordingly in support of the cartoon, forgetting how patronising the whole post is.

So the op is either quite clever in their manipulation of posters, or just a bit silly in thinking everyone thinks the same as them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now