Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

do I go back - not coping on my own

(56 Posts)
rotool Fri 29-Mar-13 21:52:44

I have left emotionaly abusive relationship.
I went to a refuge in January. ex-p started court proceedings to get me back in the area so the children would return to their school and succeeded.
I moved in with a friend with my children whilst looking for a property. I have found a property and have tenancy agreement etc...I have no money as I lost my job when I left to go to the refuge. I have been turned down for a community grant. I get tax credits and have signed on at the job centre but get no money from ex-p and until financial hearing cannot get anything from the house. The new house is unfurnished and I can't move into it as have no beds,sofa etc.
Children have been spending the first part of the holidays with the dad and are coming back to me on Sunday expecting to be in the new house.
I can't stop crying, everything has gotten so hard.
When I went to the refuge I was told I would get so much help but there really is nothing out there.
I have swapped one crap life for another.
He wants me to go back, I don't know what to so, I don't feel as though I have much choice then to go back but I have spent 14 months trying to get away.

GettingBig Sat 30-Mar-13 15:47:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AddictedtoCrunchies Sat 30-Mar-13 15:51:25

rotool I am in swindon. Tell me what you need.

I have bedding and towels that I can immediately produce and will help you find the rest.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 30-Mar-13 16:39:31

Hello

As some of you will know, we like to say on these threads that we do advise all our members to be aware that not everyone on t'internet is who they say they are, and that, although we're awed daily by the astonishing support our members give each other through life's trickier twists and turns, we'd always caution anyone never to give more of themselves to another poster, emotionally or financially, than they can afford to spare.

Hope things start to look up for you soon, rotool.

foolonthehill Sat 30-Mar-13 16:45:36

BESOM: look for one in your area...they will give a starter pack for a kitchen, curtains, some furniture and some actual real life people will help move stuff, gardening/ decorating etc. according to need.

www.besom.com

there is one in Basingstoke, Guildford and Oxford

foolonthehill Sat 30-Mar-13 16:46:36

Stay strong...i think we "met before"....you will come out the other side of this.

scoobydooagain Sat 30-Mar-13 21:23:52

Can you ask school or any other agency you have contact with to apply to Buttle Trust for you for furnishings. Bethany also can help. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now