Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The OW contacting me

(54 Posts)
ProphetOfDoom Mon 25-Mar-13 21:49:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ProphetOfDoom Sat 06-Apr-13 19:07:22

ProphetOfDoom Sat 06-Apr-13 18:50:33

ProphetOfDoom Sat 06-Apr-13 18:48:02

Ahhhcrap Sat 06-Apr-13 17:32:50

Ash, sometimes, if you are not getting answers from the dh then it's easy, in your grief, to turn to the ow for answers. When my dh had an affair he didn't give me the details I needed and on occasions i felt I needed to talk to the ow (I didn't) but I have a certain amount of sympathy in the gf in your story.

Having the ow requesting friends in FB is just odd tho

ashamedgay Sat 06-Apr-13 16:36:13

i had friend requests from the gf of the guy i had an affair with, facebook, msn, skype found it very bizarre and strange, bit bunny boiler stalker she turned out to be

WafflyVersatile Sat 06-Apr-13 15:37:50

Do you have a very public profile. Ive never heard of followers for normal profiles.

Mosman Sat 06-Apr-13 10:32:58

I don't know if you shouldn't know or ask about this stuff, every time I look at exH's pathetic little face in tears I remember the text he sent her telling her loved her.
That keeps the anger real and my resolve when the twat in me could hug him at times.

middleeasternpromise Sat 06-Apr-13 09:26:52

When my marriage was breaking down due to OH's affair, one of his heart to hearts with me involved him telling me we shouldnt have got married because he loved me like a friend! (nice) being his 'friend' he wanted to share with me what a lovely relationship he had with OW so told me about the conversations he had with her about me. People say you shouldnt ask this stuff and they are right its a killer but it gave me a great insight into how cheaters work, deceiving themselves first and then seeking to deceive everybody else. You would have thought she was trying to help him with his marriage to me with why dont you have a baby with your wife maybe that will help your relationship get stronger - strange conversation to have with someone you are shagging.

Had they stayed together there is no doubt in my mind she would have been trying to tell me there was no reason we couldnt be friends and no doubt sending me ruddy FB friend requests. These people are bonkers.

As for my now exH I have to walk a very boundaried line of polite but remote. Once in my orbit he seems to forget the last 7 years, wanders round the house like hes 'home' and thinks he can engage with me like the wife/friend he had years ago, its bizarre and somewhat unnerving. So take heart you are not alone in the weirdness, just know what you want and what you are doing and you wont go far wrong.

ProphetOfDoom Sat 06-Apr-13 09:01:30

ProphetOfDoom Sat 06-Apr-13 08:51:14

skyebluesapphire Sat 06-Apr-13 01:27:47

how bizarre?! I wonder what is going on with them. maybe her iphone sent you a friend request all on its own grin

It is sad that he is still lying to you and thins that he can win you over at the same time

ProphetOfDoom Fri 05-Apr-13 20:35:20

mutantninjamyrtle Fri 05-Apr-13 18:11:14

Ah, so she's snooping on you, just as he's trying to worm his way back in with you... suddenly it all becomes clear. Time to sit back with a brew and watch their magical romance turn to shite, I think.

ProphetOfDoom Fri 05-Apr-13 17:41:33

If we saw that in a movie we would say that nothing like that happens irl. But it clearly does then!

ProphetOfDoom Fri 05-Apr-13 17:13:22

Tryharder Wed 27-Mar-13 22:45:25

I would be FB friends with someone who potentially would be looking after my DCs and I would do my best to have a cordial relationship with that person.

You don't have to accept the FB friend request if that's not your bag but if she's trying to extend the olive branch, then I would consider accepting. Water under the bridge and all that.

ilikecooking Wed 27-Mar-13 22:21:54

Sounds like she's wanting approval from you that what she did was acceptable. Your accepting her request would give her the 'ok' and she would think you've accepted her past actions.

EggyFucker Tue 26-Mar-13 20:48:51

HahahahaFuckingHa

What a stupid twat !

ProphetOfDoom Tue 26-Mar-13 20:37:07

onefewernow Tue 26-Mar-13 17:16:29

Repainted!! Lordy, bloody iPhones.

onefewernow Tue 26-Mar-13 17:15:39

She, not age

onefewernow Tue 26-Mar-13 17:15:08

I know someone else whose EXH actually did move in the OW, after age fled for a week following his violence upon discovery of the affair.

She actually reprinted the bed and bathrooms before they were ejected.

Totally delusional and also indicating a desire to just take over someone else's (imagined) rosy life.

I agree ignore; she sounds like trouble, in any case.

EggyFucker Tue 26-Mar-13 17:06:45

Oh dear, that was a very expensive shag he had with this wonderful specimen of womanhood, wasn't it ?

I hope his kids inherit what he won't

What a shame

Ahhhcrap Tue 26-Mar-13 16:21:17

Don't beat yourself up about feeling wobbly following this incident, it's only natural.

I had a bit if a wobble 4 yrs after I split from my exH when I found out he was re marrying shock There's no way I'd ever go back but it still made me feel a bit odd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now