Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The OW contacting me

(54 Posts)
ProphetOfDoom Mon 25-Mar-13 21:49:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ZenNudist Mon 25-Mar-13 21:52:04

Maybe she has finally worked out what a dick your stbxh is & wants commiserations? grin

Ignore her, or ask her wtf she is on?

maddy68 Mon 25-Mar-13 21:52:20

maybe she thinks you can all be civil now - just block her youdont want to see pics of their happy family etc!

BeingAWifeIsNotForMe Mon 25-Mar-13 21:54:27

A long shot but was he abusive, maybe she is in a situation that sh thinks you can help with.

Or she is a complete fuckwit grin

Sorry old wounds are being opend up. flowers

ProphetOfDoom Mon 25-Mar-13 21:55:17

CremeEggThief Mon 25-Mar-13 22:00:35

Just ignore and block her. Cheeky bitch! angry

Tintingal Mon 25-Mar-13 22:02:12

Just block her, remove her request and move on. Resist all temptation to be in contact. You will gain nothing from this at all. She is clearly seeking confirmation that you're "cool" with things, or is bonkers. Either way, no response is the way to go. You owe her nothing. I can understand why you're upset, she should respect you enough to leave you alone.

chezchaos Mon 25-Mar-13 22:04:40

Could she have been looking at your profile and accidentally hit 'add friend' without noticing? I did that yesterday and spotted it at the last minute

Phineyj Mon 25-Mar-13 22:05:55

You may be overthinking -- FB is a bit prone to send friend requests to all contacts so if she has your email she may not have even intended this. In which case she may be as horrified as you. Just ignore.

Lucyellensmum95 Mon 25-Mar-13 22:08:11

Ignore and block

Lucyellensmum95 Mon 25-Mar-13 22:08:28

oh and make sure your profile isn't public so she can't stalk you

DiscoDonkey Mon 25-Mar-13 22:08:39

I have to admit I have accidentally sent a friends request. Facebook always seems to throw up suggestions and it's possible this was done in error.

Either way block and ignore.

jynier Mon 25-Mar-13 22:35:47

I would have SUCH a glorious field day if OW contacted me!!!!!!

Just me; I'm hurt, devastated and extremely bitter!!!

ProphetOfDoom Mon 25-Mar-13 22:37:06

ProphetOfDoom Mon 25-Mar-13 22:38:17

JaceyBee Mon 25-Mar-13 22:46:58

I am fb friends with the OW, she lives with my ex now and they have my dcs EOW. Sometimes I hang out with them and we all have dinner together. It's no biggy, we're all adults, we all want what's best for the dcs and it was 2 years ago so all water under the bridge now.

Don't do it if its going to hurt you but I do think its better for dcs if everyone can be amicable and just get along. If she's extending the hand of friendship it might be nice to accept? Up to you though ultimately of course. However if she's involved in caring for your dcs, if I was you I'd want to know as much about her as I could.

ProphetOfDoom Mon 25-Mar-13 23:17:07

Mumcentreplus Mon 25-Mar-13 23:36:08

Tell her to fuck off * wish I had the flowery one *

jynier Mon 25-Mar-13 23:43:01

Hi, Schmaltz! - So sorry for your troubles! I'm probably not the best person to advise as my X tried to do me for harrassment!

ProphetOfDoom Tue 26-Mar-13 00:09:38

ProphetOfDoom Tue 26-Mar-13 10:11:27

EggyFucker Tue 26-Mar-13 10:20:15

Block her.

Perhaps things are not so rosy over there for her, on the Dark Side. smile

Not your business, not your problem.

ProphetOfDoom Tue 26-Mar-13 10:48:22

EggyFucker Tue 26-Mar-13 11:24:15

Don't say that with a lisp ! grin

EldritchCleavage Tue 26-Mar-13 11:33:14

Blimey! Not surprised you are taken aback and upset. Some people really need 'How To Be A Proper Grown-up' evening classes, don't they?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now