Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

dh has just told me he is not happy and not sure if he wants to leave

(27 Posts)
2anddone Mon 25-Mar-13 13:16:12

Hi dh and I have been married 7 years and have had our ups and downs. I have caught him out cheating twice and even though I have taken him back I have kept up my barriers in case it happens again.
recently we have been getting on ok we never argue, though rarely talk about anything other than the dc. Today dh told me he doesn't know if he is happy anymore and if he wants to stay. As he feels I have my own life with the children and he wouldn't be missed if he wasn't here. I honestly don't know what to do, he has now gone to work but has taken his wedding ring off. I do love him but we have been together 20 years so surely we maybe won't have as much in common as we used to? I am really scared we are going to fuck our dc up if we separate. Please give me some advice

Xales Mon 25-Mar-13 20:59:29

What everyone else says. He has cheated twice before. He's not happy and not sure if he wants to leave so one of the first things he does is whip his wedding ring off?

Sorry but he has left your marriage. He may want to stay in the house and have his domestic servant that's you look after him and his lovely children around until he has his new place to live set up but as soon as it is he is going to be gone before you blink. He has to wait for the next domestic servant and more interesting new sex partner to be ready for that as well though.

Please get yourself to an STI clinic. You know he has cheated twice, you know he can easily be doing it again.

goodenuffmum Mon 25-Mar-13 23:27:09

2anddone
My h told me that he wasnt happy in October. He left 1 month ago (I finally had enough and got the courage to ask him to leave).

You will see that he has checked out in his head and will get colder and colder towards you. That hurts more than you can imagine.

When he took his ring off I felt a physical pain in my heart.

We had been like you and not argued for the last 2years. I thought it was because we were secure and settled.looking back I can see it was because I had given up.

I too thought that the dc hadnt noticed anything. The 13 yr old ds told me that he didnt think that his df "was really nice" to me and ds (9)asked me "if d had been a good husband would he still be with us?" sad

Back in October I thought I was going to die without my dh.

5 months later...I'm still alive smile

My problem was that I didnt have a bottom line. I found it a month ago and now I am working on some self esteem too!

Good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now