Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The Brave Babes Battle Bus - Wondering Where The Spring For Their Boing Is!

(1000 Posts)
Mouseface Sun 24-Mar-13 12:23:14

Hi I'm Mouse

One of the Brave Babes on the Bus, a Bus full of different posters, some who drink more than they'd like to and are trying to stop, some who don't drink at all now, and some who are somewhere in the middle. smile

There's no judging here, no finger pointing, no rejection, just pure, unconditional, (occasionally tough), love and empathy.

We all share stories of how we got here, to have our seat on the Bus, looking for our own personal sobriety, our own personal happiness. Sometimes we talk about other things too, you know, like cake, cheese wink and even day to day life, life that can lead us to breaking point......... lead us to hit rock bottom.

So, why not come say hi, take a seat, post, lurk, whatever suits you smile

This is our latest journey with a link to others

And this is the reason we're ALL here, the first ever thread

Hope to see you soon smile

Mouseface Wed 01-May-13 15:32:44

Afternoon, tis me, Mouse

Well, I'm v emotional today so Jeff only knows what I'm going to be like tomorrow when Nemo is actually four! blush Soft old tart.

Orchid - I found that when I did Zumba (or any activity that was later in the day) made me not want to drink. You can do anything, just do something other than drink.

I do try and get to the gym sometimes at night now (when the pain and the boy let me) and have to say that all I want to drink is water once I'm home, get into bed and sleep or veg out on the sofa. grin

A 'distraction' will do you the world of good too, focus on you, focus on the Zumba, you need to start to rebuild YOU and you can only do that bit by bit, day by day.... with our support and love, and those in your RL, you will heal.

There's no instruction manual on relationships breaking down, affairs, people leaving or abuse..... you have to go with it, ride the horrific nights alone, crying yourself to sleep or lying awake wondering what your ex is doing right now. It's so torturous. It's just not on is it? Life like that.

And the pain is deeply cruel, twisting you into a person you never thought you'd be. You want to be yourself again. You need to write down what it is that YOU want every single day, every morning. Start each day a fresh, a new you, a new goal. Just one goal per day and gradually, slowly, get to where you want to be.

Purps - day 3 is better than day 1 so bloody well done you, and you Baby, maybe you can be day buddies? smile

Mouseface Wed 01-May-13 15:35:36

Also - I need a hand actually, some advice please. I'm struggling with something..........

I keep falling asleep, and it happens after I eat lunch and dinner. Not breakfast. We're talking every day for the last three weeks, and on and off in the past, now that I think about it....... it's been going on for over a year, on and off. More off until now.

I drink lots of water in a day, as I'm always thirsty, always seem to be topping my pint glass up, I wee a lot though (and at night) so don't store it IYSWIM? I crave sweet things after my lunch (which is usually a granary bread sandwich or salad with fruit/or baked crisps/bites type things) so will have something sweet (I know, I know, chocolate is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad thing) but it's like I need a quick fix of sugary foods. Biscuits or a jaffa cake etc....

Then I fall asleep, my head just hits the pc or I actually nod off. I fall asleep and DH will come in and get cross. The same happens at night, I rush my dinner down, put Nemo to bed as soon as I've finished, and then fall asleep in bed with him when I take him up, then DH comes up to get me and gets cross again. blush

Then I'll fall asleep downstairs, until he gets cross again. I get worse if I eat sugary foods or a heavy meal. I try to stay active, it's when I stop that I start to nod off. I know I'm taking heavy meds but this is different as I've been on the meds longer than I've been nodding off.

Dh says I need to go to the GP but I can't see my GP until 17th May! I don't really want to have to go over my medical past with another new doc IYSWIM....

And, it's taken me nearly an hour to post this because I kept nodding off!

Any ideas? Or suggestions? Thank you, sorry it's not alcohol related or supportive.

Lemonylemon Wed 01-May-13 15:47:03

Anaemia? Hypoglycemia? That's all I can think of, well, apart from reaction to the immense stress you've been under x

Lemonylemon Wed 01-May-13 15:49:22

Have vented to my sister a little about what my Mum said and her reply was "Wow, she's angry, isn't she?" Nuff said.

Mouseface Wed 01-May-13 16:25:17

Thanks Lemony -

Here's a list of other things DD has just said she's noticed about me.....

1) - I seem to always be 'popping for a wee', and getting up in the night for the first time since being pg with Nemo.

2) - Always have a drink (not booze) on the go and I'm always thirsty.

3) - When I do 'nod off' I'm hard to wake up.

4) - My eyes and mouth are dry and I have to take my lenses out earlier than before.

5) - I've been having headaches in the last few weeks.

6) - I seem to be hungry all the time.

I have just nodded off again to wake to Nemo saying Mamam..... I'm going to get the washing in and then do the new thread. xx

Orchidlady Wed 01-May-13 16:38:32

Hi mouse thanks for your thoughts. Re you symptoms, have you ever been tested for diabetes, I was diagnosed last years ans displayed mant of the things you mentioned

Orchidlady Wed 01-May-13 16:41:01

Oh sorry for all the typos. blush

Mouseface Wed 01-May-13 17:02:07

grin I'm the Typo Queen Orchid so don't worry about that!! grin

My mum has type 2 Diabetes but I've not been tested, no. I daren't Google it for fear of what I'll diagnose myself with!!!

It seems to last a couple of hours and then goes, usually because DH is moaning at me by then!

Anyway, I can get test done at some pharmacies I think? Or I'll see if one of the nurses are free at the GPs, save waiting 3 weeks!

Right, best get the new thread sorted before I fall asleep!!!

Orchidlady Wed 01-May-13 17:21:47

My mum is also type 2, really runs in the family. If I don't eat the right kind of food then, I will get over hungry, and have crashes and desparate for something sweet and yep falling asleep at my desk Dare I ask if you have bouts of thrush. Had this terrible before being diagnosed. Best to know sooner rather than later because it can be managed with diet to a certain extent

Orchidlady Wed 01-May-13 17:24:14

oh and btw way, if your mum has diabetes, not doubt she will have a testing kit, why not use that? she will know what to do

Mouseface Wed 01-May-13 17:38:01

Good thinking, I'll get her to bring it on Sunday smile xx

Yes, I get mild thrush too, I also 'crash' if I don't eat in time. I go shaky and feel sick if I don't eat at times, almost the other way?

Thank you Orchid - you make lots of sense smile

[[ http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1745808-The-Brave-Babes-Battle-Bus-Whacking-The-Wine-Witch-Round-The-Chops-With-Barry-The-Squid HERE IS THE NEW THREAD]]

Go bag a seat as per but please stay over here until this thread is full so that we don't lose anyone please grin xxx

Mouseface Wed 01-May-13 17:38:47

Try that again - HERE blush

aliasjoey Wed 01-May-13 19:01:23

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv. But it sounds like diabetes to me. Or maybe you are just run-down. Definitely worth checking it out, but if you've had symptoms for a while and don't want to see anyone else I don't think it would do much harm to wait to see your regular doctor. Use the waiting time to keep a symptom diary? (As if you haven't already got enough to think about!)

Mouseface Wed 01-May-13 19:51:48

grin Thank you Joey - it does seem to be worse when I have sugary snacks after my lunch. So, if I finish my healthy salad, and baked low fat snacks, I feck it all up with 78 a jaffa cake or 2 grin

I'm going to keep a food diary, as you suggest and a sleep diary too.

I know that I've been stressed of late, had more on etc but I've never had any of this before, this is something new at this level of intensity if that makes sense.....

I've had the odd day when I've had lunch and been in school with Nemo and actually nodded off or really fought to stay awake.

Anywho, dinner time and then I'll be back. xx Here or on the other thread smile

dementedma Wed 01-May-13 20:36:46

Another vote for getting checked for diabetes mouse.
Seriously.
And give fish boy a huge huggle from his auntie demented

lonnika Wed 01-May-13 21:07:46

Ahh just posted on other thread - but can I have a seat please ?

aliasjoey Wed 01-May-13 21:32:29

Evening all

aliasjoey Wed 01-May-13 21:33:38

Sorry lonnika this is just what we do to fill up the old thread

aliasjoey Wed 01-May-13 21:34:38

There will be some sensible and helpful posters along soon

aliasjoey Wed 01-May-13 21:57:39

Or not

Fairenuff Wed 01-May-13 22:11:03

Hi lonnika welcome to the bus. You can post on the new thread once this one is full.

Fairenuff Wed 01-May-13 22:12:00

Which it will be very soon.

Fairenuff Wed 01-May-13 22:12:48

As I'm filling it up.

Fairenuff Wed 01-May-13 22:13:30

With my nonsense.

Fairenuff Wed 01-May-13 22:14:22

See you all on the new thread! smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.