Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

can't sleep won't sleep 3

(1000 Posts)
KittyAndTheFontanelles Sun 24-Mar-13 01:45:36

over hear night owls grin. Unless we are somewhere else grin

KittyAndTheFontanelles Fri 05-Apr-13 06:34:38

Morning all smile

<fanfare>

Introducing the all-New KittyAndTheFontanelles grin

<ta da!>

Littlekitty slept for 9 straight hours last night.

Phew confused

Yes cafe we are planning another and we must get a wriggle on as I'm hurtling towards 40 hmm

Anyone else?

I was also told not to push but don't you find it impossible not to? It's like telling someone nit to be sick, the autonomic nervous system takes over hmm

KittyAndTheFontanelles Fri 05-Apr-13 06:36:30

themidwife how is your husband?

I think it is touching that spider and your daughter both missed you so much grin

Midwife99 Fri 05-Apr-13 08:05:22

Mornin all!! Yes I had a busy night! I was typing a reply earlier but got told off for shaking the bed by typing! grin

Good girl littlekitty! Can you have a word with minimidwife?!!! She's normally really good actually but last night - ouch!

Why was she born in a carpark? Hmmm well - she was OP (back to back) with a high head & the midwife (not themidwife obviously) panicked & sent me in in an ambulance & of course she rotated & I pushed fuck off of course I can't stop even if you tell me to so they stopped the ambulance in a car park & out she came. She was born in the membranes & my DH was driving around looking for us. A bit of a drama really! No more now - 4 is enough!!

My DH is much better, more stable & determined to reconcile fully. smile

Midwife99 Fri 05-Apr-13 08:07:31

Actually Cafe it is common that those with pre-eclampsia do have super speedy labours. It's as if your body says shit, this is risky, get that placenta out quick! Obstetric cholestasis too eh? A full house! shock

Midwife99 Fri 05-Apr-13 08:08:33

Are you allergic to desks mini?!!' shock

Minimammoth Fri 05-Apr-13 08:11:23

Ouch Cafe. Yes I think I am allergic to desks, < grim accounting type day>
I often get reaction where there has been pressure. In this case around the ,ahem, Ischia.
I also have a puffed up eye. Why,why?
Today I am blaming cheddar cheese. Sprinkled into dinner yesterday. I have suspected it before. It's going on 'The List'
Today Am helping to clean a friends cottage, as he is coming home from convalescing after pneumonia. It is like Miss Havershams. So I will be taking face mask I think.

Midwife99 Fri 05-Apr-13 08:14:52

And non latex gloves. And Eco friendly products!!

Minimammoth Fri 05-Apr-13 08:23:07

Yes Midwife, good reminder. Thanks.

Minimammoth Fri 05-Apr-13 08:27:15

Fluffycat has been better over the last few days on her steroids, but I noticed she is really uncomfortable with her leg today so may have to administer painkiller. Cat on tramadol should be interesting. She has to go for another scan next week. I really don't want her to have anymore invasive proceedures, she gets so frightened.

Midwife99 Fri 05-Apr-13 08:32:39

Oh poor minicat!! sad

Midwife99 Fri 05-Apr-13 08:40:51

Mini before I used only natural organic shampoo & conditioner I was allergic to my own hair! It touched my face & I got a rash! So now all health & beauty products have to natural. Naughty Spider sets me off when he does that face rubbing thing or if I strike him & then touch my eye.
I'm also sensitive to artificial sweeteners & additives which give me a rash on my face. I reckon we've been overloaded with pollutants & chemicals for so long that every little thing can set us off even if we've been ok with them before.

Minimammoth Fri 05-Apr-13 09:25:50

Yes I agree Midwife, it does seem to be about saturation levels. I now picture my Immune system as an office with a rather mad over protective manager. I will go tell him to calm down play some chillax music , and meditate for awhile.
Off to Mrs Havershams now. Have a good day all.

Minimammoth Fri 05-Apr-13 09:26:43

Allergic to own hair eek. < try's to ignore hair line lump>

Midwife99 Fri 05-Apr-13 10:00:45

Stroke!!!! I don't strike Spider!! even when he tries to breastfeed grin

MrsShrek3 Fri 05-Apr-13 10:28:46

just caught up on last nights insanitygrin The fast birth with pre eclampsia explains why dd turned up in half an hour then shock
no more for me. hopefully DH shoots blanks after his chemo too wink You've never seen someone look so chuffed at the prospect of infertility grin cos he cba having the snip

hope you all have a good day. it's sunny and we are going to the beach (in our wellies, ski coats, thermals etc obv)

Midwife99 Fri 05-Apr-13 11:30:07

Morning Mrs!!

grin at MrMrs preferring chemo to the snip for contraceptive purposes! Have a lovely day!

BlueyDragon Fri 05-Apr-13 19:59:16

<snort> at preferring chemo to the snip. Forgive me, summerdad, but men are really wussy about it (DH also has his ways of avoiding getting round to it). My onco is trying to preserve my fertility, she clearly missed the bit of our conversation when DH and I fell about laughing when she asked if we wanted more children!).

Kitty, what a relief! Do you feel like a new person not like that, you lot? DS has clearly been speaking to minikitty, he was up listening to CDs in the middle of the night and refused to go back to sleep until I'd dosed him with Calpol.

Am slightly jealous of those who can do speedy births, although I'll pass on the complications thanks.

Aaaggghhh, supermarket delivery is here, DS is popping up and down every 2 minutes and supper's nearly cooked. Too much to process for my chemo brain.

SummerDad Fri 05-Apr-13 21:58:36

Hats off to you bluey, I really admire the way you keep up your humour and enjoy banter despite your chemo.

cafecito Fri 05-Apr-13 22:21:23

cafe does not like the sound of 'autonomic nervous system' 'OP' 'membranes' and so forth. all tooooooo medical grin though very interesting, themidwife, I did not know that about pre eclampsia!

amaaazig birth story! I heard some old wives tale about babies being born in their sacs as being magical *taps nose

mini, I think you are the most atopic person I have ever known of! I would be fascinated to see what your IgE levels are

bluey I think you are awesomeness its very self. I just randomly felt compelled to say that. you're amazing.

mrsshrek - how are you doing at the mo?

cafecito Fri 05-Apr-13 22:22:17

summerdad, you can leaveyour hat on wink

SummerDad Fri 05-Apr-13 22:27:06

cafe, how do you know I have got a hat on at the moment smile

cafecito Fri 05-Apr-13 22:27:37

does anyone owna MacBook pro?

opinions?

I am fed up with my broken laptop [grumpy] and am putting off some exceedingly important pieces of work as a result of not being able to see the screen properly! I can barely MN shock

I had a bit of a pants day, as someone said 'wow you've put on weight I can really see it on your face' and then 'yeah it's too much'

hmm [regrets living on chocolate for a couple of months]

also ex P refuses to be reasonable in the slightest <sigh> and ended up crying for hours by the river! most unlike me. now snapped out of it but probably need to be up all night to fit in enough work before a sunday course, as I have to work all day tomorrow for my friend. I shall be highly caffeinated.

cafecito Fri 05-Apr-13 22:29:04

<dadaadaa> saucy music.... summerdad twirls around and flings off his hat

SummerDad Fri 05-Apr-13 22:33:46

Cafe I don't own MacBook pro but some of my friends and colleagues do and they speak very high of it. It is a wonderful piece of technology like all the other apple stuff but a bit more pricey for what it should be worth, IMHO. I have used windows based laptops throughout and cant fault them but then I am a geek and do know how to make these things work to some extent grin.

What happened to your laptop, is the screen broken or something else wrong with it?

SummerDad Fri 05-Apr-13 22:36:39

Channel 4 never fails to surprise me blush

This thread is not accepting new messages.