Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

can't sleep won't sleep 3

(1000 Posts)
KittyAndTheFontanelles Sun 24-Mar-13 01:45:36

over hear night owls grin. Unless we are somewhere else grin

cafecito Sun 24-Mar-13 20:57:33

I love your thread title! well done my pretties grin <peers into locker>

yes kitty twas endearing, that - I got an email the other day from my library muddling the two words up hmm and misplacing all its apostrophes.. MY LIBRARY

ehem

yes I used to practice in medical law, so do know stuff - this is what I'm doing my masters in. I AM alicia. I am more alicia than arabella. But alicia, I doubt she could do any decent cardiothoracic surgery. drat.

brain wrecking day of competition law (yes, more law exams, not interesting medical ones) seminars, followed by some medicine - and a quest for pink lined paper (4 ryman stores - none!) I do this when I really start panicking about all the work I need to do, I decide to try and trac down new paper before I begin. It gets more obscure each time.

Someone at my law seminar today recoiled in horror at the concept I had not started the subject yet (and exams start of may) and said 'you had better be good at all nighters' grin and also 'at least if you sit the exam, it's good practice, for when you resit' worryingly, she's right - and she did't even know I am doing medicine, so actually, I have an impossibly impossible task at hand ARGH BRAIN MELT cafe runs away looking for green, squared, paper pads for pharmacology notes

cafecito Sun 24-Mar-13 21:00:05

mrsshrek sorry about DH work- make sure to keep records of all this

PMSL though at 'what character would justin/mr tumble be, cos he's in everything?' I felt a bit ill this week, as I watched ''tiny tumble'' a cartoon miniature justin fletcher, morphed from his being, like a bacterial division

*not a fan

** like good old sesame street instead

Minimammoth Sun 24-Mar-13 21:33:01

Cafecito, my brain is melting just reading your post. Are you hoping to practice medicine or law. Confused. Or maybe you should run a stationery store.grin < might not be spelled right, or is that spelt, or is that flour>

cafecito Sun 24-Mar-13 22:30:01

oh the irony, I meant practi*s*e

grin

and yes it's stationery

how are you today mini?

I have always wanted to do both, which is how this mess came about grin I wanted to be a doctor first and foremost though, and before, I was not, so I am on track a ridiculously long impossible winding never ending track riddled with hellish years of failure eheeem

MrsShrek3 Sun 24-Mar-13 22:52:12

Dr cafe QC then?wink

Welovegrapes Sun 24-Mar-13 23:05:21

Dr Cafe, I'm impressed by what you are doing! smile

I did a bit of career changing too - used to be a Uni lecturer and now work very pt in the City, when I'm not attending toddler groups and moping fevered toddler brows smile

jynier Sun 24-Mar-13 23:27:15

Oh! Thank goodness that the thread has re-started!!! Feel that I know you all!

Beloved friend of the family died this evening!!! His mother and my ma were best friends same as he and my older brother. They have been together through thick and thin since they were very young. Absolutely horrific for my older bro and his family.

Not really sure why I'm posting. Probably shock.

MrsShrek3 Sun 24-Mar-13 23:29:28

ohh jynier no wonder...another loss is.bound to make you sad sad

Welovegrapes Sun 24-Mar-13 23:30:14

Oh jynier I am so sorry sad

postmanpatseasterbunny Sun 24-Mar-13 23:31:11

I'm here too, I was in the first one! Except I was a cat then, not a seasonal bunny...

Said something earlier that upset DP mightily and he took himself off to bed very early. I know I won't sleep much so will keep you lot company instead if that's ok.

MrsShrek3 Sun 24-Mar-13 23:34:38

cat to rabbit... grin

we're better company than a grumpy DHgrin

postmanpatseasterbunny Sun 24-Mar-13 23:42:56

He's been away for six weeks, got back last weekend and has had some difficulty in adjusting, I think. It's easier to be the person at home with life going on more or less as normal than the person who has to come home and slot back in. My parents have been married for 48 years this week and Dad still works away, I know they have sometimes had similar issues.

No snow here, but I am so fed up with the cold. Can't even sit here snuggled in my dressing gown as I washed it and it's still damp.

Welovegrapes Sun 24-Mar-13 23:44:19

Yes, definitely chat to us - sorry to hear about the row. DH and I had one today too but managed to make up in the end.

Welovegrapes Sun 24-Mar-13 23:44:53

Have you got a slanket? Naff but super cosy!!

postmanpatseasterbunny Sun 24-Mar-13 23:47:18

I got DD a Hello Kitty one but can't go fumbling around her room in the dark. Had better go and check her electric blanket is off though, she has the coldest room in the house.

Welovegrapes Sun 24-Mar-13 23:53:01

Sounds sensible.

postmanpatseasterbunny Sun 24-Mar-13 23:54:34

Almost the end of term...anyone got any exciting Easter plans? Wish we were heading somewhere sunny!

MrsShrek3 Sun 24-Mar-13 23:58:22

I wish.... but what's that sun thing you mention?confused

Welovegrapes Sun 24-Mar-13 23:58:22

No - we are hosting the whole family at our cramped house delightful cottage.

Eggs though.. Mmm chocolate!! grin

MrsShrek3 Sun 24-Mar-13 23:59:03

oooh Easter = church and chocolate grin

Welovegrapes Mon 25-Mar-13 00:04:09

Our argument earlier was about egg decorating blush don't ask confused

postmanpatseasterbunny Mon 25-Mar-13 00:05:29

I can hardly remember myself...have a vague recollection that it might give out something called heat.

DP's DD is coming to stay for the first week, we are on our own for the second (except he'll go back to work and I'll be off).

postmanpatseasterbunny Mon 25-Mar-13 00:06:53

Ours was equally daft...he just spent the weekend with his DD, first time for 2 months due to business trip, he said she has grown 2 inches, I said they only grow about 6cm a year and apparently I always have to be right and 'condescending doesn't begin to describe it' grin

Welovegrapes Mon 25-Mar-13 00:12:32

Apparently I was over sensitive about the importance of egg decorating on Easter Sunday and he 'was only bantering' grin

Summerdad, we ned someone who speaks man to translate all this!!

postmanpatseasterbunny Mon 25-Mar-13 00:14:18

Why did I do that? Just looked at the ten day forecast and the highest temperature on it is 4 degrees. 4!!! It is my birthday on Friday and on the day I was born it was 25 degrees, the hottest March day on record.

This thread is not accepting new messages.