Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Where do I go?!

(83 Posts)
Username123 Fri 15-Mar-13 19:56:55

After a year of dealing with my daughters father and his mother's issues and general control freak behaviour, tonight I received a call saying that they had discussed it and had decidedly that my daughter would be better off living with his mother, they are on the way round and could I have her bags packed.

Well, her bags are packed, as are mine and I am sitting in McDonalds not knowing what the fuck to do or where to go.

I have no living family members and don't want to go to a friends in case he finds me there.

I have £50 to my name until I can get to a bank tomorrow morning.

Obviously there is a shitload of backstory to this, but where can I go right now that would be safe?

I'm in east London in case that's relevant/helpful?

I've just come across this now.
I have to say, it is so inspiring to read this.
I hope it goes well for you. You certainly deserve it.
Well done and good luck!!!!

cjel Fri 22-Mar-13 18:20:38

Hope you get the move you want. I have had more bullying txts from mine this week, Threatening if I don't do what he wants he will appoint his solicitor to reclaim 'his' money.!!! Wish you and DD peace and happiness.

DameFanny Sat 23-Mar-13 09:53:11

Oh good news! Have you had help to change the locks, and made sure the address is flagged with the police?

Slainte Tue 26-Mar-13 22:47:48

Thinking of you OP and hope you're managing to stay strong.

Username123 Fri 19-Apr-13 20:58:25

Hello!

Just thought I would come back and give you lovely people an update.

We are doing really well still. No need to change locks as Ex never lived here, but I didn't want a shouting match on the doorstep in front of my daughter or them trying to break in by force or something, which is why I felt it safer to run.

As for Ex, he is now claiming he doesn't believe DD is his and wants a DNA test hmm, probably because CSA contacted him! So the test has been done and submitted and should have outcome soon. Bloody idiot. But other than that it is the only contact I've had from him or his family. I think the police officer and solicitors letter must have terrified them!

HA are still being slow in getting a move, but frankly, if this silence continues from Ex I'm happy to stay here.

DD is doing amazingly well. She is so bright and happy and far more intelligent then I give her credit for. and she is mine

Thank you all again for your lovely words of advice, support and offers of help. Serious thanks to those who offered to come with me to various appointments. I know I didn't take you up on them, but I really did appreciate them. Also thanks to the people who took the time to PM me with advice and telephone numbers, it was a huge help.

BeingAWifeIsNotForMe Fri 19-Apr-13 21:05:52

So glad everything is panning out for you.

Well done, keep doing what you're doing, you and Dd will be fine flowers xx

indianrani Fri 19-Apr-13 21:15:27

You are a brave and courageous woman. I hope you get sorted with the accomodation and custody of your DD. Don't be frightened, today you made the hardest step, be proud of yourself. Best of luck.

CatelynStark Fri 19-Apr-13 21:17:02

I've just seen this thread and wanted to say that you have been brave and amazing so bloody well done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now