Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Where do I go?!

(83 Posts)
Username123 Fri 15-Mar-13 19:56:55

After a year of dealing with my daughters father and his mother's issues and general control freak behaviour, tonight I received a call saying that they had discussed it and had decidedly that my daughter would be better off living with his mother, they are on the way round and could I have her bags packed.

Well, her bags are packed, as are mine and I am sitting in McDonalds not knowing what the fuck to do or where to go.

I have no living family members and don't want to go to a friends in case he finds me there.

I have £50 to my name until I can get to a bank tomorrow morning.

Obviously there is a shitload of backstory to this, but where can I go right now that would be safe?

I'm in east London in case that's relevant/helpful?

OhDearieDearieMe Fri 15-Mar-13 21:58:21

Blimey. What a situation. Utmost respect to you for holding it together and keeping both of you safe. Good luck and God bless.

ElectricSheep Fri 15-Mar-13 22:00:22

Good luck OP, will be thinking of you. Hope things get sorted next week.

Good luck OP. Glad you've got some support. Thinking of you xxx

DameFanny Fri 15-Mar-13 22:06:18

Oh phew grin. Well done. So happy to hear you're being looked after - and women's aid will be able to help - even if they don't have refuge space they'll be able to help you with access to other services, and people in similar boats to make you feel less alone smile

Awks Fri 15-Mar-13 22:09:36

well done you - here's to the start of a better life for you both. Keep in touch on here and tell us your exciting future news xxxxx

Well done username, sorry not to pm you back earlier, sick kids needed me. I have messaged you the Housing number for your local council.

So relieved the Police were helpful and that you and your dd have a roof over your head tonight.

elportodelgato Fri 15-Mar-13 22:12:36

Username I am in east London too, if you need a hand hold tomorrow or in fact anytime then PM me, I am around. You are one BRAVE woman, I wish you luck, please don't hesitate to ask for help anytime

Slainte Fri 15-Mar-13 22:12:47

Well done, hopefully this is the start of your great new life. It's brilliant that you have shown your daughter what is not acceptable in a relationship.

piprabbit Fri 15-Mar-13 22:19:18

You might not feel brave - but you have been very, very brave and you should be proud of yourself.
Good luck.

Viviennemary Fri 15-Mar-13 22:24:24

I had to read your post a few times before it sank in. And then I realised your DD was only a baby and your DH and his mother intended to take her from you. You have done the right thing to seek police protection from this pair of nutcases. I hope you get things sorted out soon.

GrumpyKat Fri 15-Mar-13 22:27:43

Glad you are safe with your little one. Sleep well and good luck for tomorrow.

TheSecondComing Fri 15-Mar-13 22:33:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

borninastorm Fri 15-Mar-13 22:47:47

I don't know you but I'm so proud of you. You've done the right thing and your dd has a strong, brave mum that she'll be able to look up to as she grows.

I am so pleased to hear the police have been amazing for you. We often only hear bad things about them.

Stay strong, the future's yours and your dd's.

JassyRadlett Fri 15-Mar-13 23:03:18

OP, your daughter is so lucky to have a mum like you. So glad the police have been helpful and the right steps are being taken.

Username123 Sat 16-Mar-13 08:43:28

Thank you again for all your lovely replies.

For the first time ever DD slept through the night, so I'm taking that as her approval for what I'm doing (nothing to do with the fact she went to bed 3 hours later than usual!).

I have a lot to do today, but just wanted to say thank you again.

beachyhead Sat 16-Mar-13 09:28:02

Well you've got a busy day ahead, but first day of the rest of your lives... I know it's a cliche but its true...

Good luck and keep in touch. We are all standing behind you in a long line, willing you forward grin

BubblegumPie Sat 16-Mar-13 09:58:20

Good luck today! smile

HeySoulSister Sat 16-Mar-13 10:03:22

Gooduck from me too!!

peedoffbird Sat 16-Mar-13 10:07:31

Wow you're amazing! Take care today and let us know how you're doing x

Best of luck and very well done for your immediate action smile

moisturiser Sat 16-Mar-13 10:13:31

So glad the police have been helpful.
This woman sounds utterly unhinged. I hope the solicitor is helpful and things get sorted. I can imagine you felt terrified last night!

TheSilveryPussycat Sat 16-Mar-13 10:30:37

Brave people don't feel brave... they feel terrified and take action anyway.

You Are Brave.

WonderingPast Sat 16-Mar-13 11:14:37

My very best wishes for today. I was impressed last night by how quickly you sorted things out, from packing to McDonalds to here to police to being asleep. Go you!

DameFanny Sat 16-Mar-13 11:39:27

I think this deserves a [pom pom wave]. Well done you and dd grin

Slainte Sat 16-Mar-13 13:47:52

Thinking of you today, best of luck to you and your DD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now