Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating chat thread 46

(1000 Posts)
lubeybooby Thu 14-Mar-13 13:37:55

all dating related chit chat here!

off we go

Scrazy Wed 20-Mar-13 17:04:42

Hello, I'm back from my travels and have managed to catch up with all the happenings.

Lubey so glad you stuck up for yourself. IME if you have evidence that someone has agreed to pay you something it's worth perusing as if it ends up in court they will have to pay. Glad it didn't and glad you got your money.

Voice, hope you are ok?

Will check out the SS thread when I get chance. It's not the first one started by the poster I've seen others with photos identifying said poster.

Glad to hear people are getting help with the blues, it's not something I've experienced myself but wouldn't hesitate too if need.

Hi to all the hussy's with the IE profiles grin Anyone made a date from one yet?

Nothing much to report from me re dating except that I might meet someone if he asks. Someone I had a date with a few weeks ago and didn't here back tried to add me on some social site that I'm not on. I ignored it.

ike1 Wed 20-Mar-13 17:09:46

Well the Marine Eco/bio guy is an IE ...he has hang out tho. Away in Brussels at mo...likes Japanese food as do I, suggestion of a date. Seen my photos and he reckons i am 'his type of woman'...heh heh we shall see shall we...

ike1 Wed 20-Mar-13 17:11:39

...I have a feeling he is very wrapped up in his career hence not wanting a relationship....either that or he's a kinky effer like Dr A. Delight.

Scrazy Wed 20-Mar-13 17:34:11

Only one way to find out Ike, when is he back?

ike1 Wed 20-Mar-13 17:38:12

coupla days at a conference....

WarmFuzzyFun Wed 20-Mar-13 17:41:17

Hi my internet Peeps!

It's all been going on hasn't it?

Scrazy, I have had a date (or three wink) from m IE profile on POF. So far so good.

I view Fwb's/IE as the temp job you take while you continue looking for permanent employment.

Voice, don't be gone too long Mister, I'll We'll miss you.

Why do I feel so tired? Maybe eating crisps and drinking endless cups of tea isn't such a great diet, who knew?grin

ike1 Wed 20-Mar-13 17:47:12

I feel like a bag o' shite at the mo ...queazy with a sore throat and aches. Really pissed me off cos I was hitting the gym big stylee last week. What have the dates been like WFF?

WarmFuzzyFun Wed 20-Mar-13 17:55:47

Hi Ike. The dates have been ggggrrrreat (remember the Frosties commercial).

They have been better than my Match ones (WFF sticks tongue out at Match website), the men have been intelligent (I know) and it's been fun.

One has to sift carefully and quite ruthlessly, Lubey has the right idea, block, block and block some more.

ike1 Wed 20-Mar-13 17:57:38

Oh ok ...did they expect first date nookie????

Sunshinewanting Wed 20-Mar-13 18:02:43

I have been lurking a while and have decided now is the time to take the plunge. I've set up a profile on Plenty of Fish. What can I expect?

I'm more and more convinced gsm Software man is going to cry off the date on Thursday. I sent him a mail late Monday letting him know that he'd got the day wrong, it was meant to be Tuesday not Thursday. Sent a follow up yesterday to say I assumed as he hadn't replied it was off for yesterday. He shows as not having logged in since earlier Monday. Gsm can send email notifications with the beginning of the mail so he must be avoiding logging in. Strangely, another gsm man pulled the Tuesday/Thursday thing, then cancelled at the last minute. I'm not that fussed as I think he is probably boring but it's irritating.

WFF was that on POF?

ike1 Wed 20-Mar-13 18:07:00

Sunshine depends on what you are looking for ....but a fair few initial messages under most circs..

ike1 Wed 20-Mar-13 18:08:19

Prob married Jule...yawn...

Sunshinewanting Wed 20-Mar-13 18:15:40

I'm looking for a partner, its very exciting and nerve wracking.

WarmFuzzyFun Wed 20-Mar-13 18:17:59

Yes POF Juliette.

Ike, No sex on first date. Usually by about date 2 or 3 in my case. First date is exactly same as 'normal' dating: meet, greet, look for flags and chemistry.

Just because it is IE doesn't mean you have sex with someone you don't fancy or don't feel safe with.

Lots of the time I don't take it further than the first date.

ParsleyTheLioness Wed 20-Mar-13 18:49:08

Hi Peeps
Glad to hear all the foofs are doing well grin. Have only caught up with the last two pages...
Hope everyone is ok. Have hidden my POF profile. Anyone else found the same people contacting for the second time via the Meet Me function, when they have chatted a few days the first time then dissapeared? This has happened a couple of times now. Sad that I am very forgettable or they message so randomly with no system! Also people who you are not interested in, who contact you again a week after you have ignored their first irresistable feeble approach? Is it just me?

WarmFuzzyFun Wed 20-Mar-13 18:55:48

Parsley, block them, thereby ending confusion, repeat messages.

ParsleyTheLioness Wed 20-Mar-13 19:03:14

Now why didn't I think of that...good idea. You had it too then Fuzzy?

OhWesternWind Wed 20-Mar-13 19:13:47

Sunshine wishing you lots of good luck and fun in finding your partner ... Come back and ask about anything you want! Hope it goes well.

WarmFuzzyFun Wed 20-Mar-13 19:31:49

grin Yeah, but it's all part of the tapestry of OD eh?

DippyBlinkey Wed 20-Mar-13 19:31:50

Hi, new on here but looks fun! 2nd meeting fifteen minutes away... Is a pof boy! Gorgeous, messaged a lot but got v sexual so our first meeting ended up in jolly good sex! Messaged lots since and tonight at mine for food and chat..parents have children for the night..any tips (er, apart from no sex on first meeting -why didn't I think of that-)

ParsleyTheLioness Wed 20-Mar-13 19:36:01

Someone needs to start a new Fred...

OhWesternWind Wed 20-Mar-13 19:36:40

Sounds like you're having fun Dippy - don't think you need any tips! Only note of caution would be to make sure at some point that you're both on the same page about what you want out if this, otherwise it can get a bit tricky if you want different things.

Enjoy yourself tonight envy

WarmFuzzyFun Wed 20-Mar-13 19:43:07

Yeah, the end is nigh for thread 46

lubeybooby Wed 20-Mar-13 19:43:29

This thread is not accepting new messages.