Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating chat thread 46

(1000 Posts)
lubeybooby Thu 14-Mar-13 13:37:55

all dating related chit chat here!

off we go

lubeybooby Fri 15-Mar-13 08:01:56

Morning all

No headache, hurrah.

Apart from TT

I agree that pic is a baaaaad angle. Oh dear.

MirandaWest Fri 15-Mar-13 08:05:25

Hooray for lack of headache smile

I need to leave the house to go and stare at people taking an exam. Boo.

OhWesternWind Fri 15-Mar-13 08:52:13

No reply from him, Lubey? sad

lubeybooby Fri 15-Mar-13 08:59:02

Nope OWW. I don't know what my next move is really? An attempt to explain exactly how much it cost me in terms of time off work, actually paying for it, plus having to get the hotel etc? Because if you add all that up what I'm asking for from him is about a quarter, not the majority at all. And he did promise he would do whatever it took to make it easier hmm

VelvetSpoon Fri 15-Mar-13 09:00:46

Lubey glad you're feeling better in time for tomorrow!

I got about 5 hours sleep, still not great but I can cope on that so alls good smile

What do you think about this? (if anything) as you know my house is somewhat unfinished, and tends to attract comment. You might remember me saying that on our last date C made a little comment about whether I'd been hoping to date a builder which I was a little hmm about.

Anyway, I have now found out (when looking for local tradesmen) that 2 of C's immediate family are in the building trade...is it odd he didn't mention it? Was telling one of my friends who thought it was. I didn't, but I did think it might explain his comment.

VelvetSpoon Fri 15-Mar-13 09:03:36

Sorry xpost, lubey am angry at tt being so crappy about this. Agreeing to pay for something and then not is really shabby of him. Especially given the circs.

lubeybooby Fri 15-Mar-13 09:04:04

Velv I don't think it's odd that he didn't mention it. Perhaps he knows they are sub standard and didn't want to put a word in for them? Plus it's not really his place to bandy their services about. I disagree with your friend.

lubeybooby Fri 15-Mar-13 09:05:54

and yeah i am mad with TT too... like I need this at the moment (or ever)

siiigh.

I'll try and explain to him what it actually means and what it's cost me. Guess I have no move left after that if he's still quiet about it.

ike1 Fri 15-Mar-13 09:06:16

'Overcoming Binge Eating' by Chris Fairburn Merc. He created the first method of treatment for Bulimia Nervosa in the 70s when nobody reconised it as an illness. He also was at the forefront of having CBT recognised as the main psychotherapy cure for Eating Disorders.

He also disvoveres that the majority of people with eating disorders have a jumbled up combination of bulimia and anorexia for which he uses CBT-E (enhanced CBT) with very good success rates (although this is currently undergoing study). Fascinating stuff.

I am sorry about TT Lubes, it is very wrong of him.

48howdidthathappen Fri 15-Mar-13 09:38:21

Morning.

Having been lurking. Just knackered.

My mum isn't home until next week. Fingers crossed. The Neighbourhood Team, the carers that look after stroke patients on release, decided at the last minute, mum was too complex for them sad Social Services have now taken over, they will provide care for a few weeks, until we get our own package in place.

One of my sisters is being a complete bitch angry

Dumped Mr R&R again last Sunday. Must control my texting fingers, it really is not good behaviour. I have promised I will not do it again. I need him shock

Chin hairs are the work of the devil!

OhWesternWind Fri 15-Mar-13 09:48:16

Lubes, I think if you tell him straight then that is the only thing you can do. So peed off on your behalf that you are having to chase him up about this. Just crap.

Velvet - I wouldn't think it was weird. In fact, I probably wouldn't have mentioned it if it had been me in case it looked like I was touting for work for my family.

48 how disappointing about your mum. I really hope that it all works out for next week and she's finally back home. This type of situation can be really difficult with family members, lots of stress and people are not always at their best.

Next time you feel like dumping Mr R&R, don't. grin Come on here and vent instead and step away from the phone!

ike1 Fri 15-Mar-13 09:50:06

48 it is disappointing I know, but on the positive side, it is better that Mum has the right support in place so avoid extra strain on you guys and prevent Mum from feeling like she is 'failing'.

I dont mean to be intrusive, but why do you feel the need to reject Mr R&R at difficult times?

lubeybooby Fri 15-Mar-13 10:01:49

Yeah exactly OWW, it would put velvet in an awkward situation if he mentioned them, as she may feel she had to take on the work from them or be potentially embarrassed by saying 'not yet, not saved enough' or something like that. I think it's a good thing he didn't mention it, not odd.

Have just sent another text to TT explaining the whole amount it cost me etc etc and saying I could really do without having to beg for something promised. hmm

48howdidthathappen Fri 15-Mar-13 10:06:40

Ike I think at the moment it is just hard work being in a relationship, with someone I have only known a few months. Hard for him too. I just get it in my head at times that life would be simpler on my own. I would miss him lots though, he makes me laugh, very important at the moment.

ike1 Fri 15-Mar-13 10:09:25

Ah ..I see.. I can understand that 48. Well could you, during this period, just meet up once a week and then really look forward to it. But have supportive fun texts meantime. Would that work?

48howdidthathappen Fri 15-Mar-13 10:12:37

lubey TT really is behaving badly.

Velvet I agree mentioning he had builders in his family could of looked like he was touting for work. Awkward.

48howdidthathappen Fri 15-Mar-13 10:21:31

We usually meet twice a week ike saw him Wednesday, will see him tomorrow. He is a real tonic. Absolutely useless in many ways, managed to flood his kitchen wednesday night. He does send me really laugh out loud texts during the week. Life is better with him smile

48howdidthathappen Fri 15-Mar-13 10:24:07

The floor needed a wash grin

ike1 Fri 15-Mar-13 10:25:46

Ok then stop finishing with him then, you silly bugger! haha! As OWW says come on ere instead!!

lubeybooby Fri 15-Mar-13 10:31:37

Haha 48, at the floor needing a wash... and what ike said!

TFO is making me laugh at present. We are emailing about tomorrow. says he has his passport, bikini and sun lotion. He's so silly, I really need silly right now grin haha

48howdidthathappen Fri 15-Mar-13 10:41:08

Silly can be bloody fantastic Lubey grin

lubeybooby Fri 15-Mar-13 10:44:18

Yep! Silly is my life really. It helps an awful lot!

ike1 Fri 15-Mar-13 10:45:54

Think dancing cats Lube!

ike1 Fri 15-Mar-13 10:46:50

Mind you just listening to Shakin by Jack White that's put me in a struttin' mood...

lubeybooby Fri 15-Mar-13 10:51:40

ike grin see you only have to say that to get a grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.