Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating chat thread 46

(1000 Posts)
lubeybooby Thu 14-Mar-13 13:37:55

all dating related chit chat here!

off we go

mercury7 Thu 14-Mar-13 21:12:23

but swimming with contacts..surely not??

OhWesternWind Thu 14-Mar-13 21:16:34

I was pretty short sighted about -8 with my right eye a bit worse, but neither much good for any practical purpose. They said they werent sure if it would be fully correctable but I thought that even being left a bit short sighted would be a huge improvement so I went for it. In the event it worked perfectly. The first couple of weeks I just couldn't get over waking up and being able to see!! Fantastic feeling. I take it for granted a bit now though smile

Winefiend Thu 14-Mar-13 21:17:47

Juliette likewise! I'm definitely more shocked with this one than the last.

Well, at least I know it wasn't anything I did. I am just a magnet for (ex) BAD LADS it appears. To think the other month I was moaning about a lack of men 'who aren't knobheads but have a bit of an edge'. Oh dear.

Snapespeare Thu 14-Mar-13 21:24:49

Yes! Contacts swimming... Goggles... Amazing to final see where I'm off to.

So advice. Is 6 weeks too soon to develop 'feelings' (gak! GAAAAKKKK!) about someone. I should probably not mention this for a few weeks more... When does one introduce a bloke to your DCs? This is all a bit new and unexpected....

<waves at nameless... Just ignore this sweetheart... Go listen to some loopy hip hop. Love you! Eep! No, I mean ummm.... Oh. Bollocks )

Alittlestranger Thu 14-Mar-13 21:34:07

I think if Nameless has discovered the dating thread it would be good manners for him to stop reading. stares hard. You wouldn't eavesdrop on Snape in the pub would you deary?

lubeybooby Thu 14-Mar-13 21:36:44

Snape that isn't too soon at all. Quite reserved really!

Snapespeare Thu 14-Mar-13 21:37:52

I think he's too mannerly to actually google my faux pas. And if he isn't, he should be.

Assume we are alone here. Let's talk about sex baybee.

lubeybooby Thu 14-Mar-13 21:42:33

Snape as for introducing I have a six month rule with my DD. Though that could be flexible depending on how sure I am about the relationship.

MirandaWest Thu 14-Mar-13 21:46:19

Snape I definitely loved Mr Nice within 6 weeks. Quite possibly sooner (we romantically declared our mutual feelings in the fog).

I didn't introduce him to the DCs until about after about 6 months but they knew about him sooner than that. I think I didn't want to do it too soon after they had met XHs girlfriend which I think happened not long before I met Mr Nice but tbh I don't think it would have mattered if they had met him sooner.

That was no help at all really was it?

MirandaWest Thu 14-Mar-13 21:48:49

I've done one report. Three to go.

OhWesternWind Thu 14-Mar-13 21:50:28

Well I'd known LM for around four months when he said he loves me, next day when we introduced the children, just all went to the park together so very informal.

No such thing as too soon - you feel what you feel. I think I might be a bit circumspect about saying it for a few weeks yet but that's just me. I had feelings for LM for a few weeks before he said anything and just kept quiet. So happy for you. It's a wonderful feeling.

Snape it is not just the sex weeks, you two have a connection. You are both clearly smitten, it's too late now grin. As for the kids, I think the 6 month rule is sensible but, it depends entirely on the kids, the man, your relationship.

Snapespeare Thu 14-Mar-13 21:57:40

Last significant relationship after kids dad.. Took me me 18 MONTHS to introduce him to the DCs. Nameless says it isn't a big thing for him, but acknowledges that it's because they're not his kids. I think I'll bring it up again in a couple of weeks.

VelvetSpoon Thu 14-Mar-13 22:00:58

I loved the lovely Ex after about a week month, but didn't say it for another couple of months, even though I felt at times I'd literally burst from the effort of not saying it, but I didn't want to say it first! In the end he said it by text, then I said it aloud.

Never did the DC introducing thing, I have spoken to DS1 about it in general and ever so hypothetical terms recently, and he said he wouldn't want to meet anyone unless they were going to be moving in here (I have told him there is zero chance of that...). DS2 would be amenable I'm sure, but would relay all info to the Evil Ex which I have no doubt would kick off WW3 hmm

As such it's probably lucky there is no prospect of me being in this position for the foreseeable!

Six weeks, six ffs

MirandaWest Thu 14-Mar-13 22:04:19

grin at the sex/six weeks grin

My in box has got lively this evening. This is what I'm up against. Why, why would anyone advertise with that pic? The words he has tried to use aren't any better hmm.

mercury7 Thu 14-Mar-13 23:11:24

he thinks thats his best most flattering pic grin
thats all you need to know!

Winefiend Thu 14-Mar-13 23:20:16

STOP THE PRESS

A seemingly normal, non potato has sent me a message, to which a photo of Josh Homme (from a gig was attached) shock

Winefiend Thu 14-Mar-13 23:21:27

Oh my word Juliette, that made me megalolz big time grin

ike1 Thu 14-Mar-13 23:57:14

Been to a public lecture on eating disorders by Chris Fairburn (one of the world's leading researcher's on psychological treatments) he rarely gives public lectures ...ooooh get me!

It was really good very informative and for such an incredible academic he gave an easily understood, accessible lecture. Then caught up on the goss with my mates from col. Lotsa fun. Will catch up on the thread now..

Seasidegirly Thu 14-Mar-13 23:57:53

I have a 1st date tomorrow night. Quite nervous. Last one was July 2012. I'm hoping he 1) turns up and 2) isn't attached and with a girlfriend and baby like the last one. Wish me luck.

Bant Fri 15-Mar-13 00:13:56

good luck seaside. So was this an online thing or a real life thing or..?

mercury7 Fri 15-Mar-13 00:44:51

sounds very interesting Ike, has he written any books?

another entry for the 'most unflattering profile pic' comp'
www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=52332242

Flipper924 Fri 15-Mar-13 08:00:05

I agree, Mercury, it looks like he gave the camera to his knob to take the picture! And it shows off his rather unattractive lampshade.

I have send polite 'no, thank you' messages to the man in the Timmy Mallett style comedy glasses (who has managed three 2-word messages), and the dull message from the man who's 20 years older than me.

The gorgeous men can message me now...

Snape, still envy. That goes for you, too, nameless.

This thread is not accepting new messages.