Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating thread no 45

(1000 Posts)

Online and real life dating chat, all welcome

ike1 Thu 14-Mar-13 11:08:42

Youre obviously getting good vibes out there Bant...and yes I agree about the confidence thing. Personally I think it rearranges the muscles in the face so that your features look more inviting and attractive (not looked into any reasearch for that opinion though ha!) . I am pleased for you! Enjoy the fun! Life is meant to have fun bits in it!

Scrazy Thu 14-Mar-13 11:17:30

Yes, I don't really blame you Bant. I used to have lots of confidence when I was still going out to night clubs etc and got to experience lot's of truly beautiful men out there. It was the average ones who wanted anything more sad.

It kind of confirms what I as a dried up old bag more experienced single woman has learnt very slowly. That said good looking men go for looks above anything else. That's why I'm single, I think.

Snapespeare Thu 14-Mar-13 11:30:12

bant agree, have fun! actually think it's fab that you were worried about moving to Budapest and now there are sweeties aplenty. This is really positive! enjoy browsing.

I got an email from nameless at half one this morning with subject title: surprise kiss message: goes equally well with breakfast or alongside a book on the train xx

I'd envy me if i wasn't me. </boastful>

he's a keeper, isn't he? grin

MirandaWest Thu 14-Mar-13 11:35:40

He is a keeper I think Snape smile

Done two bits of spy with, one with recording one not. Is nice and sunny here smile am feeling better for knowing I have Done something today

Off to next place where there is more recording but sadly no moustache grin.

lubeybooby Thu 14-Mar-13 11:40:41

Yes, very sour taste in the mouth... very unpleasant. 1) because I really don't want to keep being reminded of the whole horrid situation we were in and 2) I only went private because of his promise to pay the majority of it and 3) I got a temporary overdraft to be able pay and tide me over til he was able to give me the money and the bank will be calling that back in soon so I have time pressure to sort out the last of it with him and yes 4) he does have a very good job, and isn't scraping it out of meagre wages or anything.

I will add though I haven't actually asked him for it since the last day I saw him, I was rather hoping he would volunteer but I'm going to have to actually ask him for it now. Yuck.

KirstyWirsty Thu 14-Mar-13 11:41:18

snape definitely a keeper

bant if you smile in most cases you get one back .. I am going to give it a go next time I am out .. I think I am too stand offish .. I never get approached

lubeybooby Thu 14-Mar-13 11:43:58

Snape grin yes he is a keeper! I laughed at being envy if you weren't you grin

shock at bant finding the actual sweet shop, seems women do the 'like buses' thing then too...

Scrazy Thu 14-Mar-13 11:54:01

Snape enjoy it all, you deserve to be with someone nice, meant in a non patronizing way.

Snapespeare Thu 14-Mar-13 12:08:43

do not feel even remotely patronised. feel warm fuzzy (not you WFF that would be wrong)

hurry up friday!!

lubeybooby Thu 14-Mar-13 12:12:40

and hurry up Saturday! Need something nice again to take my mind off tightarse TT and this bastard headache which is back again. I think it's definitely tension but I can't un-tense.

Scrazy Thu 14-Mar-13 12:16:00

Best set off for the train to Manc airport, will have my tea and a big glass of wine before I get on the flight grin. Have a great weekend everyone.

KirstyWirsty Thu 14-Mar-13 12:18:31

Have a great trip Scrazy

lubeybooby Thu 14-Mar-13 12:19:22

Scrazy have a lovely time!

Bant Thu 14-Mar-13 12:36:22

Scrazy - have a nice time.

I think some attractive people are arrogant and will go for looks over everything else, personally I'd rather go for someone attractive enough but quirky and funny and sweet than someone who was stunning and up themselves. Personality is more important. That said, personality and looks is a nice combination.

Buffy has both if I can get her out from behind those huge glasses. I mean, really huge. Like Thelma from Scooby Doo.

I remembered by the way I didn't actually take them off her the first time, she took them off after I asked her what she looked like underneath them. I took them off the second time though when I was kissing her. It seemed like the right thing to do. I didn't want to get her neck-chain caught up in my collar or something.

Have a great time Scazy make sure you check out the men on the flight too grin

Snape it's so good to see you happy with nameless, yes definite keeper

Lubey ask him, even if he is feeling awkward whatever he needs to man up and pay up.

Bant go for it, let rip. Being an ex pat can be awesome.

Snapespeare Thu 14-Mar-13 12:47:07

oh bugger it - I'm going to call you on the thelma-glasses bant If we can have <whispers> fleece wars - they we can have glasses-gate.

Presuming they are prescribed and not for effect, She needs them to see She might not like contact lenses. She might hide behind them a bit because she feels a bit unattractive and she's a progressive liberal who probably doesn't think that her choice of glasses defines her attractiveness.

and she likes doctor who! come on!

OhWesternWind Thu 14-Mar-13 13:11:39

Scrazy have a great weekend!

Bant can't blame you for going a bit crazy in the sweet shop but maybe see how things go with Buffy first? I wouldn't worry about the glasses thing, really, bit of a non-issue. (LM has glasses, keep taking the piss out of him as he is an optician and has battered glasses that are the wrong prescription. Hmm. It's like my dentist who has really wonky teeth, not a good advert. But I work in construction and live in a house like a building site - do all the IT people have knackered computers and people who work in Tesco have empty cupboards?).

Hooray for all Nameless-related loveliness, Snape! He's great, keep hold of him.

Lubey bet your headache disappears after Saturday grin

lubeybooby Thu 14-Mar-13 13:17:07

Juliette I have just asked him. i sent a how are you text first and he replied so I know he is about... so I've just sent my cap in hand text to him. Yuk yuk yuk. BLEUGH. I'd rather have peeled my own corneas or cut off a digit with a spoon tbh but it had to be done.

Bant Scooby Do style glasses are currently the height of fashion. It's a new thing, seriously. I look awful with my glasses on, truely dreadful. No one ever gives me a second glance and the transformation with contacts in is massive. It's a huge deal for any man to first see me with my glasses on for the first time and as I value my ability to get across the room over temporary looks, I judge a man very harshly by his reaction. Now I know you want more than just a pretty face but I offer up the following phrases to avoid or think with Buffy if you want to live.

Wow, you look beautiful without your glasses
My ex wore contact lenses all the time, didn't have any trouble
Do you need to wear your glasses?
and my personal favourite
Have you ever thought about laser eye surgery?
(I will then say this isn't possible in my case and then they will become experts on it because their cousin swears by it)

PS The impact of any of the following can be enhanced to the power of 10 if you remove her glasses whilst speaking grin.

lubeybooby Thu 14-Mar-13 13:19:18

and the clinic have just rang me for my three week post treatment test results (negative so all is well) so seems fitting I suppose to try and get this final crap sorted with him today.

Lubey well done, he owes you it's that simple. His shame not yours, you promise to pay, you pay.

mercury7 Thu 14-Mar-13 13:25:28

Juliette, what about those rimless glasses that are almost invisible?
I wear glasses and I think I look perfectly ok wearing those.
Where as specs with frames often dont suit me

mercury7 Thu 14-Mar-13 13:28:50

Lubey, it's a horrid situation and I suppose all you can do is appeal to his sense of honour, apart from that you really have no leverage as far as I can see since the only consequence of him reneging is that you will think very badly of him?

lubeybooby Thu 14-Mar-13 13:30:29

Mercury yep, can only hope he will do the decent thing. Or I suppose I could go stalker on his ass and make him want to pay just to get rid of me

Snapespeare Thu 14-Mar-13 13:32:25

invisible rimless glasses - there's a limit to what can be done with higher prescriptions - you would think science would have caught up with the myopic by now.

and yukyukyukyuk at Lazer eye surgery. <faints clear away>

This thread is not accepting new messages.