Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating thread no 45

(1000 Posts)

Online and real life dating chat, all welcome

Scrazy Sat 09-Mar-13 00:04:20

Ike, this was my experience with my first love, my second love (husband) but subsequently I have had men who I know I would have had the lasting passion with for ever. It's new and with experience you know the difference. Shame they didn't recognise it, they might be miserable now.

ike1 Sat 09-Mar-13 00:09:25

Oh Scrazy oddly I think I would have had passion for TR for a long time but nothing else...he was a lover..pure and simple none of the other factors were there.

Sorry to hear about your little girl Bill and yes these affairs of the heart are not just the domain of females of course.

Snapespeare Sat 09-Mar-13 00:18:37

pom so pleased to hear your news. smile

no sleepover for me tonight. this is very fine. nameless hasn't been well, bit of a lingering cold, so i offered to come home, as we're both quite restless sleepers - but offered to stay if he would like me to stay, so i got the second-to-last train and he walked me to the station in the rain with his cold <melts>

we curled up, watched a film, goggled about clowns, read each other bits of new scientist. he cooked me pasta and there was no sex. there was, however, the kind of kissing that was more intimate and a damn sight hornier than some of the actual PIV sex i'm been 'treated' to in the past.

we've been seeing each other once a week or so... this isn't enough. he wants to see more of me <bursts into song, the kind of song that has to be sung rather than spoken, because i currently exist in a 1940s hollywood musical> he wants to go swimming with me.

i might be a bit smitten.

sorry that this is all a bit mememe. it's late and i've walked home from the station in the rain to defrost a pizza and open a bottle of champagne, because although nothing has been said, i feel loved. i promise i will catch up with you all tomorrow, because you are collectively my rock (& roll)

mercury7 Sat 09-Mar-13 00:20:55

oh thanks Ikesmile
just a bit gloomy probably hormones or something, i'm not exactly seeing life through the black window, more the purplish window.

Tomorrow the window may have changed colour completely,,,it's very hard to keep up with the shifts in brain chemistry

ike1 Sat 09-Mar-13 00:25:25

Yeah Merc I know what you mean entirely...I suffer awful week long pmt ..Hopefully it will be a bright shiny round window tomorrow.! Sounds like a lovely evening Snape!

lubeybooby Sat 09-Mar-13 00:51:49

Snape grin that is all so very lovely. I continue to wear out the grin smiley because of you and he and the luuurve and the smittenness!

Military precision has been needed to organise all this. DD has lists galore of chores, contact numbers, handy hints and what to do if the gas runs out (it won't, unless she puts it on the tropical setting) a house full of food and her friend coming over.

I have packed all the really important things, like cadbury heroes, cadburys fingers and my very best thong.

I am all packed and ready now, even down to keys, purse etc already in my handbag. Just got to attempt sleep, then get up, absorb as much coffee as possible (5am) wrestle myself into my clothes, shove make up on and pack make up. Sorted.

Except I'm wide awake and TOO EXCITED!!! grin

MirandaWest Sat 09-Mar-13 01:41:44

I fell asleep after putting DC to bed. Am now awake. Hmm.

lubeybooby Sat 09-Mar-13 05:59:06

aaaaaarghh... got about two hours sleep... but anyway I am orf v soon... see you all when i get back or sooner if I can get wifi to work (rare) in the hotel/s

Snapespeare Sat 09-Mar-13 08:28:05

darling thread I hope you have all woken up a little brighter.

I think the thing with the end of a a LTR for me was the lie. Not the lie about sticking his cock in not-very-bright-girl, but that we would grow old together & always be together. I would have breathed for him if he asked me to. we'd gone through various stressy traumas together & the departure of the one person I trusted with my world was indescribable. ..everything goes slow motion & you feel like you want to be sick.

<shrugs>

it's made me a lot harder. a lot less inclined to believe people & a bit more cynical...but the trade off is that it's also made me indestructible. I've weathered storms
I've dragged up three DCs on my own (to a varying degree of success at the mo) I've held down a difficult job & I still care about other people. if anything I should kiss DCs dad on the cheek, slap him on the arse, send him off.out to have serially disappointing relationships & thank him for helping to make me a tiny bit more fabulous. grin

velvet I hope Cuthbert sorts himself out. I know it's only been 6 or 7 dates, but you first met him, when? October? it's a slow burn...it's like dating in reverse dog years...

quick wave for our new york (exciting! !) & weegie travelling correspondents
.. grin hope you respectively have a fab time.

Movingforward123 Sat 09-Mar-13 08:30:31

snape so glad it's all going well for you grin

And with the tone of the thread last night, even I feel sad about what should have been. But I was only with my ex for around 8 years. He seems like right now he would do anything for me to get me back but he's not the man for me, and when he gets me back he just cheats anyway. I would love to have someone to love me how he does without the bad bits.

It must feel terrible to feel that loss of partnership that you felt you had. I really want to have that at some stage in the future. I was on Facebook yesterday and an old school friend had a new baby had been married for a few years and living abroad and I felt like I'm never going to have that sort of life, as I already have dd and now I'm single. And my biggest relationship didn't work out.

But then started thinking, what age do people normally settle down anyway? I'm 28 and where I grew up most people settle down with their first real boyfriend! But I live in london and I think as everyone is so busy they settle much later. That's what I'm hoping anyway. grin

Movingforward123 Sat 09-Mar-13 08:35:05

And thank you all for the advice about my brothers friend I will try to call him today but it's difficult to get any privacy while I'm at my mums! I'm going shopping and thought I might call him while I'm out but i know he will be at work so probably not a good idea hmm

Snapespeare Sat 09-Mar-13 08:44:16

bill hope little-miss-bill is feeling better. smile what you said about not choosing 'this' really resonated. there have been awful, lonely times for all of us, not of our choosing...times when DCs have been with the other parent & we've missed out...I used to burst into tears as thought of ex taking kids out for the day & OW being mistaken for my DCs mum by strangers -I mean, get a grip snape, she was mousy & had no dress sense - my DCs are all startlingly beautiful & look like they've been dragged through a circus wardrobe & then dipped in glitter...they were and are so obviously mine and more importantly, who cares what strangers think?! they're strangers!

it's difficult, because we auto-tune sometimes that were having a shit time, so everyone else must be having a brilliant time, when what is important is that DCs are ok & we work on being ok ourselves, after these shitty things happen, because it's better for DCs if were ok & we miss out if we let other peoples terrible behaviour continue to hurt us so badly that we stop taking chances, meeting new people and carving a new life.

OhWesternWind Sat 09-Mar-13 08:56:34

Exactly Snape which is why I'm here doing what I'm doing with LM, taking a chance, opening up, changing, hoping .... The alternative is easier but for me so much worse. I'm not letting my ex win and carry on mucking up my life into the future. So very happy for you and Nameless and yes your dcs are fabulous and beautiful.

Bill hope your daughter's feeling better today.

Lubey woooooo can't wait to hear about it all!

Off to buy card and present for LM then over to the shop to drop them off. Don't know if I'll see him as he has a load of appointments booked in today yay!!! He's very happy and excited but bricking it.

lubeytoobooby Sat 09-Mar-13 09:26:27

forgot my password and cba to reset it so here's me with a slight namechange. On wifi on the train, eating crisps. all good so far grin and the coffee is actually nice shock

well done to him oww, hope all keeps going well!

lubeytoobooby Sat 09-Mar-13 09:27:27

<waves to the other mumsnetter I can see from my seat on the app>

MirandaWest Sat 09-Mar-13 09:36:31

Hope you're not too booby lubey grin

Have a great time in Scotland - wonder which way you're going up the country - am in York so if it's the east coast way you can zoom past me (sort of). Youre probably going the west coast way now grin.

Children are going climbing up a wall in a bit. They've been with XH a few times (DS said to me that daddy said I should take them there every week. I feel this is a little excessive but I am making An Effort). I don't have to climb the wall luckily. DD thinks her boyfriend may be there (she is 7 and this relationship has been going on for over two years. She got a ring recently grin).

Then were going over to Mr Nices house later to give birthday presents to his DS then I'll get rid of children and mr nice and I will go out for a (group on) meal. And have a nice night. With hopefully some Good Sex. Did have some very successful sex last weekend so it is possible. Am hoping his head isn't too full of other stuff that other parts of his body forget to join in but what will be will be.

Then he's off to America on Monday for a fortnight. Boo sad will be fine though smile

Need to get these children of mine to eat breakfast - at 9 and 7 they channel their inner teenager very well....

MirandaWest Sat 09-Mar-13 09:37:39

You should go and say hello lubey grin

lubeytoobooby Sat 09-Mar-13 09:42:03

Haha. Just in case whoever it is reads this thread, I'm talking about the train that just left crewe and it's me in the blue dress behind you. Boo! PS you have lovely hair. I wish I was brave enough to say hello.

Miranda, I'm getting a lift from Preston this time but on the way back I've got about half an hour at york... come and swig a quick coffee if you want (about 10am I think on the 12th)

lubeytoobooby Sat 09-Mar-13 09:43:44

oh and currently at a size of 38HH/J I am definitely too booby.

StellaBrillante Sat 09-Mar-13 10:56:27

'Morning all! smile

I remember reading a couple of references to the 'Aquarius man'... ike, was that you? Lecturer is confusing me... he goes from asking if I want to go to the theatre on 3rd April to suddenly texting saying that he's organised tickets for local match tomorrow and premiership game for me and ds. But our trip to the cinema tomorrow, which is supposed to be our second date, seems to be very much up in the air - no timings agreed, etc. Me being a 'doer' just want to text him with showing time and say that I will sort out tickets but he's quite old fashioned... So my predicament: sort out time & tickets in order to show that I am interested / not leaving it all to him (a nice thing, right?) or waiting for him to sort it out so that I am not coming across as pushyn / taking the manly thing away from him! What shall I do?

BillMasen Sat 09-Mar-13 11:39:18

Thanks. She's a bit better this morning. A 5am viewing of her favourite film seemed to help (it's Star Wars by the way, and yes, that's probably my fault). I don't like coughs as with the cf it's a constant worry about whether its the start of something more troublesome than the usual childhood sniffles. Not sure with this one yet.....

OhWesternWind Sat 09-Mar-13 11:44:45

Stella just ask him what time you're meeting tomorrow maybe. Can't you buy the tickets when you get there?

Stella for the cinema tomorrow and I would just ask him what time he was thinking of. But, he has organsied tickets for a local match, a premiership game and is asking about the theatre on the 3rd. He needs to calm down, that is way too much too soon. The trips with DS is that just you and DS or with him too? confused

Scrazy Sat 09-Mar-13 12:06:39

Morning, just got up and should be brighter today as I've got lots to do. Giving up smoking again has been so easy but I guess it will affect my mood, subconsciously.

Was so close to texting he who should never be text last night after many glasses of wine. I didn't!!! I have deleted his number again after I added it last night.

Sounding good Snape.

Lubey, I don't have the app as I tend to forget to log out and go over my usage. That's quite a coincidence having someone on the train on mumsnet. I know fellow mumsnetters think this site is so widespread and popular but it is quite small in comparision to the whole community. There isn't anyone around me admits to using it. Have a great time away.

Happy weekend to everyone else.

Bill good to know DD is feeling a little better this morning, Star Wars is excellent you've taught her well smile

Snape sounds like a wonderful evening with you and your boy-friend

Ike this is an advance brew

This thread is not accepting new messages.