Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Advice needed on how to become lost

(55 Posts)
Any14T Fri 08-Mar-13 21:51:35

After years of DV issues and stalking I have come to the conclusion I need to become lost. But I don't know what I have to do so I can't be traced as I have property to sell/chain to then buy again. I need to move and not be traced. I will only be moving a few miles away but will be ok as long as I am unable to be found. What do I need to do to achieve this?

I know someone who is 'lost' after DV issues. I can't elaborate on details but her life was at risk.

I only know her by the name she uses now. She moved away from the area where the incidents occurred. Her DCs also have 'new' names.

However, the background is a little different, and there were witnesses to stalking/threats/harassment, and I believe the police were involved.

Wishing you much luck in becoming untraceable, Any

slambang Sun 10-Mar-13 12:52:52

To add to the 'to do' list:

A Mner recently had her address given away to her abusive ex by a loose-lipped doctor's receptionist. e.g.
EX: I'm Alfie Smith's father. Date of birth XYZ, phoning to enquire about his tests.
Receptionist: Oh is that Alfie Smith of 9 Secret Terrace, Nowhereton?
Ex: Why, yes it is. Thanks. angry

Although the receptionist was clearly completely breaking every rule of data protection the surgery didn't respond to the complaint with much concern and just said she wasn't flagged on the system as a security concern.

Just to be on the safe side I'd make very sure that yours and your dcs' GPs surgeries, schools, workplaces etc have a note on their records that info must not be given to anybody except you.

And good luck.

ImperialBlether Sun 10-Mar-13 13:41:09

OP, how much would you get for your house if you sold it? Personally I would change my name and emigrate. I couldn't bear the stress that you're going through.

Can't Women's Aid give you advice on disappearing?

Any14T Sun 10-Mar-13 15:25:24

No GB smile

Thanks MrsC for the luck I think I need it trying to disappear!

Esp with these receptionists....slam same happened when DC was born had big message up to say I was not at the hospital...Nurse comes up 'Your DH is on the phone he wants to know how you and baby are doing?'
Me: sad angry <sobbing>

IB WA can only help if in rented accomadation....tried MP, council, WA, Police, solicitor in past. I own nearly 50% enough to get 1 bedroom at a squeeze.

DeafLeopard Mon 11-Mar-13 10:29:07

Ah I've just recognised your story. You poor thing, this situation is just awful for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now