Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DH unsupportive after long day

(29 Posts)
pineapplesherbert Fri 08-Mar-13 21:39:07

DH came home from work to find me in tears after long day looking after LO. He yelled at me to grow up and went to bed without saying goodnight and refused to make up with me when I went in, raising his voice as if to wake the baby. I am so furious.
That is all.

Lucyellensmum95 Fri 08-Mar-13 22:25:41

FWIW OP, my DP really does not know how to cope when i am upset and he can become quite hard and unsympathetic. Its not becaues he doesn't care - its because I have put him trhough alot and im upset ALOT. However raising his voice was way out of order.

I'd not say anymore tonight, let him sulk - talk to him tomorrow after hopefully a nights sleep. Could he have been really stressed too? ~Not making excuses. If he does this alot then he needs a kick somewhere sensitive

coffeeismywine Fri 08-Mar-13 22:26:04

OP your husband has not behaved in a decent way. Can you try to talk to him in the morning when things are less fraught?

I am sorry that my drawing attention to the word you used derailed the thread but I felt it was a horrible word that was disablist. I should have merely reported and not posted what I did on the thread.

coffeeismywine Fri 08-Mar-13 22:26:43

x-post with ScottyDog and LucyEllen

TranceDaemon Fri 08-Mar-13 23:18:58

My abusive ex used to do this to me, always when I was upset or vulnerable.

Note 'abusive and note 'ex'. It is not normal to do this OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now