Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating thread 44

(1000 Posts)
lubeybooby Fri 01-Mar-13 09:46:59

Here we go - all dating chat here!

lubeybooby Fri 01-Mar-13 11:49:14

Juliette I have no idea what's going on, but I like it! Having a very slightly flity email convo now with Mr S (Scotland nice young man as mentioned earlier)

lubeybooby Fri 01-Mar-13 11:49:24

flirty*

and yes you are wonderful, kind, loving and have handled this really well, and of course you are going to stay strong here.

OhWesternWind Fri 01-Mar-13 11:51:36

Ha Lubey fun times!

Thank you all so much (again). Honestly don't know what I'd do without you.

lubeybooby Fri 01-Mar-13 11:52:57

Wish I could send you emergency supplies OWW. Whereabouts are you?

Hello!

Just popping in to say I meet someone on POF 3 week ago and its going great! He is lovely and hes not a weirdo either like the rest grin

lubeybooby Fri 01-Mar-13 11:53:33

oh and FAB news on the grammar school place! grin

lubeybooby Fri 01-Mar-13 11:54:20

Hello SPs - nice one! What's he like then? wink

WarmFuzzyFun Fri 01-Mar-13 12:09:56

OWW, what Lubey said: 'OWW what snape said, you've handled this brilliantly in the face of such a shit time too. You are brilliant and you are absolutely worthy of far better treatment. So keep holding out (as you already are) til you get it. I really admire you.'

And fantastic news re: grammar school place, it must be a relief for yousmile

Hes younger! Only by a year though. Has custody if his daughter, works and has his own place. He has taken me and the toddler out few times with him and his daughter. Hes booked Peppa Pig World for all four of us in 2 week too.

He is great tbh. I doesn't feel awkward or that its only been a few week if seeing each other

WarmFuzzyFun Fri 01-Mar-13 12:19:04

Oh, and good afternoon! Yet again I have been chasing this threat and only just caught up with all the events.

SP, it all sounds lovely, enjoy!

Snape and Velvet smile

And Lubey - girl I want some, share envy. Remember to pace yourself, and get some energy drinks in the cupboard, you may need them wink

I have well and truly broken my vows, and have been up to my usual.

lubeybooby Fri 01-Mar-13 12:23:03

How lovely SPs! He sounds nice and really glad it's going well for you. It's all much easier believe it or not when you have little DC.

WFF grin

I had a look in the POF forum and found it scary. Could someone tell me where it's sane?

VelvetSpoon Fri 01-Mar-13 13:04:26

Western, fwiw you've handled this perfectly I think. You've made your point in a v dignified way. I know I wouldn't have done it anywhere near as well.

Lubey, yet another man! shock I am impressed (actually make that envious, I attract lots of men but invariably ones I don't want…like bloke from school who despite still being on holiday sent me a msg asking if I wanted to skype with him….erm, no!)

I have a whole weekend with absolutely nothing to do. Haven't had one of those since before Xmas. Seems weird, though I should probably just enjoy it smile can't help wishing a little bit I was seeing C though. Oh well.

Velvet of course you will wish you are seeing Cuthbert, he will reappear at some point. I've had a couple of weekends with nothing planned. I joined some MeetUp groups and will be going for a Group Walk on Sunday shock which for some reason I am feeling a bit shy about.

juliette I find the forums can be quite amusing if you pick the right thread. And very often it affirms various beliefs in OD and how lots of people find it shit etc. And occasionally you can see someone who you think is reasonable and start up a chat with and who knows....

OWW - Your text was spot on and I agree with what lubey said also

48howdidthathappen Fri 01-Mar-13 13:49:02

OWW I so sorry LM has let you down (((hugs))) really shitty of him.

You have handled it with dignity. You have class.

Ball most definately in his court.

Snapespeare Fri 01-Mar-13 14:07:12

i asked nameless 'when would suit'

he responsed, 'birthday suit - any time'

it's wrong to leave work now isn't it.... ?

lubeybooby Fri 01-Mar-13 15:26:53

No snape. No it isn't, fly my pretty!

Velv I don't know what's happening shock but I'm gonna make hay while the sun shines, or something! grin

OWW hope you're ok

OhWesternWind Fri 01-Mar-13 15:27:38

Should I just let him stew? Nothing since the text saying that I was right with what I said last night. Don't really know what that means in terms of what, if anything, he's going to do about things.

What he has not said: sorry, I'll make things right, I love you, how are you feeling, let's meet up and sort this out.

He has his boys this weekend so bad timing for meeting up even if he was going to suggest it.

I hate this waiting. Would rather just talk and sort it out.

OhWesternWind Fri 01-Mar-13 15:32:30

Hope you've gone, Snape!

Snapespeare Fri 01-Mar-13 15:37:12

still here ... going soon. grin

OWW he's admitted that you're right and is probably in an ultra-low place now, so it might not be the right time for him to talk about it and it won't be a productive talk if he feels corralled into it...so because of that, I'd wait just now - possibly send a text tomorrow if you haven't heard from him, because he might need some space to acclimatise.

OhWesternWind Fri 01-Mar-13 15:39:03

Go, woman, what's wrong with you?

Snapespeare Fri 01-Mar-13 15:51:40

work.... but i've actually worked myself into a place of hysteria given we have enjoyed a productive afternoon running our photos through a celebrity face matching app and I AM BEYONCE!

hmm

ordinarybloke Fri 01-Mar-13 15:53:08

oww-sorry to hear about LM.he is being very selfish,but might be feeling v.low and thinking everything is against him at the moment. i would give it a couple of days,but then tell him that this cannot happen again,otherwise it will be over.

and congrats on your daughter and the school-it shows what a great parent you are.I am sure your dad would have been very proud.

This thread is not accepting new messages.