Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Virtual Circle of Friends

(345 Posts)
MillyMollyMandy78 Thu 28-Feb-13 10:18:12

On my last post about a lack of friends, so many of you reached out with your own stories/ support/ advice. Several of you also said it would be great if we had our own thread where we can just meet up and have a chat and be virtual friends.
I apologise about the boring thread name - I couldn't think of anything cleverer! So this is me reaching out... Who wants to join me & be my virtual friend? X

TheBrocoliIsStillRaw Sat 23-Mar-13 16:40:58

Thank you all little Brocoli is much better today. He has been making cakes with Daddy this afternoon although he didn't want to eat them so not quite a 100% yet. I know what you mean about the extra cuddles though I made the most of them yesterday when he sat on my knee all day. I think a hip flask might be a bit too naughty Monster best wait till you get home. Hope that foot is better soon Threebats

I'm hoping the snow clears tomorrow I think we are all going a bit stir crazy stuck in the house. Hope your all having a lovely weekend.

Lins156 Sat 23-Mar-13 18:24:03

Hi

I'm new here and this group sounds interesting.....I'm still laughing over the toilet roll post ( no offence to the person) I have an iPad too! I'm a single mum to 3, 2 adults, and a 14 year old who has Asperger's syndrome. I'm in a relationship, but don't know if I should be in it or not.....look forward to getting to know some of you

xxDebstarxx Sat 23-Mar-13 18:33:45

Hello Lins welcome to the VCF smile. I am waiting to hear if my son is on the list to be assessed for Aspergers or if we are going to have to wait even longer!
Weekend is gradually going downhill. I don't ask for much but do expect to be spoken to nicely in my own home! I wouldn't tolerate this from my own!

Glad to hear little Brocoli is feeling better. Did you eat the cakes for him?
Rest that foot threebats or you'll be out of action much longer.
Monster I hope the party went well.

TheBrocoliIsStillRaw Sat 23-Mar-13 18:57:11

Welcome to the group Lins look forward to getting to know you. I have now devoured most of the cake Deb t'was very nice. Feeling very stuffed now. Sorry your having a rubbish weekend. Well DB phoned at 8am and told little Brocoli he was going to come round and build a snowman in the garden. Well despite numerous calls saying he would be round soon he didn't turn up. Little Brocoli has jumped up very excited every time a car has pulled up. Despite several attempts at distracting him he has been rather upset all day. He is only 2 so although he understands when someone says they will come round or take him out he can't understand why they don't then do what they say, so although it is in fact his uncle who is a grade A twat its me who looks like the bad guy sad. And breath sorry rant over.

threebats Sun 24-Mar-13 06:00:08

Oh a new vcf! Welcome lins I have a 19 year old with Aspergers & High End Autism - you, Deb and I can all lament about how we walk past the young person, touch their shoulder absentmindedly then get the reaction of, you burned them with a hot poker, the face of death while you are told, 'I do not like it when you touch me...' Heartbreaking really. I want a cuddle - he wants to wrapped up in bubble wrap and never, ever touched... Sigh...
Foot in agony - no swelling, no bruising, can wiggle toes. But agony. Up at 5am this morning as could not sleep or get comfy through the pain. Spent yesterday evening with it elevated up the back of the couch, daughter put bag of frozen peas on it - I nearly shot through the roof - its cold enough thanks! Bag of frozen peas on foot when its flipping freezing anyhow - nutter. Made her get the cheesecake out of the fridge and fetch me a huge plate full as punishment grin
brocoli Sorry you have a brother who behaves in that way - some people are very thoughtless, did you get the snowman made in the end or not bother?
It was light this morning at 5.45 - guess it must be Spring - could somebody please inform the weather of this fact?
deb Can you get out at weekends? Go off and have a coffee somewhere? Just escape for an hour?
x

TheBrocoliIsStillRaw Sun 24-Mar-13 15:19:16

We gave it up as a bad job Threebats everything we suggested he wanted to do it with DB was a very frustrating day. Hope that foot is feeling better.

threebats Mon 25-Mar-13 07:22:21

brocoli Making snowmen is over rated, particularly when you've no heating to come back indoors to. I bet you have had a miserable weekend, a broken boiler is miserable - Its the lack of hot water as well - its horrible. Here is hoping that gas man comes back with the part today and we hear later that you've been rolling about in a heated house in your bikini just because you can, snow outside and all!
Foot is marginally okay today, limping less like a 90 year old and more like a 60 year old... Less of a stoop to it!
deb How are you today?

Monstermuncher Mon 25-Mar-13 12:56:22

Heat! We have heat! I could've snogged the engineer in joy. (I didn't, I promise). Deep, hot baths all round later this eve for the slightly grubby monsterfamily...

Monstergirl's birthday party went well, fun was had by all and no one ended up in casualty which is always a bonus. And I got through it without the aid of anything stronger than a cappucino.

Sorry to hear about your injury threebats. I had a similar thing myself a couple of months back so I can sympathise. Suggest you lie back on the sofa and ring a little bell when you need anything. Didn't work for me but you never know.

Hi Lins - welcome!

Brocoli and Debstar - I hope all is well with you

Right - I'm off to dig out my bikini and sip cocktails whilst I roll around in the warmth. However I will make sure I close the curtains first so the neighbours don't need therapy in later life

TheBrocoliIsStillRaw Mon 25-Mar-13 15:08:45

I agree completly Threebats building snowmen is completley overrated, I did however have heating. I think it was poor Monster who had the broken boiler [waves] at Monster. Glad the boiler is fixed and Monster girl had a good day.

threebats Tue 26-Mar-13 08:55:25

Apologies brocoli.
As speculated last week, it seems the whisper today is that energy bills are to increase by 200.00 next year thanks to the cold weather snap now and the low reserves. One day, that's all it took for this huge increase to be bartered about by the energy companies - passing it onto the consumer while they continue on reaping in millions and millions of pounds in profit. I can't begin to even think how many people, myself included, will no longer be using central heating as a result of this. I have only had mine on for 3 hours per evening this winter - as I work from home but not to the point I pay tax - I have no allowance for heating in my expenses. I sit in a house below 0 degrees on a daily basis and work to being in pennies to support my kids through college and onto Uni.
I fully understand the difficulty with gas supply and rising cost because of that - I absolutely flat out can not stomach the huge profits these companies are raking in while people sit about, in 2013 - too cold to move, unable to heat a home and it being warmer outside than it is inside.
What I would like, is next winter, we force the politicians into having an energy allowance for the entire winter - only so much money to pay for their heat and hot water. For them and their families. Lets see how, by this time next year, they are justifying the cost then and how angry they are that they have watched their children freezing cold for months on end.

threebats Tue 26-Mar-13 09:46:12

Hey vcf's....
This will be my last post on the forum.
It really is not the place for me.
I wanted to come back on here and say to you all, Deb, Monster, Brocoli and Molly - I wish you all the very best in life and its been lovely chatting with you the last few weeks.
Take care all.
x

xxDebstarxx Tue 26-Mar-13 10:24:58

Oh no I'm sad that you are going threebats your posts have been a highpoint of my day. I hope all is well with you and yours x

TheBrocoliIsStillRaw Tue 26-Mar-13 11:09:26

Really sorry to hear that Threebats will really miss you. Best of look with everything xx

xxDebstarxx Tue 26-Mar-13 20:57:42

Hi everyone. I'm having a bit of a mare at the moment. I'm in a bad mood, stressed over lack of money, problems with my kids and problems with my boyfriend's kids, sick of hearing how fantastic my brother and sister are too. Aaaaahhhhhhh I just wish life was easy sometimes.

And breathe.....

I hope you are all having good days smile

TheBrocoliIsStillRaw Tue 26-Mar-13 21:11:10

Sorry your having such a rubbish time Deb life really can be pooh sometimes can't it? I'm determined april will be a good month for me. I hope it will for you too.

xxDebstarxx Wed 27-Mar-13 13:57:20

Me too Brocoli

In fact, I'm going to make sure of it!!! I'm going to stop wallowing and get on and do something. I will go out when I'm feeling suffocated at home with other people's children instead of letting it get to me! And...I'm going to be proactive in getting more work.

I might need a virtual kick up the bum occasionally!

TheBrocoliIsStillRaw Wed 27-Mar-13 14:09:29

Well Deb I will virtually kick you up the bum if you do the same for me. I will get out the house more spent more "quality" time with my little family. Start my diet and most importantly I will make sure that incomings and outgoings balance this month.

xxDebstarxx Wed 27-Mar-13 14:58:03

Okay...mutual bum kicking it is wink

TheBrocoliIsStillRaw Wed 27-Mar-13 15:53:39

Well just picked up DS from playschool they had a photographer in the otherday and the pics are lovely there £30 though so will have to try and scrape that back from somwhere may have to ebay some of his old things. Probably a good reason to declutter.

He made a lovely easter basket too, some cowbag made a comment because he had picked a pink one and said she wouldn't have been happy and the staff should have told him to pick a differnt colour. WTF? He is 2 I don't give a shiny shite what bloody colour I'm just proud of the lovely basket he has made.

xxDebstarxx Wed 27-Mar-13 19:30:50

Oh photo's when they are little are so sweet! Now mine are teens they are the same as me when a camera is in the vicinity.

Next time the cowbag makes a comment just tell her real men can handle pink.

TheBrocoliIsStillRaw Wed 27-Mar-13 22:04:58

I love that reply Deb will remember that one. I hate photos of me DS on the other hand is a little poser.

Monstermuncher Thu 28-Mar-13 20:10:23

Oh no, threebats has gone..
Hello Debstar and Brocoli. I like your positive thinking, hope all is well with you

TheBrocoliIsStillRaw Thu 28-Mar-13 20:49:41

Hi monster how are you? Continuing with the positive thinking here. Dp is on his way home from work now and not back till tue. I'm determined that we are going to have a lovely family weekend.

xxDebstarxx Fri 29-Mar-13 20:32:18

Hi Monster and Brocoli I hope you have fabulous weekends with your families.

I have a confession to make...

I have failed at the positive thinking. I am sat here dreading the whole weekend. I just want to hibernate.

TheBrocoliIsStillRaw Sat 30-Mar-13 08:33:28

Oh Deb here is a virtual kick up the bum from me. We are nearly half way through it now. End is in sight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now