Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating Thread 43

(1000 Posts)
WarmFuzzyFun Sat 23-Feb-13 17:27:28

Here it is...

micshi Sat 23-Feb-13 21:19:55

I had beautiful eyes from Mr.Greek yesterday! grin

StellaBrillante Sat 23-Feb-13 21:21:51

Hi Bant - it must be very hard but it seems like you've got a set pattern / regularity there which is important both for you and for the children.

Bant Sat 23-Feb-13 21:22:45

Also, gangnam style has been translated into Hungarian. I have learned something

KinNora Sat 23-Feb-13 21:23:24

See, Mischi, some men think we're daft ...

KinNora Sat 23-Feb-13 21:23:52

Are you dancing, Bant ?

Bant Sat 23-Feb-13 21:24:52

I am not. I am British, and not yet drunk enough

VelvetSpoon Sat 23-Feb-13 21:25:00

I get told what big eyes I have.

It makes me feel like the wolf from Red Riding Hood hmm

Or what amazing curves I have.

Which frankly is no better.

I hate all that you're so beautiful, you're stunning, you're hot blahblah. C said last night 'You look really lovely' and that meant much more than effusive meaningless comments.

I really have got it bad for him blush. bloody hope it works out...

Kin what cocktails are you drinking? I love cocktails. I've got sparkling water...tis not the same!

AndLibbyMakesThree Sat 23-Feb-13 21:28:34

I love cocktails too... but instead I have a cup of tea. On a Saturday evening. Oh the excitement.

VelvetSpoon Sat 23-Feb-13 21:29:29

Western, he will call back. he is probably putting stuff away and cleaning his paintbrushes (unlike my Ex who used to chuck his away after painting because he was too lazy to bother cleaning them!)

The hand is still here smile

KinNora Sat 23-Feb-13 21:31:46

Velvet, oh aye, I think some of them reckon that large breasts and brains are mutually exclusive.
I'm on M&S pre-mixed cosmos - vair nice and surprisingly potent.
I hope Cuthbert comes up trumps, fingers crossed.

Oh g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan Bant, your saucy moves might draw Blondie to you like a moth to a flame.

Bant Sat 23-Feb-13 21:41:53

I have no saucy moves. I do a bloody amazing YMCA but unfortunately no one has chosen that song.

One more beer and I might do.

The problem with Budapest is that the women are pretty much all beautiful. I can look around this place and.. Hang on.. Of the 35 women here I'd say 3 of them were a 'no'. A 'no' for me is fairly common, below a '6' if you want to assign numbers. I'm a scientist , I like to assign numbers, which I know is wrong but you've got to have some way of deciding who to talk to. I avoid the 10s, focus on the 7-9s. I'd say I'm a 6 and a half, maybe a 7 and a half. It's subjective.

So. All the women are great. But unfortunately so are the men. Bloody bilingual cultured beefcakes.

Arse

Flipper924 Sat 23-Feb-13 21:44:04

Another beer, Bant? I think you should get drunk, sing something of Robbie Williams, and then try chatting up the blonde. Sorry you're finding it tough being away from home so much.

Don't avoid the 10s Bant, the 10s often get missed as men assume they won't be interested.

ike1 Sat 23-Feb-13 21:47:06

Bloody hell Bant you lost me there, love, bandying the numbers about no good for a dyscalculia sufferer like me...

VelvetSpoon Sat 23-Feb-13 21:47:38

Ooh, Kin those M&S Cosmos are fab, I've been known to indulge in the odd one or three

I really hope C does too. Fingers crossed, but what will be etc smile

micshi Sat 23-Feb-13 21:47:43

How long did you try for & how many 1st dates on average did you have to do before you met someone you wanted to carry on dating with?

ike1 Sat 23-Feb-13 21:48:59

See if I was there Bant I wouldnt be able stop making an exhibition of myself. You'd be sitting there thinking what is that 5.5 woman with frozen brows doing?????

Bant Sat 23-Feb-13 21:49:40

The 10s are usually being pestered by a bunch of blokes. That's where OD is unfair, it doesn't show you who is receiving 30 messages a day and who's getting 5. I'm modest enough to know I can stand out from 5 other blokes, but not 30.

The blonde, incidentally, is possibly a 9 and a half

OhWesternWind Sat 23-Feb-13 21:49:50

Still nothing. Oh crap crap crap.

ike1 Sat 23-Feb-13 21:51:50

Dont worry OWW...just try to relax a bit tonight.

OhWesternWind Sat 23-Feb-13 21:51:52

I am going to bed. Can't be arsed with today any more.

VelvetSpoon Sat 23-Feb-13 21:53:34

Western <squeezy hand>

Micshi, I'm probably not the best person to comment, I was spectacularly unsuccessful at OD, I have been doing it on and off since 2009. Until last November, I never got past a 1st date. I probably had 20-30 dates maybe (seemed like so many more!) probably two-thirds of those I would have been prepared to see again, but they weren't interested.

Most peoples stats are better than mine smile

AndLibbyMakesThree Sat 23-Feb-13 21:54:30

Oh Western that's disappointing. Did he know you wanted to talk about something in particular and that it was important for him to phone back?

Bant Sat 23-Feb-13 21:54:34

OWW. I'll give you directions to the karaoke bar smile

Bant Sat 23-Feb-13 21:57:18

Micshi

My first 3 dates were nonstarters, my 4th went to a second date with talk of a 3rd but she disappeared. I was dating for 4 months before I got to a 3rd (and 6th) date. She turned out to be scarymad.

Still single and kind of on the sofa after a 6 month thing on match.com

This thread is not accepting new messages.