Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating Thread 43

(1000 Posts)
WarmFuzzyFun Sat 23-Feb-13 17:27:28

Here it is...

ike1 Mon 25-Feb-13 00:17:10

My age it would seem Voice or maybe my eyesight is dimming

lubeybooby Mon 25-Feb-13 00:17:48

That's true mercury but they don't want to pay for it (I think anyway from what it seems).. I've been on quite a few dates where men say their nightmare anecdotal type messages and dates have been from/with women who turned out to want paying

That's no help! I don't know how old you are and a gentleman never asks.

ike1 Mon 25-Feb-13 00:21:22

I bloody told everyone when it was my birthday...you only noticed belatedly and I am not bloody saying it again...so there...Man...Toblerone is mega sweet!

ike1 Mon 25-Feb-13 00:23:01

Do you think we will all be on this thread in 10 years time still moaning about POF etc etc??

Well, this man who DOESN'T look the same as every other man and still has a full head of hair and all his own teeth is going to bed to get some beauty sleep in the hope of not EVER looking the same as every other man.

There is a London look. Actually it's not true I've only fancied 1, I have seen men i think look attractive my age but they have always turned out to be from the US or Europe. The Europe I can understand (tend to make the most of themselves) but I don't understand the US thing unless its subconsciously teeth or something.

ike1 Mon 25-Feb-13 00:24:59

You'd better get some of that eyebag cream on then Voice...night!

ike1 Mon 25-Feb-13 00:26:13

What's the London look then Jule? I bet its got nothing to do with Rimmel or Kate Moss!

Indeed. Or people will say I am actually looking my age, rather than the usual guess of 6 or 7 years younger than I am. It's my birthday very soon, damn it. Which means only a year until....sob....40....

Runs off to cry in bed. Night.

voice you could never look the same as every other man, ever! grin

ike1 Mon 25-Feb-13 00:28:00

Dont worry Voice...been there it was ahem er...bearable.

ike1 Mon 25-Feb-13 00:28:48

or bareable

I'll find some samples ike, tba.

ike1 Mon 25-Feb-13 00:34:56

ok Jule..

mercury7 Mon 25-Feb-13 00:45:15

last time i checked dating sites were full of men who want easy no strings one off sex!

mercury7 Mon 25-Feb-13 00:51:00

Lubey I guess all men would say that they wouldnt consider paying for sex..then again I imagine those who do use such services keep fairly quiet about it...

mercury7 Mon 25-Feb-13 00:52:36

oops, something funny happened to my phone, excuse the duplicated post!

VelvetSpoon Mon 25-Feb-13 01:16:38

Gosh everyone has been busy today!

I have spent the last 2 hours trying to finish DS2s homework (a motte and bailey castle) delivered here at 11pm by the Evil Ex, with a text 'can you ensure finished by tomorrow pls' hmm

This is on the back of a days wedding discussion with friends. Am bloody shattered now.

I did get a text from C though. Thanking me for Friday (he is so polite - I was telling my friends how he always stands up when I get to the pub which they thought showed v good manners!) and saying he had a great time. So am smile

Lets hope this is a good week for everyone!

micshi Mon 25-Feb-13 06:50:50

I was out all evening, only to find another message from Mr.Greek on the website asking why I hadn't replied. He told me not to bother! I don't know whether to tell him what I think or not. My main worry is that I'll bump into him in the street as he lives fairly close! I'm not going to date anyone in the same part of London as me again!

micshi - looks like we were right about your lovely date! Dodged a bullet there. He'd already told you via text not to bother when you hadn't replied within his inbuilt time parameter. Why repeat himself on the website.

Some people would say reply with something along the lines of "Well, I didn't get a chance to reply to the text you sent yesterday because I was busy and before I could, you sent one to say 'not to bother'. So I didn't. And I won't" and then block and ignore. Some people would just block and ignore.

SweetSeraphim Mon 25-Feb-13 08:41:33

I wouldn't be able to block him without first giving him some smartass reply I'm afraid! Knob hmm

Sweet - usually I would tend to agree with you, I would find it hard not to give him a bit of the old verbal but as Micshi says he lives fairly close, I'd not take that risk!

Scrazy Mon 25-Feb-13 10:10:10

I think that for some men on the sites they will never get replies or dates. The ones who do have success to get as far as the sweet trolley mentality will have a great photo up with a great profile I would think, or they are just out for sex and are not too fussy.

I have a friend who is on POF and well he's not my type but he isn't hideous, he says he hardly ever gets replies and if it gets to a date the women don't want to take it further.

ike1 Mon 25-Feb-13 10:22:43

Bant must be drop dead gorgeous then...the amount of dates he's had (I wanna have a look at his profile!)

This thread is not accepting new messages.