Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

moments of true happiness

(14 Posts)
raspberyfool Tue 19-Feb-13 19:13:05

Just realised Im actually happy. Its been nearly nine months since xh walked out of the blue and shattered my world and a month since i divorced him for adultery.

My 1 year old dd started waking properly today and did the fantastic piggy snort she does in delight. My eldest dd started making the sound and we all couldn't stop laughing.
And then it hit me Im happy the warm happiness you get sometimes for the first time in years. Yes my xh is an arse lets the girls down and tries to upset me. But do you know what i don't care. I will have rubbish days but like today i will have true happiness too.him leaving was the hardest and upsetting thing to ever happen to me, but the best thing ever to happen to me also.

So if your struggling or having and awful time have hope as i never ever thought i would be happy again but guess what i amgrin

growingroots Tue 19-Feb-13 19:32:50

Love your post smile!

SillyStrokeSensibleMum Tue 19-Feb-13 19:49:27

Good for you OP! Lovely post smile

MolotovCocktail Tue 19-Feb-13 19:53:21

Good for you smile What you say is true x Hooray for happiness!

Adversecamber Tue 19-Feb-13 19:58:37

What a lovely post, good on you

Sunshinewithshowers Wed 20-Feb-13 02:43:33

Its been nearly a month for me, since my partner left. Im having our baby in 9 weeks, I'm so glad I saw this.

Its made me hopeful & Im so happy for you xxxxx

Monty27 Wed 20-Feb-13 02:47:39

It can be done, I'm a single parent too but many years down the line, there's been tough moments, but many many special ones that outweigh any wobbly moments.

Dc's are so rewarding smile smile

Damash12 Wed 20-Feb-13 04:22:31

Ahh great post, may you continue to have many many more days like today. X

raspberyfool Wed 20-Feb-13 18:29:22

Thanks i hope it continues too. I just look back to what i was and how far I've gone. Just wish i had known in the dark days that i would be happy one day. I know there is a few more horrible days to come such as when ow meets my girls. But i will be ok i have my girls and we've moulded into a fantastic little family.

HotDAMNlifeisgood Wed 20-Feb-13 20:45:04

love this post; thanks for sharing!

gtedder1 Wed 20-Feb-13 21:19:22

Beautiful. I am happy for you. Stay happy. xxxxsmile

happybubblebrain Wed 20-Feb-13 21:25:03

Congratulations.
I had the same feeling too after becoming a single mum, plus a huge sense of relief and freedom. It is great when you come out the other side.
Make the most of all your happy moments.

Concentrateonthegood Wed 20-Feb-13 21:25:34

Bless you. You are indeed proof positive that life goes on. An excellent post for anyone wondering whether they will ever feel ok again. We all do :-)

PepeLePew Wed 20-Feb-13 21:29:40

You'll have more and more days like these, and fewer and fewer low ones. Being a single parent is so tough but so rewarding when you share those private moments of pure joy with your children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now