Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Here we go again. Dating thread 42

(1000 Posts)

Evening all. As you were.

Movingforward123 Sat 16-Feb-13 18:41:05

scrazy I think counselling is a good idea anyway! So might be worth looking into it!

ike1 Sat 16-Feb-13 18:41:36

No I am calling him The Kidd...tall and waif like...

Movingforward123 Sat 16-Feb-13 18:41:41

So have you got dcs tonight? Or are you home alone?

ike1 Sat 16-Feb-13 18:43:13

He looks like the complete opposite of TR... who was built like a bouncer and used to scare people just by looking at them...

48howdidthathappen Sat 16-Feb-13 18:47:07

I have missed this Ike The Kidd. Have fixed up a date?

scrazy 2 months isn't very long. Just more time needed.

Scrazy Sat 16-Feb-13 18:50:19

Thanks all, I will give it more time to snap out of it.

ike1 Sat 16-Feb-13 18:50:53

48...he has suggested we meet up when I am free...he also works shifts. I reckon the best approach is to be quite casual ...he is considerably younger than me ...I will chat to him for a bit first and maybe meet up in a week or so. I have noticed he is on chat alot so it may be that he is sorting out alot of potential dates. I think I will try to set up a few too.

ike1 Sat 16-Feb-13 18:52:12

Scary I havent dated for about 4 months wanted to get some space between myself and Torso Rubber...

grinchie Sat 16-Feb-13 18:53:19

scrazy try the counselling but do know it was his idiocy, not anything that you did wrong.
'Snap out of it' is being tough on yourself. Be nice!

moving can DD go to a friend after school and you could meet him then?
I would beg a sympathetic parent!

Scattylatte Sat 16-Feb-13 18:58:37

Hi all
I'm in tonight but I'd rather be out. My out friend is working and I Cba making the effort to visit anyone else.
Feeling a bit glum and not sure why. Apart from the usual work strains life is ok - good even so I need to snap out of it.
Seeing fireman on Tuesday and that's good. It's a sort of semi casual thing but he has said he has become very fond of me and he does seem to be. I've started to really like him but that brings the usual angst with it. Part of me thinks I have the potential to ruin it by being too cool. He has told me he worries that I'm about to dump him and he says he feels needy at times. Strangely I think the same and I'm not sure still about his feelings for the ex wife.

ike1 Sat 16-Feb-13 18:59:30

Soz SCRAZY re counselling..huge advocate here...but take time to find the right therapist..

VelvetSpoon Sat 16-Feb-13 19:00:24

Grinchie, he definitely wasn't a boyfriend at school, my dad forbade me from having a boyfriend before uni, and told me all the boys at school and in our town were beneath me and to ignore them...which is basically what I did!

Scrazy, I also think you may need to give it more time, keeping busy (not necessarily dating but just doing stuff) tends to help too. You will get there evebtually smile

48howdidthathappen Sat 16-Feb-13 19:42:07

ike A young un grin Don't alot of men seem to have the chat thing? I never had it turned on.

Scatty Bloody feelings are a PITA.

WarmFuzzyFun Sat 16-Feb-13 19:49:39

Hi to everyone.

Thread 42 already, man alive, we do know how to talk though!

I am okay, last week we exciting, DTD with lovely man. It was surprisingly good, although I think the fact that it was so good (I keep getting flashbacks of how good) has scared me...We shall see, how things proceed from here on.

Anyway,

back to the shadows for me...smile

Big love to you all.

WarmFuzzyFun x

WarmFuzzyFun Sat 16-Feb-13 19:50:18

duh! last week was exciting

mercury7 Sat 16-Feb-13 19:51:08

I am about to have a 'skype coffee' not exactly a date but I'll put on some lipstick & wear a nice top over my pj's

mercury7 Sat 16-Feb-13 19:52:04

sex flashbacks are very distracting!

WarmFuzzyFun Sat 16-Feb-13 19:55:37

Ya know M.

Hope 'skype coffee' produces results.

I am getting those almost orgasm feelings when I get those flashbacks

mercury7 Sat 16-Feb-13 20:04:21

s'pose it's the female version of the 'wank bank' (horrid phrase!)

Movingforward123 Sat 16-Feb-13 20:05:10

grinchie I'm not really close enough with any of the school mums to ask them, also he works don't would probably be too late for dd to be out by the time I met him.

Well he is going to come over tonight, I'm feeling abit nervous because like I said before, I have wobbly bits as certain positions we do make me feel very wobbly!

The other thing is (sorry maybe too much information) he takes ages to come, which I like but I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't find me that attractive confused I know all guys are different, but as I was drunk the last two times I can't exactly remember but I don't think he came atall!! As we were having sex for hours and hours and for ages again in the morning!

Someone please tell me something to make me feel better blush

OhWesternWind Sat 16-Feb-13 20:06:15

I love sex flashbacks - rather prone to them when driving for some reason.

Who's this with Mercury?

Scrazy I've found counselling to be a mixed bag. The one I have at the moment is nice, we have a good old gossip which can get things off my chest, but I don't know if it actually helps. I think probably that posting on here and some PMs with people who have a lot if insight has helped just as much, as has writing things down in my notebook. But I've always been a writing-orientated person, did exam revision by writing my notes out (shorthand!) six times etc so this works really well for me, maybe something else will be better for you.

mercury7 Sat 16-Feb-13 20:10:43

oh he can fuck off.. we said 8pm he texted @ 10 past to say he'd be on at 8.30

OhWesternWind Sat 16-Feb-13 20:14:13

Moving really,don't worry about The wobbly bits! I have some nice underwear capable of hiding my stomach (which is my worst bit) - if it's something that really does bother you then that might help. But I am 100% sure he's not bothered about it at all, he's just enjoying being with you and can't believe how lucky he is.

WarmFuzzyFun Sat 16-Feb-13 20:14:41

It's like that Mercury eh? wink

Time, tide and Mercury wait for no man.

WarmFuzzyFun Sat 16-Feb-13 20:16:27

I have to make a big effort not to think of him and our shenanigans while driving OWW

This thread is not accepting new messages.