Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Here we go again. Dating thread 42

(1000 Posts)

Evening all. As you were.

Scrazy Sat 16-Feb-13 17:40:41

I thought someone pointed out that the in joke titles annoyed people on mumsnet so stick to plain titles.

Also some of the stuff in the old titles brought undesirables, that how we all ended up on here grin.

With all the interest some people have been getting, Scrazy, I'd say there are fewer undesirables than there once were!

Scrazy Sat 16-Feb-13 17:49:23

Yep, just me left now!

lubeybooby Sat 16-Feb-13 17:49:24

Mercury they were getting so obscure it was winding people up seeing them in active convos, and also making us look cliquey. As the thread is my baby I don't want us being relegated to OTBT like the quiches and it's important that we are visible for the poor souls out there about to throw themselves into the shark pit...

Scrazy Sat 16-Feb-13 17:51:22

Oh, gosh I didn't mean undesirables as in no-one wants us. Put's spade back and gets coat.

I know, Scrazy, just pullng your leg

Tamoo Sat 16-Feb-13 18:00:05

I wasn't criticising the title at all, 'Here we go again' is what I'm thinking every time I log into PoF: hmm

smile

Tamoo - I know you weren't. But yes, dating is all about trying again until we get it right (hopefully)

KirstyWirsty Sat 16-Feb-13 18:07:01

Marking my spot

I am spending the weekend treading on eggshells round my passive agressive mother who is as sick of me and DD living with her as we are of being there!! sad

Ah well hot date with Mr Cheeky next Friday to look forward to grin

Movingforward123 Sat 16-Feb-13 18:07:15

scrazy I know how you feel, I have been feeling really lonely since Christmas time actually hmm I don't have any good advice but I know how you feel xxx

So like I said a few days ago my brothers friend asked me out for valentines but I didn't have a babysitter, he has just asked me what I'm doing tonight as he said he will take me out another time!

I am feeling pissed off about my childcare situation, basically my sister can have dd or dd's dad, but that equals to about once or twice a month for a sleepover maximum. I stopped my dd from staying at my mums as my mum has a partner and they were all sleeping in the same bed which I thought was not an ideal situation for my dd. So now I can't go out as often as I would like and it is a pain in the bum hmm

So I'm not sure if I should just tell my brothers friend to just come over to mine once dd is in bed, but I would much rather go out. I could ask my sister to have dd, but I hats having to ask her favours hmm

Scrazy Sat 16-Feb-13 18:11:24

Moving, do you want to see him? If so then I would invite him over explaining that you would prefer to go out. How old is your DD? I used to get round this by getting boyfriends to come out for tea with us and if he had kids to bring them along then spend the rest of the evening together when DD went to bed.

Movingforward123 Sat 16-Feb-13 18:17:27

I would like to see him, dd is 5 but I can't let her see him, as she knows he's my brothers friend and I havnt told my brother yet so it's all top secret at the moment!! Or else she will tell my brother he came over!

Scrazy Sat 16-Feb-13 18:18:51

Can I ask if anyone has had counseling? I've never had it but I could do with someone to talk to. It's about the player ex, I am not getting over him at all, it's getting worse rather than better. I'm not a mess crying and all that and am OKish when distracted but I carn't get him out of my mind. It's been a long time since I've felt like this. Do I just need time?

Scrazy Sat 16-Feb-13 18:20:22

Then you've no choice, invite him over and have a great night.

chuchiface Sat 16-Feb-13 18:25:28

scrazy how long has it been?

I've had my first cancellation - do I get a star? sigh...

lubeybooby Sat 16-Feb-13 18:28:21

Scrazy, are you completely no contact with him including no ggogling no facebook etc? If so then yes it's just time needed

Scrazy Sat 16-Feb-13 18:30:46

Last time I saw him was just before Christmas so nearly 2 months. It wasn't even a relationship according to him.

Scrazy Sat 16-Feb-13 18:31:55

Yes, Lubey, we never communicated online, he doesn't do that. So complete no contact.

Movingforward123 Sat 16-Feb-13 18:32:28

How long has it been since you broke up? And how long were you together? My dds dad cheated on me alot and I have a lot of issues with men. I go to counselling but it brings up a lot of issues, I also have quite a crap family so discuss that alot which is apparently where all my issues came from originally. I think it's defiantly a good idea especially if you are feeling lonely! But it's important to get a counsellor that you feel comfortable with, I had an older lady before that I wouldn't tell much to. But the one I have is great and I tell her everything!

chuchiface Sat 16-Feb-13 18:33:20

2 months is nothing really, I'd give it another couple and try to keep busy with other people.

ike1 Sat 16-Feb-13 18:33:22

Isnt Nomore seeing The Model tonight?

grinchie Sat 16-Feb-13 18:35:34

voice I'm in, on my own with a film. My choice. Ironman is on IM.

velvet I latterly went out with a previous (school) boyfriend - never again!

Ike The Kidd?

Scrazy Sat 16-Feb-13 18:36:58

Moving, was seeing him for 2 years for the occasional date and catch up, then we got much closer for a year, but he was non committal and I fell for the bastard him in the year.

I should have planned to do something tonight, will try not to leave myself lonely again on a weekend, it's not good for me at all.

grinchie Sat 16-Feb-13 18:37:06

Eddie Kidd?

Scrazy Sat 16-Feb-13 18:39:00

Wonder where nomore is too, I thought she was rearranging for last night.

This thread is not accepting new messages.