Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is anyone else sick of being berated by their children for daring to be happy,sing, dance or pretty much breathe

(51 Posts)
ledkr Fri 15-Feb-13 10:20:01

My dd1 who is 11 seems to continuously put me down for anything I do. If I sing in the car she tells me off and I was even moaned at for looking at underwear in asda.
Just now I was dancing with the baby in the lounge and got a great big "mum stop it" then sang a line if "row the boat" to which she raised her voice and sang a louder line.
It sounds stupid but its really getting to me. I am naturally quite loud and muck about a lot which my ds's always found amusing.
She's crying upstairs now because I told her I'm going to be miserable and boring from now on when she's around which included not taking her swimming later in case I'm caught out having fun hmm

Lol! I just do it more and tell them to stop being so boring! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now