Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Being touched sexually whilst asleep and worse please help

(83 Posts)
Wouldbefunnyifitwasnttrue Wed 13-Feb-13 16:23:20

This has gone on for a while but has reached the point where I am frightened to sleep next to him
It has gone from a bit of groping to really nasty aggressive touching and the words spoken make me feel physically sick.

He says the most horrendous things to me.
He is definitely asleep so I don't know what to do but I am scared to go to sleep properly now

Any advice ?

Most people who are interested in the fetish scene are also very keen on consent, not on using it as a justification to abuse a partner. Is this man abusive generally? Because you sound like you are scared of him: some people would say, look DP you are annoying me in the night, stop it, sort it out.

fuckingpamela Fri 15-Feb-13 11:25:11

Do YOU belive him OP? You know him best.
To me - it sounds believeable fro him reaction. If he were lying I think it would play it down, maybe laugh and try to brush it off.

However, he needs to see it through with the GP. I hope you can come through this and you can forgive him. IF you believe him thanks

MarinaIvy Fri 15-Feb-13 16:25:30

Am I the only one wondering confused WTF, a house with absolutely nothing in the way of spare blankets?

Selba Fri 15-Feb-13 16:29:25

me too Marina. I could spare enough to bed down an army

Yeah marina cus that's the main issue here isn't it ?
FFS

I think marina's pointing out that this is a bit of a weak excuse. If he showed any commitment to getting this sorted he'd sleep under a coat and keep his clothes on, instead of somehow persuading OP that he can't possibly manage another night on the sofa.

Selba Sat 16-Feb-13 01:13:31

Marina is merely pointing out the very obvious temporary solution of one partner sleeping elsewhere

sandiy Sat 16-Feb-13 08:34:58

This probably is nt help ful in real terms but may explain where the idea stems from.There is a fifty shades style book called bared to you out at the moment where the handsome hero type has this condition.He attacks heroine while she is asleep. Utter twaddle as a read but fifty shades was responsible for a lot of funny ideas in some men's heads IMO.In real life protect yourself sleep separately Think about contacting a refuge make an escape plan etc I don t feel that you are safe.There is potentially a lot of aggression in this man awake or asleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now