Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

New beginning. Dating thread 41

(1000 Posts)
lubeybooby Mon 11-Feb-13 23:22:56

Dating chit chat here smile

OhWesternWind Wed 13-Feb-13 20:25:56

My dcs are off out to a Valentine disco so I'll be in on my ownio. No idea if anything will be forthcoming off LM. He's away so can't meet up so will do my best to ignore the whole thing.

ike1 Wed 13-Feb-13 20:26:15

Oh my ex-H thought he was a 'feminist'....cos he'd read an Andrea Dworkin novel.....my arse!

My Arse? Did she write that one?

ike1 Wed 13-Feb-13 20:31:57

Wouldnt put it past her! She is very keen on reclaiming the C word if I remember rightly......bit like Howard Barker (I am sure you are aware of him Voice)...

Only read a couple of his plays, not really my cuppa.

ike1 Wed 13-Feb-13 20:42:39

No I can imagine he's not to everyone's tastes but I do like 'Scenes from an Execution'...one of my Drama lecturers was obsessed with him so he used to pop up to do readings and guest spots every now and then.

More popular in Europe than here, I gather. Now, Howard Brenton I do like.

Wish I hadn't eaten all that marzipan yesterday. Got the munchies now and got no snacks in.

Ike, did you say you're off to see The Impossible later? I can never stir my stumps to go out for something starting as late as 10 pm (presumably film at 10.30 after all the adverts).

Snapespeare Wed 13-Feb-13 20:51:21

voice the kind of thing some lucky woman/man will be saying about my sons in a few years time. Nameless is honestly, the nicest man... I've never really gone for bad boys...when we texted yesterday, he was talking about 'the delicious feel of your skin against mine' blush & when I said I might be a bit squiffy from mojitos before I see him, said he would hold me close and we will curl up. & then, presuming STD chat goes well, I will break him. Repeatedly.

florentine accordion fanny-pad story made me smile.

ike1 Wed 13-Feb-13 20:53:10

I have only read The Churchill Play by Brenton. Well, I like to make the most of not having the kids so get annoyed with myself if I dont do something when they are not here.

ike1 Wed 13-Feb-13 20:54:52

Oh Snape does the sweet boy know what he is letting himself in for <evil cackle>

48howdidthathappen Wed 13-Feb-13 21:02:25

I texted Mr R&R and blew him out again! I can't fucking help myself.

He phoned and redeemed himself smile

We are gonna to have a week or so break though. I am exhausted.

Snapespeare Wed 13-Feb-13 21:03:51

Oh he is sweet. grin

I've hidden my OKC. he hasn't been on it since the last time we spoke there... two weeks ago. I'm not hiding it on the basis that nameless and I am an 'item' (though, if I wish really hard...) it's hidden on the basis of I'm concentrating on nameless and can't be bothered with distractions and one word 'hello' messages ATM.

ike1 Wed 13-Feb-13 21:05:45

Its probs for the best 48...have a little rejuvenator.

48howdidthathappen Wed 13-Feb-13 21:09:23

Oh it is. I haven't the headspace just now.

Gonna pop up the shop for some goodies. I am bloody hungry smile

ike1 Wed 13-Feb-13 21:10:51

Enjoy lovely...I am sure he'll be even more eager in a week..

chuchiface Wed 13-Feb-13 21:37:08

OK, looking for more advice... bloke sent me pic, telephone number etc and asked me to let him know if I fancied a drink or coffee (small 'c'), have been mailing a bit then I suggested a date, he said ok but in evening, I can only do daytime that day so said no, he then said we'd sort something out, is it just me or if he were keen would he not suggest another day? Then today he's emailing friendly chitchat... am I dangling just in case someone else falls through?

48howdidthathappen Wed 13-Feb-13 21:50:14

I have a box of Malteasers smile

48howdidthathappen Wed 13-Feb-13 22:13:43

Chuch No point second guessing what he is thinking.

Are to chatting to anyone else?

chuchiface Wed 13-Feb-13 22:17:59

Thanks 48 just odd that he was so keen then not sure whose court the ball is in now. Yes, there's someone else too, think I shall meet him soon and see how it goes.

48howdidthathappen Wed 13-Feb-13 22:39:38

Chuch OD is odd!

You will get the hang of moving on smile

mercury7 Thu 14-Feb-13 00:57:49

anyone remember the badly spelled ungrammatical message I posted a little while back?
Well, (as per a suggestion on the thread) I replied:

me-may I suggest a spellchecker?
him:lol spelling is not one of my strong points but i no anoth to run my own business and keep me in a manner i like xx

this is what he puts in his profile:

hi ladys 1st time done anything like this so b gentle.
Currently looking to meet like minded ladys for a little fun to to while away the days or evenings.have my own company so i can arrange meets to suit both. I take care of myself and are looking for someone who takes pride in their appearance also. I dont take life too seriously, but I also have a professional life and can adapt accordingly to the scene around me. I'm new to this as just out of a long term relationship, so lets see where this may lead...or where I may lead you!
i like going to the gym for a good work out and a suna going out to pictures ,pubs.
im a easy going man whos nose how to treat a lady unless she tells me other wise !!!!!!

I know, it's horrid, I shouldnt laugh at people's shortcomings, but really it's depressing to be approached by these bloody imbeciles.

he says he's 39, I have to presume that it's not a case of 'english isnt my first language' or he'd have said

Tamoo Thu 14-Feb-13 00:59:52

I've had my first vanisher <<quite excited>>

Really nice chatting on PoF over best part of a week, nothing vulgar, decent spelling (!), friendly, funny, open etc. Oh and cute photos. He suggested coffee last Sunday and I agreed. Then...

...Silence.

Friday morning he writes to say he has a cracking headache he can't shift. I'm not daft but I didn't explicitly say that I could see what was coming. Just said, drink lots of water, and, it looks like you might be ill over the weekend.

Silence.

Saturday morning he comes back with a cheerful yet bizarre message saying he is feeling much better and outlining his itinerary for Sunday which involved lots of various busyness in the next town, but no mention of meeting as planned for coffee.

I ignored him. Silence for the rest of the weekend. Monday, he sends a message asking how my weekend was, "xxxx". hmm

He is very rarely online and also rarely responded to info that was in preceding messages, hence me thinking he was deleting as he went/being surreptitous, and is probably in a relationship. Either that or he's one of those that will chat to anyone but doesn't actually want to meet.

Fracking annoying nonetheless.

mercury7 Thu 14-Feb-13 01:04:05
OhWesternWind Thu 14-Feb-13 07:19:58

How's everyone doing on V Day?

Flipper924 Thu 14-Feb-13 07:23:05

Happy Valentines Day, fellow singlies.

One silver lining of my current/recent situation, is that I don't actually give a shit. In fact, I've barely even noticed it was coming grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.