Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Got a Coffee Date on Monday

(3 Posts)
Honeysucklerose Sat 09-Feb-13 09:22:38

Hi been chatting to really nice bloke online , widowed for 2 years now , we seem to have alot in common as I lost my partner a couple of years ago, the thing is I like the sound of him , have gone off the dating site due to work and looking after my Mum who is ill, feel I can not give anyone alot of time , so I explain all this and tell him friends is all I want , and he seems happy with this and continues talking and texting which is lovely. Whats the problem you are thinking, well he has been going to a spiritualist and says he can contact his wife there , now I am not condoning his actions just feel he is still griefing for his loss he was married along time , so dont know what to expect really but want to meet him, he thinks we have connected BIG time but I just listen thats all , any thoughts?

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 09-Feb-13 12:08:28

My thoughts are that, whatever else he is, he could be a nice friend. 'Dating' is a really loaded term with lots of expectations. Meeting a friend for coffee is no big deal. Have a nice time.

Honeysucklerose Sun 10-Feb-13 07:51:03

Many thanks Cogito you always know the right things to reassure one appreciate your thoughts !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now