Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Welcome to The Dating Thread. Number 40.

(1000 Posts)

The next chapter...

48howdidthathappen Mon 11-Feb-13 23:14:45

FFS. Cant people just let it go.

watchoutforthatsnail Mon 11-Feb-13 23:14:25

bant.and you explain your naracisstic comment, hours after it had all died down how?

Bant Mon 11-Feb-13 23:11:22

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MsCellophane Mon 11-Feb-13 23:10:57

Well, it used to be we would support people - lately it's lost that

We could all slag each other off, tell everyone where they are going wrong as the dig themselves out of singledom but up til now we haven't

We don't sit and type - you're doing it all wrong and shout at people. We try and support the person

W deserved the support today, she was let down in dating and then again on here

But at least we found out why one person is single, pretty obvious now

Flipper924 Mon 11-Feb-13 23:10:10

Soreen with a G&T?

I can see you, Miranda, you're not invisible!

ike1 Mon 11-Feb-13 23:09:42

Happy stand by what I say and dont need the support Watch...

Miranda - I don't see the appeal of malt loaf. Jamaica ginger cake, however... but no butter

Sends thanks to Ike for edam

Angeletta Mon 11-Feb-13 23:09:31

ike I call him Snow Leopard because he reminds me of one (has similar colour fur/hair), so was thinking sleek glossy predator rather than spaniel, but he can be bouncy like a spaniel sometimes.

Flipper that's the problem, I can't get pre-sliced Soreen any more. My branch of Waitrose stocked it back in the day, and now they don't. Wasn't sure if that was their decision or if it was discontinued. I can get the little snack packs from Boots, but like you say they are way too small. If I try to slice Soreen I just squidge it.

Nomore your ex sounds awful, god help his "soulmate" when he tires of her!

KinNora Mon 11-Feb-13 23:09:09

Not me though.

ike1 Mon 11-Feb-13 23:08:58

Miranda dont be daft mun....I'd bloody notice ....and where is Yoga???

watchoutforthatsnail Mon 11-Feb-13 23:08:48

but its not.
im offended you say it is.

hugely offended you say it is.

and i think there are lots of people that would be just as agast that you have said that too.

KinNora Mon 11-Feb-13 23:07:48

I'd notice, Miranda, for what it's worth.

ike1 Mon 11-Feb-13 23:07:21

Edam on its own ...no probs. Yeah Soreen is a good thing if you are on a diet.

MirandaWest Mon 11-Feb-13 23:06:42

Reading this thread is like being in some weird party or something where there are several distinctive conversations going on and you have no idea really what is going on.

I like malt loaf. Preferably when on special offer. With lots of butter on it smile

We must nearly be at the end of this thread. Maybe there needs to be more than one dating thread - one for talking about dating and one for people to get at each other. I don't think anyone actually notices anything I say (story of much of my life tbh) so this will probably sink without trace.
At least it means I wouldn't need to do a dramatic farewell as no one would realise I'd gone anyway grin

ike1 Mon 11-Feb-13 23:05:55

Read over your stuff Watch its the same level as Bant, my opinion only...carry on ..really <shrug>

ike - can I just have some edam on its own please?

VelvetSpoon Mon 11-Feb-13 23:04:33

and Grinchie, I never knew I had a fan blush thank you

(Soreen is deffo low fat though, its the only reason I could eat it while doing the torture that is Slimming World!)

watchoutforthatsnail Mon 11-Feb-13 23:03:54

but ike, how can i be?

what the shit have i done?

KinNora Mon 11-Feb-13 23:03:00

Perhaps we don't support you because we have minds of our own and don't want to lower ourselves to participate in playground spats. Just a thought.

VelvetSpoon Mon 11-Feb-13 23:02:29

Nicholas, I <heart> you smile

ike1 Mon 11-Feb-13 23:01:34

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 11-Feb-13 23:00:39
ike1 Mon 11-Feb-13 23:00:32

Right Voice...there is a choice of Soreen n edam or tartex n oatcake canapes..that's it the kitchen's shut (as I tell my kids)

MsCellophane Mon 11-Feb-13 23:00:15

And can I just say, the lack of support over this matter is disheartening.

It may be awkward, but just standing in the corner whistling is as bad as some of the other stuff

Why do (generic) you think it's ok to stand by and let someone else be treated this way??

People have come on this thread (people not even dating) to stick the boot in, we ok with that??? And to just ignore someone, who admitted to enjoying sticking the boot in, when they call someone names and who wasn't actually involved today is abhorrent

Hope one of you aren't the next target

KinNora Mon 11-Feb-13 22:59:56

Grinchie, that's outrageous ! I thought Soreen was low fat.

This thread is not accepting new messages.