Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Welcome to The Dating Thread. Number 40.

(1000 Posts)

The next chapter...

watchoutforthatsnail Fri 08-Feb-13 19:21:55

but people dont. you have to just go with it.
if its good, keep going with it.
and if its not, then dont.

People dont say what their intentions are, or they lie ( happens a lot, as we know, esp with online dating)

Occassionally you might meet someone you like, and you just have to give it a chance. Put yourself out there and see what happens, while not having any expectations. i think, stop thinking and just see what happens smile

Snapespeare Fri 08-Feb-13 19:32:02

<dances around velvet with party poppers>

I'm really happy for you!

watch. I know. It's just my way is simpler in the long run. wink

Right, I'm away to eat LOADS of meat as nameless is vegetarian and I have a weirdy mindset of not eating meat if I might be kissing him later, because that feels weird to me, although he hasnt and wouldn't mention it (bizarre veg-empathy thing) and now as I'm not it's liver and onions for tea. Silver lining!

Will check in later, happy dates to the daters!

JoylessFucker Fri 08-Feb-13 19:37:52

Gosh, that thread moved fast ...

Rapid catch up:
Massive hugs, huge respect and admiration for both flipper & lubey for your amazing attitude in the face of such shittyness. Its time for that karma bugger to give you two the very best ... 48 well done on letting Mr R&R in, you know its going to be good for you & so sorry to hear that things are tough again with your mother. I do remember lots of sex from watch's direction and some seriously lovely stuff from snape & velvet over their lovely chaps but, other than that, my elderly memory is failing me. Hopefully some wine and thanks to everyone will cover it.

Well, I spent last Saturday with Mr Whippy and have been assessing how I'm feeling all week. The sex was a bit rough (which I was expecting) but lacking in skill (which I wasn't). But the companionship, the conversation and the ordinary being together bit was great. However, he did say something odd about his daughter and her reaction to him dating that made me think he's not out in the open about looking for a new relationship. Maybe that's what been nagging away at me ... He's also been quiet all week, only responding when I texted this afternoon. He also didn't show any inclination to engage on any subject but rugby. I have lots of people I can talk rugby with, so am rather hmm Oh well ... don't think I'll be putting any more effort into this one.

JoylessFucker Fri 08-Feb-13 19:41:28

Am now giggling at "ergoat ...", goat's having horns and my mis-read of velvet's post as all she had left to do was to lay on the table ...

JoylessFucker Fri 08-Feb-13 19:42:39

... and now grin at "veg-empathy" ...

Stop it you lot!

watchoutforthatsnail Fri 08-Feb-13 19:51:58

i dont think culthbert would complain if he found velv ON the table.

sorry mr whippy wasnt right, win some, lose some.

Nomorepain Fri 08-Feb-13 19:52:36

Bit of advice please. Been chatting to a man since Monday.?quite a lot if mails, long mails. Said he is new to od. I like him but not loads!! Anyway on wed he asked me for a drink when I have a space in my diary. We swapped numbers and he said he would definitely text me. Still haven't heard anything. Just looked on the site and he is online. He didn't go online at all yest.

I've been blown out haven't I? OD is such a unpredictable game. Why can't people just be upfront and honest. Would save a lot of wasted thoughts!!

AndLibbyMakesThree Fri 08-Feb-13 20:08:06

Aw Velvet, I'm really smiling at your last post. Hope you have a wonderful evening with Cuthbert.

Mr C's coming round this evening - am hoping DS (who's currently singing loudly in bed) falls asleep before he arrives.

Thinking of you, Flipper and Lubey.

48, really pleased to hear you invited Mr R&R round. Sometimes it's easier to shut people out than let them in, so I think you've been very brave (wish I was equally brave).

WarmFuzzyFun Fri 08-Feb-13 20:15:45

Nomorepain, if you don't like him loads, then don't worry move on. OD is a funny old game, sometimes they just stop contacting you for no discernible reason. Their choice. If you want you could send email 'Hope you're okay, NMP' and see if you get a response.

Hi everyone,

This is my usual one post on each dating thread.

I am doing okay, guy I 'really' liked seems to 'really' like me, and he seems (WFF whispers) normal confused smile, which is odd for OD isn't it?

(So sorry to know of your news Flipper.)

Velvet have a great time, remember to breathe occasionally smile

<waves to everyone>
WarmFuzzyFun x

lulubellaboozle Fri 08-Feb-13 20:32:40

nomorepain agree with WFF if you don't like him loads, then don't worry and move on. could be all sorts of reasons but generally I think people play a numbers game and if someone comes through first either with a date or a call or you get a buzz chatting with someone then you tend to concentrate on that person and let others drift - not nice, but just the way OD is ... the old sweet trolley analogy again.

WFF (whispers) all sounds good, I found "normal" who "really" likes me on Match, they are out there. I think someone said in the previous thread, good uns are there, just depends when you find them, could be first OD date or it could be hundreth OD date, luck of the draw hmm

thanks for wet fishes btw, I got a missing you text so all is well in land of lulu.

lulubellaboozle Fri 08-Feb-13 20:40:56

just curious, but what do you call it when you DTD ?grin

I always call it a fuck or a shag or just plain sex ...... had funny conversation with Mr EA, the other night. I told him that even though I do only use that language, I do actually think now that it is making love ..... him, shocked face, shocked voice "of course it is!" grin

grinchie Fri 08-Feb-13 20:41:29

Evening all grin

The goat bloke is officially funny.

watchoutforthatsnail Fri 08-Feb-13 20:44:40

i know ;) one of the reasons why i like him smile

lulu, fuck, shag, sex. call it what it is. What i hate are twee euphanisms pretending its something else. If you are old enough to do it, then you should be old enough to call it what it is.

lubeybooby Fri 08-Feb-13 20:45:53

Bless you lot still thinking of me flowers this thread is still keeping me sane and distracted

<puts anchovy on a pizza for snape>

Hello WFF... normal you say? wow. That is quite something grin

Nomore... hmm yeah. Think you might have been. It really is a very odd old game. Don't take it personally, if he's new he's only just found the sweet shop and behaviour will likely reflect that..

48howdidthathappen Fri 08-Feb-13 20:46:47

I am feeling brave shock I am going to tell Mr R&R tomorrow that apart from him everything is fucking shyte. I am terrified of coming across all needy, but fuck it I am. If I blow it, he isn't the man I thought he was.

lulubellaboozle Fri 08-Feb-13 20:49:51

48 wet fish, wet fish, wet fish grin

WE all know even if you don't that Mr R&R will be thrilled that he is needed and the shining light in a shite time.

It's not needy to tell someone that they make you happy and make you feel good.

48howdidthathappen Fri 08-Feb-13 20:50:24

Lulu I like the word fuck alot. Cock maybe my favourite grin

lulubellaboozle Fri 08-Feb-13 20:52:19

48 grin fuck is my favourite too - when Mr EA says I'm going to take you upstairs and fuck you ....... I go weak at the knees grin

God, get that man over here now!

lubeybooby Fri 08-Feb-13 20:52:23

48, that isn't gonna blow it with mr r&r. Go for it smile

Nomorepain Fri 08-Feb-13 20:56:05

Thanks all. Think I am done with od for a while. Had enough of time wasters and jokers. Going to wait a while till there is a new selection. Feel like its made me a bit needy on people that I don't even know! Ridiculous. It shouldn't have to be difficult!!

Nomorepain Fri 08-Feb-13 21:08:01

Just hidden all of my profiles - I'm on 3 bloody websites! Put my od existence in hibernation then 2 minutes later he texts me saying he is injured after playing football for first time in years and his daughter has been in hospital all afternoon. Shit. Now what am I meant to do. Felt bit pissed off that he hadn't contacted (but prob pissed off at how other men have disregarded me recently) but not he has and given a perfectly valid reason as to why he has not text me before. Although it doesn't excuse why he was back on the website and hasn't contacted me. Huh! So to reply or not to reply - that is the question?!?

I am seriously happy for all of you loved or lusted up from online dating - wish I had a bit of your success!!!

Think I am full of gloom tonight because I have to hand my kids over to shitbag ex tomorrow.

Nomorepain Fri 08-Feb-13 21:09:35

Now he has given me perfect excuse instead of not!!

lulubellaboozle Fri 08-Feb-13 21:15:10

nomorepain he has given you a perfectly valid reason (your words) so go for it and see what happens well thats what I would do, good luck

lubeybooby Fri 08-Feb-13 21:15:40

Yeah Nomore i would reply. If he had text 30 mins ago you would have done no question... if he had left it a few more days I'd say no, but it's still quite timely and with a valid excuse so yeah. Go for it.

48howdidthathappen Fri 08-Feb-13 21:18:02

Agree nomore you may as well see what he is like face to face.

This thread is not accepting new messages.