Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Not yet divorced husband announces he is marrying again...

(49 Posts)
ParsleyTheLioness Tue 05-Feb-13 20:55:25

WTF? Wouldn't it have a bit more class to wait until the divorce is actually through? Don't know why I am suprised...this is the specimen who I discovered was OD when we were 'happyishly' married, who said he signed up for it because DD and I wouldn't go owl-watching with him one night... Guess I am a bit suprised I am suprised IUSWIM. I don't want his sorry arse back. But I am stunned to think it is almost as if he WANTS me to hate him. This all messes with DD (15) head, and I am terrified she will be put off relationships for life. I hate him, and am still bewildered that he has so little respect for DD and I. How do I stop feeling so angry?

izzyizin Wed 06-Feb-13 02:15:09

I second Merlot's suggestion of salad tossers as a most fitting wedding present from your good self, Parsley.

Plastic ones from a £ shop in a fetching shade of pea green to match the boat the happy couple will be setting sail in - providing it hasn't sunk before the groom is legally free to wed again.

I trust you'll be ensuring he won't have plenty of money to take on his ego trip? wink

izzyizin Wed 06-Feb-13 02:46:34

Gosh, the fluence just came upon me.... there's a lovely man in your future, Parsley, and he'll come into your life later this year smile

ParsleyTheLioness Wed 06-Feb-13 07:53:47

Ooh, the fluence...lovely. Yes , the summation from someone on previous page is currect. Sorry, to early to link to names. Yes, he is a Mummy's Best Boy... Yes, at their house half-term has come early. Neither of them has any class... I have been silly around men before, but never desperate enough to announce my engagement to one who was still married to someone else! Even one of her kids said she was waiting for an Eastenders moment when I ran in and said 'but he's still married to me'. If the kids are aware of the problem...

Thanks for all your kind words MN wise ones...

ParsleyTheLioness Fri 15-Feb-13 23:11:52

Ok. So Decree Absolute received in the post. He can do what he wants now! Released back into the wild to be amongst his own kind. Whatever they are...

Viviennemary Fri 15-Feb-13 23:16:02

I agree. Crack open the champagne. And be glad you're not the one who is marrying him. If he drives you mad there is every guarantee he will drive this new wife mad too. So let them get on with it.

ParsleyTheLioness Fri 15-Feb-13 23:19:59

Thanks Viv that's what I think too.

izzyizin Sat 16-Feb-13 02:44:58

Draw a gold circle around November on your calendar, Parsley, because you're gonna strike gold - he's one of the good guys and you're going to have a very happy Christmas this year.

As for the twunt, he's free to fly to the sun and crash and burn back again ad infintum.

ParsleyTheLioness Sat 16-Feb-13 10:20:13

Thanks all.

LadyLapsang Sat 16-Feb-13 13:00:27

Owl watching - such fun!
(I do actually know a really sweet guy who goes owl watching & takes fantastic photos of wildlife but its not you soon to be ex.)
Definely crack open the champage and do something fun with your DD.

TheSilveryPussycat Sat 16-Feb-13 14:22:27

<waves>

wonder who wanted to marry - him or her?

ParsleyTheLioness Sat 16-Feb-13 17:52:18

Hi Puss goodness knows...all I know is I know nothing of what goes on in his head. Twenty years, and it's a mystery!

CremeEggThief Brazil Sat 16-Feb-13 20:40:35

My STBXH told me he and the OW were engaged in September. He only left me in June, and swears they were seeing each other three months before he came clean hmm.

I have only just filed for divorce now. Rather strangely, it took him two months to send a cheque for costs for the divorce back to my solicitor, who requested it at the end of November confused.

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason when it comes to cheating spouses.

ParsleyTheLioness Sat 16-Feb-13 22:20:31

Weird isn't it...my XH was holding up the divorce until v recently....go figure!

MajesticWhine Sat 16-Feb-13 22:48:44

I hope the lucky lady is fond of owl-watching grin

ParsleyTheLioness Sun 17-Feb-13 11:29:15

She seems to be loved-up enough to go along with his little whims at the moment...doesn't stop him texting me uneccesarily on somewhat flimsy pretexts. And he has already claimed she talks too much, which was one of the things he liked about me, that I didn't... Seems he is not deriliously happy, but she is welcome to his sorry arse!

CremeEggThief Brazil Sun 17-Feb-13 12:04:44

As the saying goes, the best revenge is to let the OW have him wink.

Things are far from perfect for me- no close friends near me; no family near by (and even if they were, they're not that helpful); no job; a hormonal 10 year old, who argues about everything (and I mean everything!), etc. But what keeps me going is knowing I don't miss him and I'm not unhappier now than I was before.

GinAndT0nic Sun 17-Feb-13 12:29:45

congratulations on your divorce parsely!

ParsleyTheLioness Sun 17-Feb-13 16:34:25

Thanks Gin.

izzyizin Sun 17-Feb-13 17:01:51

There's a distinct absence of booze celebratory beverages on this thread confused

Here you go, Parsley - wine

The toast is 'To freedom and loving it' grin

kinkyfuckery Sun 17-Feb-13 17:09:14

My ex-H also got engaged when we were still married (He was telling people he couldn't wait to be divorced, whilst intentionally holding ours up - in the end, we got divorced on the basis that he didn't protest it, instead of the stupid git just signing the papers and sending them back!). They had a big engagement party and everything - that I had to take the kids to and pick them up from! Less than 4 months later, he was bed hopping with someone else. Then, he was with the OW for a year, before breaking off with her to get back with aforementioned fiancée!
It would all be so laughable if it weren't for the fact that it fucked the children up somewhat!

Skyebluesapphire Sun 17-Feb-13 17:51:09

Congratulations. wine

So he is free to get married again then... What a lucky lucky woman she is!

Whenever I see OW on your thread I always misread it for OWL grin

ArtVandelay Sun 17-Feb-13 18:52:02

Tell him that you don't give two hoots... : smile Wishing you all the best Parsley.

izzyizin Sun 17-Feb-13 20:09:23

grin@Art

Or tel him that you don't give a hoot what the pathetic fucker does next smile

Have another, Parsley - wine

ParsleyTheLioness Sun 17-Feb-13 22:10:28

Ah, thank you lovely MNers....Kinky what a twunt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now