Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Spiritualknot update....

(11 Posts)

Thank you for all your kind messages.

Euphemia, Thank you for remembering me from so long back! Yes, I remember giving some advice about your son. Think it was about a stammer he seemed to be developing? Glad I was able to help. I'm still working as a Speech and Language therapist, really lovely job, different every day.

Take care and thank you for the flowers!! smile

EuphemiaLennox Mon 04-Feb-13 09:58:27

Spiritual knot I don't remember you going through these tough times, but I do remember you from further back than that...

It must have been about 8yrs ago, and I was desperately worried about my ds's langauge development and I posted a thread really late one night agonising about it, and you came on and gave me such helpful kind thoughtful advice that calmed me down and helped me deal with it, so I never forgot you. (I have name changed since then).

You then seemed to disappear, although I always lookedd out for you, so you seemed a bit like an angel that appeared at night when I needed you, and then disappeared again.

I am so sorry to hear about all you went through, but so pleased that life has come good for you and that you've found peace and happiness.

Obviously you fund great support on MN which I'm so pleased about as I never forgot the support you gave me thanks

AgathaF Mon 04-Feb-13 09:00:09

I remember you too. So pleased things are working out for you.

ArtVandelay Sun 03-Feb-13 23:31:07

I remember you, good for you smile

Hissy Sun 03-Feb-13 23:12:07

What a powerful and positive post. Bloody well done you! smile

dondon33 Sun 03-Feb-13 21:10:33

I'm sorry you had to go through such hard times but I'm glad you've now settled and are happy.
Well done to you wine

Thank you! smile

Midwife99 Sun 03-Feb-13 12:34:55

Yes I remember you & am so glad things have worked out for you & you're back on track! smile

ike1 Sun 03-Feb-13 12:04:00

Congrats Spiritual....and yes I do remember you. xxx

Lueji Sun 03-Feb-13 11:54:47

I wasn't around at the time, but congratulations and good on you for posting here. It can show those still undecided how things can turn out by leaving the bastards.

Don't know if anyone will remember me. Ex had an affair and left me for a woman half my age 3 years ago. I was on here proclaiming he would not be having an affair etc and mumsnet put me straight! Then had a difficult time trying to decided whether to move away from where I was living, to be nearer to my parents as they are elderly and father is disabled but didn't want to move dd away from my ex, ie her father.

Anyway, now been divorced for 2 years and things are going well..very well. But has not been easy.

Had an horrendous time in work all of last year with new bosses, bullying and other such crap. Went off sick with stress and was hounded out of the job after 18 years committed service. Ex took the opportunity to stop paying child maintenance as I no longer had the confidence to ask for it anymore. So I had no support network, no job and no confidence or self esteem.

I knew I would have support if I moved back to my roots and luckily had a good GP who encouraged me to move, also I had to move, I think I was seriously beginning to lose it. I was confused, depressed and unable to concentrate on anything. I sold my house and moved back here at the end of last year and bought a house 3 doors down from my parents. My daughter is now at a brilliant school, has made lots of friends and I take her to see her dad once a fortnight. He has married the person he had an affair with and she is expecting their child later this year.

I am working as a locum, the house is lovely and I've met a man who is adorable, early days still. CSA are ensuring my ex pays child maintenance. My parents are well and love me being nearby and I see lots of family and friends all the time. It's good.

Whilst going through this I kept in my head something I saw once:

" It'll be alright in the end...if it's not alright, it's not the end"

Thanks to all mumsnetters and I wish others going through bad times all the best. xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now