Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I've never admitted our problems on MN before...

(102 Posts)
Chubfuddler Sun 03-Feb-13 05:07:58

But I've read an awful lot of threads about abusive husbands. And imagining what my thread would look like, imagining your replies, knowing what you would say (because I've read the same threads over and over, and even dished out advice I wasn't ready to take myself) finally gave me the courage to leave.

The DCs and are are crammed in my mums spare room. For a while my life will be a topsy turvey mess but I don't care.

Because no man is ever going to hit me again.

So thank you. From the bottom of my heart.

Snazzynewyear Sun 03-Feb-13 08:19:12

thanks

Chubfuddler Sun 03-Feb-13 08:24:41

I can't even begin to describe the relief. I am fortunate in that I work and have a supportive family, but this is so much less hard than I thought it would be. Compared with living on eggshells this is a fucking breeze.

tribpot Sun 03-Feb-13 08:25:11

Well done you. I think your post title should read 'his problems'. You don't have a problem. You were trained to suffer sustained abuse in silence but you broke the pattern and got out. That's a massive achievement.

Keep going. You can only get stronger from here.

Well done you. I hope things become less topsy turvy soon x

MushroomSoup Sun 03-Feb-13 09:14:20

Wow! You've made me tearful Chub! Bloody well done.

beachyhead Sun 03-Feb-13 09:26:41

Well done Chub. First day of the rest of your lives!brew

SminkoPinko Sun 03-Feb-13 09:30:50

You are amazing. Well done and I hope things continue to get better and better and better.

Well done Chub ! A wee tear from me too.

Yes, what beachy says, the first day of the rest of your lives thanks

You sound very strong already, but I agree again, with trib this time, you can only get stronger from here x

wordyBird Sun 03-Feb-13 09:47:58

Oh Chub, well done you flowers

I hope people reading and wondering, and clinging on, see your words:

I am fortunate in that I work and have a supportive family, but this is so much less hard than I thought it would be. Compared with living on eggshells this is a fucking breeze.

Yes, and everyone's got some resources to draw on ... the most important are your own !

MrsWolowitzerables Sun 03-Feb-13 09:56:38

Congratulation Chub. What an inspirational post!

thanks

ArtemisiaGentileschisThumb Sun 03-Feb-13 10:00:51

You are an inspiration, well done for taking such a positive step for you and your children. I really wish my mum had felt able to take the same step when I was a child, from experience I know that this will make the world of difference to your children's future and your own.
Xxx

MrsDeVere Sun 03-Feb-13 10:06:21

I am so sorry that you have been through so much.
Well done for getting out.
You are strong and brave x

Amazing. Women like you, Chub, are nothing short of amazing.

Welcome to living. As has been said, there will be tough times ahead. Buy there will be an actual life for you and your dcs. And you will be happy and safe.

Amazing. Xxx

scottishmummy Sun 03-Feb-13 10:12:03

clearly you've found your inner resolve and fortitude.well lookey you
sorry you had to endure this,least you're all safe and ok now
will be bit upheaval but you'll get there.good luck first days new life

scarletforya Sun 03-Feb-13 10:22:57

First post I read today and it's made the tears fall! Congratulations Chub and welcome to the rest of your life thanks

Duritzfan Sun 03-Feb-13 10:29:03

What an amazing strong woman you are x
I don't even know you but I'm so proud of you -
Will be thinking of you x

ThePathanKhansWitch Sun 03-Feb-13 10:31:54

Wishing you a bright happy future chub. Well done, I,m sure you,ve just made the best decision of your life.

Enjoy your new life Chub thanks

BerylStreep Sun 03-Feb-13 10:38:51

Well done. Onwards and upwards.

MissAnnersley Sun 03-Feb-13 10:42:52

I want to wish all the very best. Enjoy your freedom, it's the best thing. And when you've been deprived of it as you have it is better still.

Your shoulders will go down and you eyes will go up and you will be yourself again.

thanks for you and your bravery.

BornInACrossFireHurricane Sun 03-Feb-13 10:47:01

MASSIVE well done, I wish you all the best xxx

MerlotAndMe Sun 03-Feb-13 10:47:07

Good for you chubfuddler. i did a long stint at my m&d's house too. i put up with it for years first too though.

Well done!

So pleased to hear that you are getting great support from your family. Stay strong and be proud of yourself.

smile

MerlotAndMe Sun 03-Feb-13 10:50:53

Yes. compared to waljing on eggshells all the time , everything is a breeze. so true.

when u r no longer channelling all energies in to keeping the peace you can finally take two steps forward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now