Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

what would you do to your husband if he said this ........

(77 Posts)
batmanstinks Sat 02-Feb-13 20:43:56

We were having a conversation last night (after a bottle of wine) about our friends.

We have recently moved and have a new circle of friends so we were assessing them.

One couple is lovely and, out of nowhere, DH said 'X is lovely, I think she might be my ideal woman. If things were different I probably would have married her' shock

I pointed out that this was maybe an inappropriate thing to say and he said 'it's alright, I don't fancy her as much as you'

shock.

I would have been justified in cutting his balls off in the night wouldn't I!

LemonDrizzled Tue 05-Feb-13 15:55:42

He has opened Pandora's box and started a conversation you don't want that might result in something devastating. I think that is what I mean!

batmanstinks Tue 05-Feb-13 16:12:53

Lemon, now that really does sound melodramatic shock

I do really love him, and don't have any doubts that I should have married someone else or that I shouldn't have married him at all.

But it is wrapped up in a bigger issue lately. we used to have lots of shared interests and things in common. Now that we have got older one of DH's interests in particular has become a much bigger part of his life, and I feel to the exclusion of me and, to some extent the DCs.

It has caused a lot of resentment on my part over the last couple of months and quite a few rows.

I suppose it's the sudden realisation that maybe I'm not actually SUPPOSED to resent it so much. Maybe he should be with someone who doesn't feel as excluded as I do.

And that he has actually been the one to say it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now