Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating chat thread still going! Number 39

(1000 Posts)
lubeybooby Sat 02-Feb-13 12:26:31

Here we are all

Dating related chit chat here

OhWesternWind Fri 08-Feb-13 14:20:04

Why Mr Pheasant? Tell us more and I hope it goes well.

Are you getting excited yet Velvet?

BillMasen Fri 08-Feb-13 14:32:22

Hi everyone. Just letting you know I'm still around and mainly lurking as I've been so busy! No dating updates other than date last weekend with geeky girl went very well, nice drinks and meal and Coffee. I think we're both in the same place at the moment in that its all great, and we're very happy "seeing each other" when we can but diaries are, and will continue to be, a problem.

To those having bad times at the moment ill just echo what everyone else says. We may only be odd people in the Internet but we're happy to listen and try to support. Really feel for 48 and flipper at the moment!

There seems to be a shortage of blokes on here again so I'll make more of an effort!

SweetSeraphim Fri 08-Feb-13 14:36:48

You've had an extremely stressful week Lubey xx Try and relax a bit this weekend if you can.

Good luck with your date with Cuthbert tonight Velvet!

When's Snape's next date with Nameless? Is that tonight as well?

And when are you seeing Goatboy again watch?

Love to everyone having a crap time atm x

grinchie Fri 08-Feb-13 14:41:55

They've let me out!
I'm under a blanket on the sofa.
In my absence I think a mouse has dies in the outside but of the heating vent. Which is nice.

Sorry I missed your birthday Ike, hope it was brilliant grin

grinchie Fri 08-Feb-13 14:42:32

Sorry, died not dies.

watchoutforthatsnail Fri 08-Feb-13 14:47:32

Lubey, yes, you deserve a good weekend.....

Grinchie, have you got to have it out? I had mine out 2 years ago. If you have anyquestions pm me smile

Velv, have a lovely time smile

48. Glad its a bit better today. Sometimes its good to just let it all out.

I was meant to be seeing goat today but dd is ill and off school. He was fine and said we will do something in a few days. Its going to continue being snatched time
Till hes got two weeks off from next weekend. But yeah, lots of chat, talking about familes, mocking about goats smile

hoplittlebunnyhophophop Fri 08-Feb-13 14:52:06

OWW It's a rubbish nickname but it's stuck in my head now. I might accidentally call him it tonight. I am easily impressed was interested to hear that he plucks/prepares pheasants for his dinner sometimes. STBXH couldn't cook, tidy, budget, do DIY etc etc so men with basic life skills are new to me! Mr Pheasant can do all of these things. Also, I happen to know that he says what he means. So 'I'd like to see you again' does mean 'I'd like to see you again'. Of course, that means I run the risk of being told bluntly 'I don't want to see you again' depending on how the date goes tonight. Hmm.

OhWesternWind Fri 08-Feb-13 14:57:59

Hey Grinchie glad you're out. Hope you are feeling a lot better to be home and better in general too.

Bunny - Mr Pheasant's sounding good so far! What are you up to tonight with him?

Ike - sorry I missed your birthday. Hope it was all good. It's mine on Monday - going out with mum and dcs Sunday and LM is cooking for me on Monday. All sounds lovely.

hoplittlebunnyhophophop Fri 08-Feb-13 15:01:46

OWW Your birthday plans sound lovely! The problem with tonight is, we haven't actually arranged what we are doing, just what time and where he is picking me up. So, I have no idea what to wear. He isn't the type to go anywhere very dressy though, probably just a couple of pubs, pub food maybe. So - skinny jeans, heels, nice top?

hoplittlebunnyhophophop Fri 08-Feb-13 15:10:57

Stimulating Friday afternoon POF chat:

X: Wat u do
Me: I'm a plumber *
X: wats one of dem?
X: Or do u meen plummer
Me: Plumber is the correct spelling. Surely you know that as you have written in your profile that you are a tradesman yourself?
X: Fukin hell uv made me look a rite tool

... X has left the conversation

* I'm not a plumber.

lubeybooby Fri 08-Feb-13 15:31:36

Hahahaa hop oh dear! grin

SweetSeraphim Fri 08-Feb-13 15:36:05

Fucking hell hop!

How dare you make him look a rite tool? hmm grin

Snapespeare Fri 08-Feb-13 16:00:28

no nameless for me tonight. sad he's still a bit under the weather. anticipation is a DREADFUL thing. hope he's better soon for I have kisses to collect. we've left it with no firm 3rd date. sad

OhWesternWind Fri 08-Feb-13 16:04:16

Oh Snape how disappointing. Are you going to wait until he's feeling alright and then rearrange? Anticipation is gorgeous, though, imagining all the possibilities, but a bit frustrating if it goes on too long . . . I love the bit where you're travelling to meet up, all excited and a bit nervous and full of hope for a great night ahead. Is he still texting?

Flipper924 Fri 08-Feb-13 16:35:03

Oh, that's a shame, Snape. Did he say he was cancelling or postponing?

Alittlestranger Fri 08-Feb-13 17:05:54

In OD world it usually seems pointless to try and differentiate between cancelling and postponing, but nameless seems a cut above the normal chaff.

KirstyWirsty Fri 08-Feb-13 17:06:40

Well I have agreed to give Mr Cheeky another chance ... I do really like him ... he knows his card is marked

Flipper Hope you are ok?

Hope all the dates tonight go well ...

snape tonight was likely to be a big night, no wonder he wants to be well he's probably rightly worried you'd break him grin. Hope he's better soon.
Good luck to all darters tonight

Snapespeare Fri 08-Feb-13 17:20:39

he said, 'still feeling grim, kisses another day x' (note, no question mark) I said, 'I shall bank them! hope you're feeling better soon...' he replied immediately with 'you get a good interest rate at least! x' I replied with 'seriously, get better soon'

so I think its a postponement rather than a cancellation. ..we had originally said fri/sat...so I think the ball is in his court. (?)

no fair. wanted to do non specified things with him <sigh>

48howdidthathappen Fri 08-Feb-13 17:20:45

Flipper and Lubey Thinking of you.

Velvet and Bunny Have fun.

KW All sytstems go with Mr cheeky.

Snape Im sure you will get your 3rd date.

I did something I haven't done before, I made the first move with Mr R&R. Texted. Asking if he wanted to come over tomorow night.
He replied. 'Yes please. That would be wonderful' smile smile smile

Snapespeare Fri 08-Feb-13 17:25:52

yes! velvet & bunny I am 'rooting' for you as I have had my hopes of a shag cruelly dashed this evening. grin

lulubellaboozle Fri 08-Feb-13 17:30:16

velvet and bunny have fun tonight

kirsty I think you know exactly how to handle Mr Cheeky! hope it goes well.

snape disappointing but they sound like good texts, definitely a postponement grin

and 48 get you! he sounds lovely!

and please juliette or someone slap me with the wet fish please?! not seeing Mr ExArmy tonight or last night, he has DD tonight, we are all meeting up tomorrow - but I have been doing paperwork ready for meeting with STBXH lying cheating bastard on Sunday, Sunday FFS?? and it has made me feel really blue, quiet on texts from Mr EA, I know it means nothing and it's not at all unusual, so big old slap with fish please grin

VelvetSpoon Fri 08-Feb-13 17:30:58

Cuthbert texted me earlier today (which is a big deal as he never texts just 'conversationally' usually I have realised, normally just to ask stuff/make arrangements, and he never ever texts during the day!) to say how much he was looking forward to seeing me tonight grin

Dinner is cooking.

I am hopelessly overexcited. However as I still have housework to do I really need to calm down!

grin grin

Flipper924 Fri 08-Feb-13 17:35:47

That's a definite postponement, Snape. The interest rate comment certainly reads to me said he's keen to see you again.

Well done, 48. Hope this is the start of you letting him in a little? You are obviously a very strong person, but that isn't incompatible with accepting (or asking for) support.

Mm, Kirsty, just keep your wits about you with Mr Cheeky.

Good luck, Bunny, hope it's not too excruciating and you get to know each other better!

What's on the menu, Velvet?

48howdidthathappen Fri 08-Feb-13 17:38:40

I did thinking about blowing him out shock Then thought what the fuck is wrong with me. Give the guy a break smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.