Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating chat thread still going! Number 39

(1000 Posts)
lubeybooby England Sat 02-Feb-13 12:26:31

Here we are all

Dating related chit chat here

mercury7 Sat 02-Feb-13 15:49:24

MrsC it sounds torturous...deleting him sounds a bit drastic, maybe just give it a bit of time, perhaps things will seem clearer in a while?

Worley Sat 02-Feb-13 15:49:42

marking my place as my six month ban is almost up and considering joining POF again.. had a look on match but very few in my area on there..

Flipper924 Sat 02-Feb-13 15:59:38

MsC, I think he really might not be ready, it's not personal at all. Especially with the talk of chatting on line but not actually meeting anyone. Sorry it's made you feel down, but I don't think it should.

Secretservice Sat 02-Feb-13 16:17:24

juliette it came completely out of the blue. Never shown any tendency to such twuntishness before. He has since texted to apologise, for both the act and the words. Have ignored so far. Not sure what to reply really.

Secret if you want to continue with him, I would make him sweat for now. Did he text to apologise spontaneously? No response for a bit, then mark his card with an icy reply. After all you wouldn't want to be a drama queen, would you? grin

MsC we've all been there, he is one of those you feel a connection with and he has got to you. Whatever his problem is, it is nothing to do with you. It could be anything from being emotionally scarred to being a knobber but imo it doesn't matter why because people like this are unavailable and will only wear you down. You've deleted to remove the temptation to contact him, the ball is in his court so if he wants to contact you to prove he is worth your time he will.

A man who lubey found in my 50+ thread trawl has contacted me. Not exactly breaking news but I'll take him it.

ike1 Sat 02-Feb-13 16:34:36

Well done Jule and Lube...good team work that!

Scrazy Sat 02-Feb-13 16:36:37

Watch, the photo is stunning, you look beautiful!

I'm back from my date. He is very nice, good company and we weren't short of stuff to talk about, we know so many of the same people and I've just realised something else that is quite freaky. I've never seen him around before. Very good looking too, lovely face. However, physically he isn't my usual type and I didn't sense a spark from him or from me but I will definitely go for a beer with him again. If he asks.

Good thing is that I have broken my duck re blind dates.

mercury7 Sat 02-Feb-13 16:40:15

shock @ stopping for football Secret
how dare he!!
high maintenance drama queen, I'd show him high maintenance drama queen...angry

Given that we've all see the level of 50+ pull out there, I thought this little ditty in one of my suitors was particularly charming hmm
if you claim to be of "Average" Body type but your Belly enters the room before your boobs.. pass me by, sorry to sound superficial but it is getting ridiculous! Now I'd like a man whose cock entered the room before his ego but, hey.

or another one who I was just about to contact until I saw..
I'm looking for a woman who has a tiny waist and broad mind, not the other way around I'd like him to mail me, I want to talk about his penis too.

Scrazy Sat 02-Feb-13 16:44:42

Juliette grin at the cock comment.

ike1 Sat 02-Feb-13 16:45:04

Scrazy ...sounds better than the average...
Jule ....oh dear siiiiiiiigh...I feel like all the air has left my lungs...

ike1 Sat 02-Feb-13 16:46:39

...but agree ..with you that is...

ike1 Sat 02-Feb-13 16:50:28

I have orrible pmt today and cant see much point in any of it....cant help but cry about leaving my kids at the their dad's today with her. My little boy stood in a patch of sunlight waving me off as I drove away with tears rolling down my cheeks...(feeling v self indulgent..) Sometimes contentment seems like a long way off.

lubeybooby England Sat 02-Feb-13 16:50:51

Watch the pic is indeed stunning!

Juliette, woop! I hope he turns out to be as ok as he seems in the profile. Laughing at the cock comments re: the other profiles

Scrazy Sat 02-Feb-13 16:55:31

Ike, yes it was, very nice meeting. More of mates potential than anything else though! I must stop slurping this wine. I had one small glass out and it gave me the taste.

Secretservice Sat 02-Feb-13 16:56:29

mercury Even worse than that the football wasn't actually on, he wanted to make sur his pc was streaming right in preparation for the football being on shock - and that's an expression he won't being seeing from me in a while - if ever!

Aw Ike (((hugs))) I know that's likely to induce more tears but no one can see...

Lubey it's the Gardener so let's see!

Yes *Watch lovely pic

Scrazy Sat 02-Feb-13 16:59:02

Oh Ike, cheer up love. Kids will be back soon running you ragged. Have a lovely bubble bath, eat some Oreo with Cadburys choc and slurp some red wine. Post on here.

Co-op had some of that chocolate £1 for a massive bar. I just bought some wine and cigs instead. Chocolate is so unhealthy grin.

ike1 Sat 02-Feb-13 17:00:49

Thanks Jule...yeah pmt does bite like a bastard sometimes...and I think I am better off shut away alone ...there are just some images that feel hard to bear sometimes when you feel like this. Ill be ok in a day or two.

ike1 Sat 02-Feb-13 17:06:59

Yeah I am going to the cinema later with a mate...gotta keep on keepin on...

Scrazy Sat 02-Feb-13 17:13:29

Ike, what are you going to see?

mercury7 Sat 02-Feb-13 17:15:30

Secret thats a big fat red card for remote control man, one more foul like that and I imagine he'll be permanently sidelined!

VelvetSpoon Sat 02-Feb-13 17:15:35

MsC, I'm sorry about MrCM. I think you've done the right thing in deleting everything, I wouldn't be surprised if you do hear from him again in a few days or weeks though, but he may still be as unavailable so tread carefully and protect yourself.

Ike, sorry, that sounds pretty awful for you. What are you seeing at the cinema? (I'd suggest nothing too serious/bleak, some sort of escapist nonsense might help a bit)

I wonder how Watch's date is going, shes not back yet so hopefully thats a good sign grin

I've not heard from Cuthbert. But he's not the most prolific texter so I refuse to stress over it yet. Besides which I am too busy eating the contents of the kitchen cupboards, the downside of good sex is it always makes me ravenously hungry...

Scrazy Sat 02-Feb-13 17:23:54

MsC just read your post. Deleting is sensible I think, he has told you straight, unfortunately, as you liked him. Try and chalk it up to experience. If you have an IE profile up which is probably not a good idea imo, then he might have thought he could go through with just meeting someone for sex but realised that he couldn't when the time came. You cannot persuade someone to do something they don't want to as much as it hurts (I know).

I hope you cheer up soon.

lubeybooby England Sat 02-Feb-13 17:24:09

I'm eating my way through today too - went and bought half of greggs earlier classy bird

This thread is not accepting new messages.