Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating chat thread still going! Number 39

(1000 Posts)
lubeybooby Sat 02-Feb-13 12:26:31

Here we are all

Dating related chit chat here

48howdidthathappen Sun 03-Feb-13 23:05:24

x posts. I am doing what drove me nuts about my ex. Burying my head in the sand.

48 it's not March yet. Anything can happen between now and then.

ike1 Sun 03-Feb-13 23:12:46

True jule...you are a lady that talks sense.

VelvetSpoon Sun 03-Feb-13 23:14:13

Snape am smile for you re the lovely texts. You definitely should pop round to see him!

VelvetSpoon Sun 03-Feb-13 23:16:59

Still feeling somewhat green around the gills, dont think I will make it to work tomorrow. Thankfully I finished one report on Fri, and the important stuff I have to do this week doesnt start til Weds. Really hoping I am better by then!

ike1 Sun 03-Feb-13 23:18:07

I just have to say ..that despite some doom mongering that we are all guilty of...in actually fact OD is producing some quite reasonable result, even if it has taken a while in some cases..

48howdidthathappen Sun 03-Feb-13 23:26:45

I still feel a bit dishonest Juliette I guess you are right though.

KirstyWirsty Sun 03-Feb-13 23:43:56

48 have you lied to anyone?? No!

velvet glad things are going well with cuthbert

snape woo hoo!

Waves to everyone else !!

Where is yoga

OhWesternWind Mon 04-Feb-13 00:45:26

48 it will all work out. Who knows what will happen in the next couple of months?

Velvet hope you're feeling better soon, but a couple of days off work will perk you up ready for Friday.

Ike yep we're not doing too badly on here at the moment, are we?

Can't get off to sleep tonight, bit upset by the row with my mum. I hate arguments! Seeing lovely LM on Wednesday, just going to go with the flow and see where things take us over the next couple of months. Am hoping for a nice, calm week next week, that's all I want at the moment.

48howdidthathappen Mon 04-Feb-13 05:21:16

Been awake on and off since 3am, the only issue I get through the menopause. Pisses me off! angry

I am going to write to Mr OZ. Going to tell him about my mum and general stuff. Not going to mention about meeting up in March. Keep it low key. It would be so much easier if he met someone else. Which is what I wanted for him, only 41 with no kids.

I really like Mr R&R. He is wacky, passionate and great fun. I feel completely relaxed in his company, like I have known him forever.
Mr R&R hasn't got kids, but at 48 had already accepted that boat had sailed.

Wonder what the the odds are at my age of meeting 2 men that have never married or had kids. Both get me too!

Flipper924 Mon 04-Feb-13 07:11:23

velvet, hope you're feeling better soon. A day in bed sound in order.

48, where are you finding the decent 40+ single men???

Snapespeare Mon 04-Feb-13 08:10:30

oww. Hope things get a little brighter today. smile

choochoo. I nipped off two years in age, I could maybe pass for 39 if one is drunk & squints, but I thought it slightly more honest to shave a couple of years...plus the original profile was the stupid pointless honey trap, so it was for evil purposes anyway. I get loads of messages from blokes in their late fifties/early sixties. As a very general rule women tend to look after themselves a bit better as they age. (Some!) men just embrace spreading waistlines an carpet slippers...

lubeybooby Mon 04-Feb-13 08:28:08

Morning all

<looks down at self embracing spreading waistline and carpet slippers at 32>

<vows to wear corset and heels and full make up tomorrow just for the hell of it>

Snapespeare Mon 04-Feb-13 08:37:41

<hands mug of sweet tea>

<glances downwards at wrinkly Nora batty style pink socks>

Walkacrossthesand Mon 04-Feb-13 08:37:53

Morning all! <waves at thread>. 48 - <Mr R&R hasn't got kids, but at 48 had already accepted that boat had sailed> - ha! My 3 year LDR that ended a couple of years ago was with a 46 year old who still saw children as part of his future, which was one of the reasons he wouldn't see a future with me. So I'm mostly on the sofa but usually got a profile up on one site or another - sofa status is because I get replies only from much older guys that I just can't fancy. Maybe one day....

Voice wishes to state here that regardless of waistline, he has slipper socks and not proper carpet slippers and that most people guess his age at 32/33 when he is almost 39.

48howdidthathappen Mon 04-Feb-13 09:02:58

Flipper In the most unlikely places grin

Walk Mr R&R did plan on having children with his only live in girlfriend 10 years ago. It turned out she couldn't have children sad I haven't asked anymore than he has offered.

48howdidthathappen Mon 04-Feb-13 09:07:20

I don't own slippers. Love being barefoot.

Good news! This weekend I learned that a woman had a crush on me.

OhWesternWind Mon 04-Feb-13 09:15:01

Ooh Voice do tell . . . Is she nice? And does the past tense indicate that this is now over and done with or are there possibilities here?

48howdidthathappen Mon 04-Feb-13 09:15:39

Voice Where is she? Any chance of getting it together?

lubeybooby Mon 04-Feb-13 09:17:53

Oooh voice! Yes do tell

Bad news! I can't abide her.

Even more bad news! She only had a crush on me during a play we were both doing. Not during rehearsals, just the actual performance week when I had changed my hair from dark blond to black, wore nothing but black and had to behave extremely arrogantly and full of myself.

There are very, very few people I can't tolerate. Fingers on one hand. She's one of them.

Flaming typical or what? I don't know whether to be pleased that after all this time someone found me fanciable, annoyed that it was someone I don't like, or thoroughly pissed off that I am only fanciable when being someone other than me.

lubeybooby Mon 04-Feb-13 09:20:47

BUGGER!

48howdidthathappen Mon 04-Feb-13 09:24:22

You said it Lubey

This thread is not accepting new messages.