Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

If you have Young kids, what do you wear to bed?!

(89 Posts)
Insecure24 Sat 02-Feb-13 06:58:24

My dd is 2.8 and whilst a good sleeper generally, she does wake up now and again. Either she'll call me from her room or just appear next to our bed. Feel awkward to sleep naked incase she walks in but also feel bad for dp cuddling his mrs in jammies and (at the moment) stubbly legs!

Ahhhcrap Sat 02-Feb-13 22:04:04

I wander around the house naked all the time.. I think it's a good thing. I don't want my DD being hung up on her body or being embarrassed by nakedness

LifeSavedbyLego Sat 02-Feb-13 22:04:24

Due to a lack of organisation on my part,if I'm not happy tobe seen putting the milkbotttles or bin out in it,I don't wear it to bed.

WhereTheWildOnesSnow Sat 02-Feb-13 22:06:50

I sleep in vest and pants, it's how I'm more comfortable in the night. It has nothing to do with DD(9) or DS(5) seeing me naked ( which they always do as soon as I'm in the bath, they need poos!).

LifeSavedbyLego Sat 02-Feb-13 22:08:30

But to answer the question you actually asked. DCs don't care what i am/not wearing the only time they've comments is when I've gone to bed passed out in day time clothes. blush

catladycourtney1 Sat 02-Feb-13 22:12:17

Another one here amazed at all the naked sleepers! Even if dp and I have been enjoying some naked time, 99 times out of 100 I'll get dressed before I go to sleep. I feel sweaty and weird if I sleep naked.

5madthings Sat 02-Feb-13 22:12:44

I sleep naked and have a towel by the bed to wrap around myself if I get up but don't always use it.

The mad things are 13, 10, 8 and 4 all boys and dd 2 yes they wears pj's to bed. None of them are bothered at seeing me naked, ds1 will still come in the bathroom when I am in the shower or the bath etc but he is more modest himself and keeps himself more covered up, that started in the last year or so.

Ds4 would be permanently naked given the chance and has spent most of the day wearing only pants.

ginmakesitallok Sat 02-Feb-13 22:13:33

Do and I just wear knickers to bed, neither DDS seem to be bothered. They see do naked most mornings and both will happily shower with me in morning (they are 3 and 9)

ginmakesitallok Sat 02-Feb-13 22:15:31

(Who on earth is buying all the grown up jammies if we're mostly naked??)

OscarPistoriusBitontheside Sat 02-Feb-13 22:16:42

I sleep naked, I have a dressing gown for middle of the night wake ups.

nappydaysagain Sat 02-Feb-13 22:31:26

I'm shocked at all the naked sleepers shock only because of the temperature! I'm currently wearing fleece pjs and sometimes wear bed socks too!

I don't have a problem with my DSs seeing me naked and my DS3 (2years 8 months) came in the bath with me earlier but brrrrr far too chilly for me to be naked.

NettleTea Sat 02-Feb-13 23:36:25

We both just wear pants. DD is 12 and DS 6, and I am happy to wander with knickers. DP I think is conscious that DD is not his biological child, so he will pinch my dressing gown for tea duty, although he has been around since she was 2.

M0naLisa Sun 03-Feb-13 03:33:10

Pjs bottoms and normally a camisole top. Or a nightie

Kione Sun 03-Feb-13 09:31:17

I sleep in PJ' because of the cold, vest and socks as someone above. DD is 3 and we just had a bath together, practical and quick and she noticed my boobs, we've gone through "mummies have boobs, babies, children and daddys don't. Just a normal conversation, and she was happy with that smile
My DP is a lot more prude abd doesn't let her in the barhroom when he is in the shower. His choice, but I wouldnt mind if he did, its just our bodies!

carmenelectra Sun 03-Feb-13 09:31:40

I wear same as when I didn't have kids! Don't see what children have to do with it?!

I uusually wear pyjamas, either vest top and bottoms or little vesty nightie. Thicker pyjamas when freezing and bed socks, though various bits come off during night when I get hot. Sometimes dressing gown.smile
Our house is warm but I'd freeze naked! And I'd be uncomfortable.I'd always have at least knickers and vest tops.

Even when I go abroad I wear knickers and vest! Just doesn't feel comfy! Nothing to do with shyness or dcks seeing me.

Dp wears boxers/pants and sometimes tshirt.

Until recently dc3 has woken me up in the night stacks. The Thought of scrambling around naked and freezing, fills me with horror.

carmenelectra Sun 03-Feb-13 09:38:35

I'm truly amazed at the naked sleepers! Everyone I know wears pj's! Well they buy them, get them for Xmas! Maybe they just wear them downstairs and take em off for bed?

nurseneedshelp Sun 03-Feb-13 09:49:04

Naked in this house too! I couldn't sleep with anything on and the windows need to be open too!
My kids are used to it......

TrinityRhino Sun 03-Feb-13 11:42:24

but jammies are lovely to wear when you first get up or in the evening
so I wear mine loads but not in bed unless I'm feeling unwell and cant get warm or when it really is baltic

trixymalixy Sun 03-Feb-13 11:43:54

Nothing

binkybonk Sun 03-Feb-13 16:47:36

Seriously? This many naked?!! I don't live in the UK anymore (it's v hot where I am and your birthday suit and a sheet will sufficegrin) but when I did my heating bill would've been massive if I'd slept naked! It's not got a thing to do with prudery or getting jiggy, it's purely a warmth thing- isn't it?! And if your houses are warm enough for nudity in Feb then your carbon footprint must be massive wink
My parents and siblings were always in and out of bedrooms/ bathrooms as necessary and same now with DH and DS but it's never been consciously thought of by me... Until now! don't think what I do or don't wear in bed will affect DS too much
When I visited the UK last summer I slept in multiple layers culminating in a huge fleece borrowed from my sister. It was Baltic. It was July.
I must have some cold blood in my veins

TheSecondComing Sun 03-Feb-13 16:49:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chroniclackofimagination Sun 03-Feb-13 16:52:41

Both my parents walked around naked if they were changing or showering and I never thought anything of it. I had a Finish friend who's parents would quite happily sit naked reading the paper even if her friends were there (grew up in tropical country, it was hot).They'd just look up, nod and go back to whatever they were doing.

DontmindifIdo Sun 03-Feb-13 17:08:44

Jimjams - but then our house is very cold, and I'm not running the heating overnight.

PretzelTime Sun 03-Feb-13 18:03:47

jammies and (at the moment) stubbly legs
I assume this what your dp is wearing also? Unless he is comfy with being nude unlike you?

Just wear (or don't wear anything) what is the most comfortable for you.

5madthings Sun 03-Feb-13 21:02:59

We don't have the heating on overnight but I have a duvet and that keeps me warm.

JoyceDivision Sun 03-Feb-13 21:19:59

Dh doesn't wear jim jams, often I don't, however I think he will start to do so since dd (6) cheerfully told him he has 'got really big hairy boobies' grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now