Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ex is a prick

(174 Posts)
Lovingfreedom Fri 01-Feb-13 18:17:48

I know I know...I've said it before...anyone interested in a thread where you can just say things like 'my ex is a prick' and other people say 'yeah so is mine'? I've tried wine and I've tried chocolate...but it's just not helping. He's not doing anything illegal, dangerous or frightening...just being self-righteous, entitled, irritating and generally... a prick..

AnuvvaMuvva Fri 01-Feb-13 23:53:59

My ex is a real, class prick. smile

MamaFab Fri 01-Feb-13 23:59:43

Where do they all learn to be so vile?

Prick school for pricks. They all have come out with a 1st class Honors in How to be a sly, cheating, lying prick.

My ex is already proving to be an unreliable fucker and it's only been 3 weeks!

12stonelighter50feettaller Sat 02-Feb-13 07:17:29

I get an early night and the whole thread is stuffed with massive pricks. shock

Lovingfreedom Sat 02-Feb-13 08:00:09

Oh I like dreams like that 12stonelighter...
Indians welcome to the prick-ex club. You're in a dangerous place just now...your life probably feels great without that superfluous piece of crap that is your ex....it is....make sure you record his prickness and remind yourself of it....your mind can play tricks on you in about week four or five. Just like after childbirth you can start to forget just how painful and unpleasant it is.... Don't be surprised too if your Prick ex starts turning on the charm and promising the earth to get you back. So you need to remember....once a prick....always a prick....and like fiventhree says...some pricks are better out than in....

fiventhree Sat 02-Feb-13 08:42:10

No LF, I havnt, but still consider it sometimes.

Push them to the back of your minds as far as possible and read as much as you can on how you got here. Helped me enormously in the past and still does.

I can offer some light at the end of the tunnel- I have an ex prick from 25 year old daughter and I would barely recognise him in the street these days, let alone think about him.

12stonelighter50feettaller Sat 02-Feb-13 08:55:29

I wish I could push my ex to the back of my mind, but bad for me and good for the kids I have to see him or speak to him most days. He has gone and moved into a massive house around the corner he can't afford so the kids can have space to play when they stay but he only has them overnight once a week so he can have his lie-ins. angry

12stonelighter50feettaller Sat 02-Feb-13 08:56:37

The rest of the time he comes around here and bothers me after work instead angry

OverlyYappyAlways Sat 02-Feb-13 09:07:56

Mine is total prick, we have two boys, he isn't allowed contact with them or Social Work will step in, he doesn't know he isn't allowed contact with them as Social Work have not gone to the effort to tell him and I have a strictly no contact on him, one text would lead to him being text happy.So he likes to parade on Fakebook that I 'keep his dc from him' the truth is, the DC do not wish to see him, they see him for what he is an angry abusive drug addict!

He has another dc in care, in hospital born in August never left hospital his g.friend is pregnant again, I would be delighted never to see him again, I want my divorce now, he was supposed to do it in August. He cannot be very busy, he has 1 DC of his in care 2 in my care, and 2 of his g. friends in care, all down to one prick of man, I'm so pleased he is my ex, him not existing would have been better tbh.

targaryen24 Sat 02-Feb-13 09:35:51

I got so fed up with my ex that I left & upgraded to a sentient human being. Best thing I've ever done (besides having my DS)!
wine

Squiglettsmummy2bx Sat 02-Feb-13 10:31:37

Wow so many pricks! My prick needs to come by & collect his final belongings tonight but same as yesterday I will be hiding his bag behind my bins & hoping the rain/random thief gets to it first wink
Oh & he's told me he's a great dad as he has got DS a big birthday card & no one else will get him one as big. Er you owe me a tenner so I bought the card, you have t paid 1p towards his £200 worth of gifts, his party, cake etc. I bought it all, carried it all, made the cakes etc all while looking after & playing with DS who you haven't seen all week. In fact he's been walking since Wednesday & you haven't seen him. Why?? Coz you are A PRICK!

NicknameTaken Sat 02-Feb-13 15:35:15

Ex is a prick, but I've gone on about his awfulness so much that I'm boring myself. He does have DD on a regular basis, so I suppose he's more involved than many of the fathers on here. Now, if only he didn't use his time with her to tell her that I and my parents are evil and trying to kill him. Seriously. DD is 5 and doesn't know what to believe.

He is testing the boundaries with handovers - 40 mins late, then 60 mins late - I'd put money on it that the next time will be 80 mins late. He wants to find out at what time I'll get the police involved, when I'm actively trying to avoid any more drama.

DD is currently on antibiotics, so I emailed and texted him to tell him to collect the medicine from school and when she needs to take it. I've no idea whether he'll do it or not.

He's never paid a penny and has put me into serious debt for the first time in my life by bringing stupid law cases against me - claiming that I'm blocking contact when I'm not.

I don't ill-wish people because I have a superstitious fear that it returns to harm the ill-wisher, but I feel I can observe in an entirely detached manner that the world would be a better place without him in it.

duffybeatmetoit Sat 02-Feb-13 16:59:46

This is so cathartic grin

On a lighter note mine has a habit of sending texts meant for the latest victim to me by mistake. He then claims the message was for me but his predictive text was playing up. Clearly thinks I'm thick enough to believe him. Then again I did fall for his lies for years so that might be a reasonable assumption on his part.

What was the number for the marsupial sex workers again?

Lozislovely Sat 02-Feb-13 17:45:17

Stbxh isn't just a prick he's a wanker wink

Officially separated a month ago though still living in the same house (until it sells).

He spent £130 on a prostitute y'day which I found out about and confronted him on seeing as his lied where he was the whole day and could have compromised collecting the children from school.

Apparently that and the other 3 occasions that he did it whilst we were married were my fault cos we didn't have sex enough!! Nice, so it's my fault as is pretty much everything else!!!

On the positive he's so freaking in for a shock when he tries to date again as he really doesn't see the multitudes of faults that he has wink

marryinhaste Sat 02-Feb-13 17:56:54

Oh Loz, I got that too - stbx telling me he should go to a prostitute as I never wanted to have sex. Umm, how about you help out with your children and stop being a prick and maybe then I might be in the mood...

marryinhaste Sat 02-Feb-13 18:00:54

And I also share your view on the next victim gf - anyone else I've split up with, I have always dreaded them finding someone else, but I know he's always going to be a prick to whoever he's with, so I just pity whoever it might be! grin

Lozislovely Sat 02-Feb-13 18:16:05

He also had the bloody cheek to question my outgoings (after I stopped contributing £130 a month towards the mortgage). I pay well over a thousand each month to his £700. Like I'm going to continue giving him that money so he can spend it on a shag!!!

But on the upside is what I find so satisfying - all the faults I know he has and stupidly put up with - the next victim won't be as stupid as I was.

And the list is so bloody long grin

My ex is a prick of the highest order,just to make things better for the prick,hes also a very stupid prick,too stupid to realise hes a stupid prick grin

10 blessed years weve been divorced an hes still being a prick.I have had no contact from the time he threatened to kill me infront of young Dc's and I had to get a restraining order but STILL he manages to be a prick,guess its just something,finally in his sad,sorry, victimised excuse for a life that the prick is actually good at

lovingfreedom my life doesn't feel great at the moment because everyday I seem to be hit in the face with a new load of information that informs me that the man that I loved, and had a beautiful son with is in fact a complete waste of space. I feel so betrayed and stupid. The crying has stopped and the anger is now setting in. I feel really fucking angry today.

I'm sorry to read that there are so many pricks.

TisILeclerc Sat 02-Feb-13 21:59:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kernowgal Sun 03-Feb-13 19:13:43

I'd pay good money to watch that if mine was on it TisILeclerc, and I think his ex-wife would want a ticket too.

Especially if the only food available was McDonalds (he HATED McDonalds - his eldest daughter once asked him if he'd come to her wedding if she got married in McDonalds, he said no he wouldn't. I said yes of course I would. Hah).

raspberyfool Sun 03-Feb-13 22:26:14

My xh is a total prick. He plays the good dad card but only sees the girls the minimum he can. He texts me when bored and ignores his dc when with gf.
He flips from being overly nice to me then back to being a prick. He has no relationship with our youngest and shows no desire to have one. He never ever looks me in the eye and i have only realised recently he never calls me by my name even when together. I truly am repulsed by him now. Feel like buying him a one way ticket to plant fuck off.
grin
And breath

Lovingfreedom Mon 04-Feb-13 13:03:12

I was out most the weekend with new (non-prick...at least not showing signs at the moment but will not wait 15 years to act if he does this time) man....and come back to this....what is the collective noun for pricks?
Indians I'm sorry. It is horrible when you start to discover what a prick your ex is and when you realise that a lot of it has always been there. I found that writing it all down helped a lot. Filled up about 5 notebooks of ranting, letters to ex, letters to his parents, lists of his prickishness etc.

raspberryfool yes, I recognise that overly nice/prick cycle very well. My favourite was the day that he called me a bimbo in an email in the afternoon then when I dropped off the kids he said he liked my hair! lol.

50shadesofvomit Mon 04-Feb-13 14:34:32

My ex is also a prick. He's a gaslighting emotionally abusive narc of the highest order.

I was googling sociopath and psychopath the other day and strangely, the description of both fit ex perfectly.

He can be a good Dad but even 11 year ds can see through his tricks like buying stuff to compensate for lack of attention. [hmmm] Mine also plays hot and cold with me. One minute he's accusing me of poisoning his food, the next he's trying to get me to sleep with him.

Lovingfreedom Mon 04-Feb-13 14:47:12

Indians I'm thinking about what you wrote again. I've taken quite a lot of comfort from this....when my prick-ex first left I was kind of a bit high & dry with the kids, seeing as I work f/t quite a long drive from where we live and my prick-ex used to stay at home. My boss was away so I went to see a woman who I work with who is in a very senior position in our organisation. I was just going to ask her for some time working from home but ended up telling her a bit more about my situation. 'Oh' she said, after I had described prick-ex and his behaviour 'I had one of those once, it's horrible isn't it...don't beat yourself up, it's not your fault, can happen to anyone'
Now this is a woman who has reached the top of her game professionally and who I would regard as both unflappable and formidable. Her words were wize and they were supportive. And when I've been through some of the 'how could I have been so stupid/what kind of idiot let's someone treat them like this?' phases, I've thought 'well it happened to <big boss>'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now