Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ex is a prick

(174 Posts)
Lovingfreedom Fri 01-Feb-13 18:17:48

I know I know...I've said it before...anyone interested in a thread where you can just say things like 'my ex is a prick' and other people say 'yeah so is mine'? I've tried wine and I've tried chocolate...but it's just not helping. He's not doing anything illegal, dangerous or frightening...just being self-righteous, entitled, irritating and generally... a prick..

kalidanger Fri 01-Feb-13 20:38:51

Squiglett, not 12stone, sorry AGAIN.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Fri 01-Feb-13 20:42:36

Yes I would lie & as ex is a junkie & has caused nothing but pain in the last 3 years DD would believe me but the seed of doubt would be there. We have a DS, he will be 1 on Sunday. He will not be seeing his dad & as he already as 3 sons that ss have banned him from seeing I don't see a court in the land making me let him see DS. If I knew 3 years ago what I know now but I wouldn't have my gorgeous Lil boy so I can't really say that with much feeling sad

Milkandlotsandlotsofwine Fri 01-Feb-13 20:52:37

My ex is a complete prick. He has taken to ringing my phone 'accidentally' and then saying it was a mistake/he didn't realise it was my number when I ring back!

This despite the fact that it was him who cut contact with me. The worst bit of it all is that I still love him. Sometimes I feel like I will never be happy again.sad

Lovingfreedom Fri 01-Feb-13 20:57:29

Oh dear....looks like milkandlotsofwine has a prick of an ex she's not over yet....suggestions?

kalidanger Fri 01-Feb-13 20:58:34

Milk change his name to DO NOT CALL on your phone. As a reminder. DO NOT CALL HIM BACK!

Squig It sounds like you'd just about to be able to get away with it all (if you see what I mean) but why should you have to? What a prick angry

kalidanger Fri 01-Feb-13 20:59:07

Edit: Change his name to MY EX IS A PRICK grin

Lovingfreedom Fri 01-Feb-13 21:05:45

Yes....we've all been there....in love with a prick....it takes a bit of work but you can break the habit....eventually you strip away all the things you love about and all that's left is a big prick if you are lucky eh 12stones ?

12stonelighter50feettaller Fri 01-Feb-13 21:05:51

Or how about MY EX IS AN ARCH-MANIPULATOR PRICK. Sorry, he sounds awful, I hope you get over him soon.

Milkandlotsandlotsofwine Fri 01-Feb-13 21:08:04

kali Believe you me I have changed his name to every variation of 'Thismanisawankerdonotcallbackhewillbreakyourheart' that it is possible to think of. It makes no difference. My resolve always weakens.

I told him this time to delete my number out of his phone so it can't happen again. I think he will do it. He sounded mortified last time I rang him.

aven Fri 01-Feb-13 21:09:08

I would call my ex a prick only a prick is actually useful :-).
Mine did a runner to Australia christmes week abandoning my 2 dc and hasnt called them since. Oh apart from drunk..... once that is. To say he is a lowlife is an understatement.

12stonelighter50feettaller Fri 01-Feb-13 21:09:19

I was really lucky that I did all the stripping away, all the heartache, whilst we were still together, all that was left the day he left was sweet relief. I have been there before though with still loving a prick ex, it is misery sad .

Milkandlotsandlotsofwine Fri 01-Feb-13 21:09:39

12stone and loving Thank you. Yes he is a total prick & I also hope I get over him soon. Although I'm still in tears nearly every day a year down the line so I can't see it happening any time soon.

12stonelighter50feettaller Fri 01-Feb-13 21:10:17

aven that is awful.

aven Fri 01-Feb-13 21:12:27

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Milkandlotsandlotsofwine Fri 01-Feb-13 21:13:50

aven That is truly terrible. I am so sorry for you and your DC. How any body can be so cruel and spineless is just beyond comprehension.

Lovingfreedom Fri 01-Feb-13 21:16:47

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

IncognitoIsMyFavouriteWord Fri 01-Feb-13 21:19:01

yeah mines a prick

He was a prick for 10 years by the 11th I cut all contact with him. He'd stopped bothering to see DS 2 years earlier anyway and I'd had enough when I developed cancer and he refused to help.

Yes my ex is a prick grin

aven Fri 01-Feb-13 21:19:52

Haha loving. That would be a very worthwhile investment I think. Apparently the best revenge is living well and im sure we will all get to that stage but in the meantime venting is your friend ladies.

marryinhaste Fri 01-Feb-13 21:28:58

Ah, just the thread for me. <pulls up a chair>

My ex is a total prick. Despite him telling me many, many times that he was only staying with me for the kids, he didn't love me, I was fat,ugly etc etc he took great offence to me actually telling him to move out and is now incredibly angry with me.

He has all but abandoned his children, only seeing them for a hour or two every fortnight - leaving me to do everything (including explaining to them why daddy isn't here anymore),he begrudges paying 20 measly percent of his net pay to the CSA, he regularly tells me he regrets ever meeting me and HE'S angry with ME? Prick, prick, prick!

Lovingfreedom Fri 01-Feb-13 21:31:40

Oo...marry you got it bad ...how many kangaroos do you need? Let's make him really regret meeting you. You ex sounds like a prize prick.

kalidanger Fri 01-Feb-13 21:36:29
aven Fri 01-Feb-13 21:37:57

Grrr.. what is it with these men. Marry I feel your pain. How any man can abandon his kids is just disgustingand immoral. All these pricks of exs should be given the kangaroo treatment for sure. MN Is a wonderful outlet though.

12stonelighter50feettaller Fri 01-Feb-13 21:39:25

My God what a bunch of nobbers. Some of your stories have made me worry that my ex may not be such a prick after all. Ummm, scrap that one. My ex is angry with me because I don't want maintenance, I want him to just pay for dcs childcare.

Onwards and upwards sisters. smile

aven Fri 01-Feb-13 21:40:28

Lol Kalidanger. I like your style. :-)
He looks perfect for the job.

Can I join???? My ex is turning out to be a bit of a prick! PRICK PRICK PRRRRIIIIIICCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!!

That feels better grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now