Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Distraction suggestions please...

(8 Posts)
jenny99 Wed 30-Jan-13 22:30:16

Yep. Going to the gym @ 8.30!

Googling and have found the local magistrates court. Can I just turn up?

tuffinmop Wed 30-Jan-13 22:28:19

exercise class then. You can't sweat and think! and you'll feel better after x

jenny99 Wed 30-Jan-13 22:22:47

Wow. Love the idea of sitting in on the magistrates!

Definitely would brood in the park. I have properly fitted bras and my mind would wander in the library.

Love the idea of sitting in at court..,,thank you. Googling now....

All idea welcome....

meditrina Wed 30-Jan-13 22:19:28

Walk in the park (or would you brood?), go to art gallery, give blood, have a proper bra fitting, visit library, sit in on the local magistrates, get manicure?

jenny99 Wed 30-Jan-13 22:15:11

Lol. I am right now watching crap on tv and eating ice cream!

I'm a sahm and find it hard to watch tv in the day. Feel like I should be cooking or doing housework.

Have some massively emotional stuff going on and I really need to take control of myself and stop wallowing and dwelling on it. I need to be busy with something different that I can lose myself in....

tuffinmop Wed 30-Jan-13 22:11:49

At home, telly and cups of tea and cake. Why do you need such a big distraction? Are you waiting for results or something? In which case nothing will really distract you. Go for a long walk or a swim. I would kill for a day on my own, enjoy a bit of phil and Holly/ radio / music and chill, just do what you enjoy.

chewingguminmyhair Wed 30-Jan-13 22:10:48

I watch crap on telly and eat biscuits wink

jenny99 Wed 30-Jan-13 22:07:49

Sorry not sure where I should post this. I am looking for some things to do during the day tomorrow to distract me big time. Eg cinema....but I'm going in the evening. Prefer low cost suggestions please...going to the gym first thing then need to kill time till I pick up from school and need a massive distraction....not something like cooking....what do you all do when you have free time like that? I would prefer if it is something I can do on my own. Thank you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now