Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Stupid Arguments you have with your DPs/DHs (Light hearted)

(63 Posts)
CharlieSilver Mon 28-Jan-13 18:10:26

We've had an argument tonight because I was skyping my dad and asked DP to put dinner on, When I was showing him what to do, he did that STUPID man thing when they start walking away like they are so done with the convo, and even have that "Zoned out" look in their eyes.

Anyway an hour later I walk out the front room to see he's gone off in a sulk and not started dinner, I refuse to talk to him for being a hideous man child and he refuses to talk to me. god knows why, I am obviously right.. ahem I am now sulking upstairs (I managed to smuggle up some snacks though bwahaha)

I'm in for a joyful evening aren't I?! grin

What silly things have you and your DP fallen out over?!

Dish8 Wed 17-Apr-13 15:19:43

he uses my stuff and doesnt replace it.

gosh the list is endless.....shouldnt have started this sad

Dish8 Wed 17-Apr-13 15:18:51

correct....always wanting to do better.....

Dish8 Wed 17-Apr-13 15:18:21

he does the following......
leaving doors open.
slams them when he does shut them.
leaving lights on when not in the room.
lays on the floor after eating dinner.
snoring.
rubbish memory. cant do things later as always forgets but too lazy to do them there and then.
both work FT with one 3.5 yr old and one due oct, financial issues all on my head - wil not man up and be responsible. even for his OWN ACTIONS
delievers problems which always impact us as a family whichmakes me work and stress harder.
Will not swap roles for 2 days to understand im over loaded.
always late home from work.

me
not always put the washing on
worry and stress and i have expectations and morals.
disappointed when i do not achieve the goals i set to move forward in life.
always waiting to do better.

sheridanielsmummy Fri 01-Mar-13 23:28:52

why cider is minging! x

elsabel Fri 01-Mar-13 23:20:43

He uses my girly smelling shower gel when i buy him a manly smelling one.

I move his paperwork (because he doesnt tidy it)

His poo smells and makes me feel sick.

He wakes up before me and fijits around for ages before getting up....

I could go on...oh and did i mention im pregnant and incredibly hormonal (may have something to do with it!)

badtemperedaldbitch Fri 01-Mar-13 16:10:01

His inability to admit he is wrong or incorrect about something. After 15 years I said "its statistically impossible for someone else to be right 15 years in a row."

We are now 23 years together and he still won't SAY he is wrong but he will give me a wink.grin

MooMooSkit Fri 01-Mar-13 15:46:44

My oh has the worst memory so if he is looking for something and it's not in this one place he remembered it in 50000 years ago straight away i get "where is this" and he starts having a hissy fit if I don't get up to help him find it!

Leaving clothes on the bathroom floor after a bath. I got so fed up with this I just started putting it all back in the wardrobe (especially if it was visibly dirty) just to make him learn his lesson. He still does it.

He hoards things.

We can't go anywhere with a skip or a table top sale without having to stop.

Trinpy Fri 01-Mar-13 15:33:00

Never puts a fresh bin bag in after removing full bin bag

yy to this. And then he has the cheek to complain I don't empty the bin enough - at least i dont' do a half-arsed job! <long standing row>

Also when he throws dirty dishes/cultery in the sink for me to sort out rather than just putting them in the bloody dishwasher.

Also daily fights about not stacking the dishwasher 'properly'.

Whose turn it is to hoover/dust/clean the bathroom/etc.

If we had a full-time cleaner we would never argue.

Ours is the same, pacific, with the tv plug switched off, though instead dh pulls the plugs out... The reason also coming from MIL. Where did she get that from? He pulls all the plugs out, but not Sky....does he think the sky box won't set on fire then..?

Also, he insisted once that Heinz vegetable soup was more substantial than normal soup because of the vegetables....I could have sworn they are not exactly proper fresh veg, are they?

He thinks he irons better than me, although he manages to leave a shine in my work pants...

By the way, I 'allow'him to think he's good at it, that way he carries on ironing....I'm fine with the shine, really wink
Me not daft grin

Flobbadobs Fri 01-Mar-13 13:51:07

Which celebrities are dead. Seriously, we'll be watching an old sitcom and one of us will say "it shows how old this is, he/she has been dead for decades" the other one will say "no, they're still alive" and it goes on until one of us gets up to look at Google and wave it in the other ones face saying "see? i told you!".
It can het a little heated...

TheSeniorWrangler Fri 01-Mar-13 13:03:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Slumberparty Fri 01-Mar-13 12:49:55

Him:
Putting dirty clothes next to washing bin, not in.
Taking shoes off in the middle of a room and leaving them there.
Doesn't believe dusting is necessary as "if the place was hoovered regularly than there shouldn't be any dust" But he never hoovers either!
Uses every possible kitchen appliance, saucepan and bowl to cook a meal, and never clears up as he cooks.
Never puts a fresh bin bag in after removing full bin bag.

Me:
Never clears out rotting veg from the fridge.
Rarely puts a load of washing on.
Stacks the dishwasher badly apparently

HamsterOnAPiano Fri 01-Mar-13 10:28:25

Putting all his trousers/jeans in the wash with only one leg inside out because he has one leg fatter than the other(!)
Hanging laundry up so each garment takes up maximum space and takes at least 5 weeks to dry.
Forgetting that clothes that go in the wash also have to come out again. I made a point of not taking them out last time - they were there for a week

Needless to say he doesn't have anything to do with laundry anymore

JuliesSistersCousinsAuntsCat Fri 01-Feb-13 18:35:47

ChocolateCoins are you my mum? grin She complains about my DSDad who does that! Although it can often be Take Thats greatest hits!

JuliesSistersCousinsAuntsCat Fri 01-Feb-13 18:26:36

Everytime we go shopping and transfer food stuff from bag to cupboard, DP will leave one item on the work top. Everytime. Today it was a jar of olives. Why can't he put it away with everything else? I put it away, give him 'the look' and he mutters about it under his breath.

<petty> grin

MitchAPalooza Fri 01-Feb-13 18:21:07

He puts his washing on the floor next to the washing basket. Never in, just next to. But the day I took it downstairs and put it on the floor next to the washing machine, I was 'being childish'...

MsNobodyAgain Fri 01-Feb-13 17:10:53

Many arguments about how washing wasn't a big deal as I "didn't have to bash it against a rock" did I? So it wasn't hard. Did he ever put washing on...no!

His wet towels left on the top of my side of the bed. I once removed the sodden towel and tucked it on his side between the bottom sheet and the duvet. You should have seen his face. grin

Needless to say, I'm divorced. smile grin smile

pacific407 Fri 01-Feb-13 17:09:03

ahh carly we never have the tv on standby problem because DH's mum convinced him that tvs on standby is the most common cause of house fires. So our tv is always switched off at the mains!

carlywurly Fri 01-Feb-13 16:53:44

Leaving the tv on standby rather than turning it off.

Brushing his teeth and not rinsing the sink properly.

Making me carry his things in my handbag - I hate that responsibility.

Inability to find something in the fridge without my input. Or anywhere else, for that matter.

Thankfully all trivial in the scheme of rows grin

BalloonSlayer Fri 01-Feb-13 16:50:54

yy to the wallet and phone in my handbag. . . and then taking the piss out of me "I dunno WHY you always have such a big handbag" angry

oldwomaninashoe Fri 01-Feb-13 16:45:29

He empties the clean contents of the dishwasher (except for the cutlery and saucepans) and stacks them up on the work surface, denying all knowledge of where they belong!
I end up putting them away hmm
( we have lived in this house for 18 years and all the Ds's seem capable of emptying and putting away the contents of the dishwasher)

hillyhilly Fri 01-Feb-13 16:30:15

He talks to me from an entirely separate part of the house (when I am in the kitchen with the radio on) and gets cross when I don't hear him.
He dries up but refuses to put away -Grr.
He gets shirty if he rings at an inconvenient time and I don't have time to talk to him (I'm a sahm, I think he feels I should stay near the phone). He also gets pissy if I don't answer the phone.
If he tidies up, he won't put anything that's not his away, he just holds it up saying "where should this be?"
He came in at half past 12 last night and got shirty when I didn't want to chat (he'd woken me up coming in)
I think I'd better stop as I could go on for a long time today!!

DreamingofSummer Fri 01-Feb-13 16:26:24

total inability to close a door

pacific407 Fri 01-Feb-13 16:20:53

His total inability to do ANYTHING entirely by himself. There is always at least one question, or something I need to do, generally about the location of something or other, or when he gives DS his bath but doesn't let the water out or hang up the towel so really I might as well have bloody bathed him myself.

Recent one, he was putting DS to bed, which he generally does while I tidy downstairs and cook dinner. I am elbow deep in chicken and vegetables and he calls down the stairs..."DW, could you just come up and put the toothpaste on DS's toothbrush?". Needless to say I told him what he could do with DS's toothbrush.

When we're out, he always puts his wallet and phone in my bag. Fine. But this apparently means that, even when we aren't actually out, I have responsibility for his wallet and phone. And if he can't find either (which happens approximately 786 times each day), it is all my fault.

CharlieSilver Fri 01-Feb-13 16:13:17

I can relate to nearly ALL of these... which is worrying.

JamEyelid I finished painting DDs room yesterday and his job is t do the ceiling, I have bought ALL the stuff he needs and he says he will do it this weekend... We shall see!!

oldwomaninashoe Have the same argument with my DP, While smiling sweetly at the checkout lady, knowing I sound like a horrid nagger. I now refuse to go with him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now