Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why are so many people up at this hour ?

(1000 Posts)
SummerDad Sun 27-Jan-13 01:25:39

Just wondering ...

SummerDad Tue 29-Jan-13 03:16:33

may be I should try to sleep have work at 8 in the morning. No idea what I keep waiting for every night till I get dead tired and just fall asleep.

cafecito Tue 29-Jan-13 03:17:27

drawing immunoglobulins :p I'm in a hospital. I can't remember when I last slept grin toddler is shipped off for a couple weeks - thus working (MNing) odd hours

it's oh so peaceful, love it

cafecito Tue 29-Jan-13 03:18:34

SummerDad I do that too (on a normal, non library night) I stay up til I am SO TIRED I go to bed and fall asleep- I never ever go to bed like a normal person.
new year's resolution with me?

cafecito Tue 29-Jan-13 03:19:00

sleep well!

SummerDad Tue 29-Jan-13 03:21:42

cafecito I was trying to sleep and was thinking what kind of library would be open at this time , could not resist to check on the next message now I am hooked up to the laptop again ...

SummerDad Tue 29-Jan-13 03:24:10

I hate to admit this but I would sleep well snuggled up with someone I love, seems impossible though smile still can try to have a new year resolution wont hurt i guess grin

ladyWordy Tue 29-Jan-13 03:26:35

SummerDad, 03:04 - the day will come...

Izzy....I know it's a terrifying thought. But the technology keeps improving, it's not like it used to be. Go on, try to book it before you think about it anymore! It will change your life. It changed the life of someone dear to me.

... I am up because .. I function that way...;)

cafecito Tue 29-Jan-13 03:30:42

no no it can't be impossible!! Keep visualising it and it will happen (yes, I believe all that)

I'm obvs not the snuggly sort I take great pleasure in sleeping with my head on a desk in a library for 30 mins before doing a coffee dash. I sometimes think a relationship with someone I love would be really nice, but I'm just too busy. Or maybe I am deliberately too busy. hmm. One day I'd like that too. with rain beating on the windows outside, snuggly under a duvet

they say screens can meddle with sleep? maybe we should have a computer ban after midnight? this will clearly be impossible

SummerDad Tue 29-Jan-13 03:31:08

thanks ladyWordy I am being a bit of a moaner again tonight hehe

Tearsforfears Tue 29-Jan-13 03:33:31

Stressed and sad, horrible dreams.

SummerDad Tue 29-Jan-13 03:35:31

cafecito you sound like a very studious person smile Well, rain is beating on the windows outside and I am snuggled in the duvet, still something missing, lemme think wink

ban the screen after midnigh shock can't even think of that ...

SummerDad Tue 29-Jan-13 03:36:19

I am sorry to hear that Tearsforfears.

cafecito Tue 29-Jan-13 03:43:55

no I'm not studious at all, this is why I am here in an exam panic grin I am too good at doing nothing for 6 months and procrastinating hugely then thinking 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh' I think I work better under pressure anyway.

tearsforfears sorry to hear about nightmares I have them sometimes it actually puts me off going to bed in the first place.

Oblomov Tue 29-Jan-13 03:49:09

I am awake, crying over my closet friend who recently dumped me. I see her everyday in the playground and thus it is like rubbing salt into the wounds. Every now and then I wake up , in the middle of the night and just have a little cry about it.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Tue 29-Jan-13 03:50:48

I'm hear again with my little grompher. I've just been drawing immunoglobulins too cafe ; mine all had wigs on and one had a top hat and cane because he was fancy..

Do.any of you do the ABC game to help you sleep? It works for me (not the same as a.loving clutch though, summerdad )

tearsforfears how awful sad

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Tue 29-Jan-13 03:54:20

Oh oblomov I'm sorry that happened to you. sad

That must be so difficult

cafecito Tue 29-Jan-13 03:54:54

I've added a top hat to my surface antigen picture

Lostonthemoors Tue 29-Jan-13 03:55:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lostonthemoors Tue 29-Jan-13 03:56:23

Lostonthemoors Tue 29-Jan-13 03:57:05

Tearsforfears Tue 29-Jan-13 03:57:23

kitty what is the ABC game, any help trying to get to sleep greatly appreciated.

SummerDad Tue 29-Jan-13 04:06:48

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles, sounds tempting hahaha

what's this ABC game?

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Tue 29-Jan-13 04:11:05

cafe and doesn't he it look smarter? grin

hi tears , well you think of a category, like, bands or comedy programs or films or something, then go through the alphabet trying to assign one to each letter
A= Absolutely
B=Black books and so on.

It works for me because it quietens my mind and focusses it. Then I find myself slipping into that good night.... I give myself parameters too like I have to get 3 of each letter or they have to be ones I like.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Tue 29-Jan-13 04:16:43

I been playing it so long now, my trouble is coming up with categories. It has to be something you can feasibly get one for letter if the alphabet for but not too easy so you race through it. The key is in searching your brain for that band beginning with k or whatever and suddenly you wake up because --your baby wants booby-
- its morning

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Tue 29-Jan-13 04:18:41

Oh lostonthemoors your poor little mite

Is there a doctor in the house? wink

This thread is not accepting new messages.